Human test when running setup from a torrent not working
Hey! After downloading a torrent and clicking on the setup, TPB site comes up in the setup window and tells me to login, everytime i try to do that it says that i have to fill out both username and password. What should i do?
Not a site issue.

More like a lack of common sense issue.

No legit torrent on the planet requires you to log into TPB to use it.

You downloaded a fake, and if you actually entered a username and password, you'll be sending that information to some stranger that has no affiliation with TPB.
(Jan 19, 2019, 16:20 pm)Moe Wrote: Not a site issue.

More like a lack of common sense issue.

No legit torrent on the planet requires you to log into TPB to use it.

You downloaded a fake, and if you actually entered a username and password, you'll be sending that information to some stranger that has no affiliation with TPB.

wtf? why would they want the user and pass to my account on TBP? since there isnt anything valuable on there
The are interested in any number of things, but primarily, now they have an established account they can use to update yet more fakes and malware like you just downloaded.

They also can take your username and password combo and try it on every other site on the internet, since it is unfortunately common practice to use the same combo on multiple sites.
(Jan 19, 2019, 16:55 pm)Moe Wrote: common practice to use the same combo on multiple sites.

1,2,3,4,5? That's the same combination on my luggage.
Se what I'm saying? Now some script kiddie is going to download all your fresh air.
(Jan 19, 2019, 16:07 pm)hemlatta Wrote: Hey! After downloading a torrent and clicking on the setup, TPB site comes up in the setup window and tells me to login, everytime i try to do that it says that i have to fill out both username and password. What should i do?

Usually that is a sign of a fake or phishing torrent.  If possible, I would recommend changing your TPB password and ensuring anti-virus is up to date. :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any working YouTube downloader? stevenjones 14 23,305 Mar 03, 2024, 16:40 pm
Last Post: LZA
  I can NOT download this f**king torrent ! Ladyanne3 4 1,198 Feb 08, 2024, 00:19 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  a Laptop with a Non-Working Keyboard and Battery commentos 2 5,441 Apr 07, 2023, 04:40 am
Last Post: k85
  Remote Bittorrent not working surferbroadband 0 4,792 Mar 31, 2023, 00:03 am
Last Post: surferbroadband
  Human traffic and SEO dueda 17 30,061 May 24, 2022, 12:49 pm
Last Post: psychopomp_999