SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: iRiff/RLM Megathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
I started working on Speedway Squads' Mission to Mars a while back, but it had the annoying issue that the riff audio slowly falls out of sync with the movie audio of the bluray. I've had the issue before with Total Recall and another one at some point. same lengths, same scenes, same everything as far as I can tell, but still the riff slowly gets more and more out of sync with the movie till by the end it is about 2-3 seconds off. I'm going to take another look at it, but been really busy with a project that is now past its deadline, so not much free time. If I can manage to get a day free I might see about getting Predator done in the hopes it doesn't have the same syncing issues.

The hardest part about syncing is getting everything lined up correctly. it is different for every riff and more often than not the sync lines in the text files aren't much better than general guides. You have to listen to jokes that directly reference something in the movie or jokes that align with a specific line in the movie and then balance the timing so they all feel right. that means syncing, watching, syncing, watching, syncing, watching, over and over till its right. the ducking itself isn't too bad, but the time it takes depends on whether you try to balance the two audios so the movie audio is still hearable (like rifftrax vods try to do) or if you just duck it to the floor like some syncers do.  With iriffs, especially the older ones, finding the right version of the movie is turning out to be a frustration if you don't want to spend any money and you have to hope a torrent for the right version exists and still has seeds. really syncing isn't that hard, there is just a kinda steep learning curve at the beginning and it is simply time consuming to do as right as possible.

the number of iriff fans is growing, but you have to be patient. I've been a member of this community for years now and even if it seems slow I can safely say there have been more iriffs synced in the past year than there have been in the previous handful of years. people do this because they either enjoy it or they themselves want to have the sync, but if you push too hard then you're going to see them burn out real fast. in the end the more riff audios that are shared the more syncs there will be, it will just take time. Smile
(Sep 04, 2018, 18:33 pm)StaticClass Wrote: [ -> ]I started working on Speedway Squads' Mission to Mars a while back, but it had the annoying issue that the riff audio slowly falls out of sync with the movie audio of the bluray. I've had the issue before with Total Recall and another one at some point. same lengths, same scenes, same everything as far as I can tell, but still the riff slowly gets more and more out of sync with the movie till by the end it is about 2-3 seconds off. I'm going to take another look at it, but been really busy with a project that is now past its deadline, so not much free time. If I can manage to get a day free I might see about getting Predator done in the hopes it doesn't have the same syncing issues.
This could be a bad file, but are you sure you don't have an NTSC version of the riff and a PAL version of the video file. PAL and NTSC have slightly different frame rates and you will need to adjust the riff to convert between them. It causes the sort of drift you are reporting. It used to trip me up all the time. 

Here is some info on the problem so you can check for it. 
http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=9268.0

If you are having trouble doing your own syncs this guide isn't a bad place to start

http://ubuntable.blogspot.com/2009/10/qu...uthor.html

Audacity works fine for windows as well as linux so that part is the same. Audacity has an autoducking option, so you don't need to do that by hand.

The tools to do the demuxing to seperate audio and video, and remuxing it at the end back into a complete file is usually fairly straight forward depending on what you want to do. I normally mix 5.1 audio down to stero and just reencode as a high bitrate mp3 once i've mixed the rifftrax with the audio. Just for simplicity.

If people want to learn to sync their own riffs i'm happy to offer some advice and and questions. But I do usually use the linux command line tools for pulling stuff apart and putting it back together, there are windows versions available but you will need to be comfortable with a command line if I am to be of any use on that score.
[
Yeah, I was thinking that it sounded like a very slight framerate issue.
(Sep 10, 2018, 06:30 am)sciphi Wrote: [ -> ]This could be a bad file, but are you sure you don't have an NTSC version of the riff and a PAL version of the video file. PAL and NTSC have slightly different frame rates and you will need to adjust the riff to convert between them. It causes the sort of drift you are reporting. It used to trip me up all the time. 

after looking at this source it has a frame rate of 24.000 while sources that work in other syncs have the expected 23.976 frame rate. going back and looking at previous ones with the same issue they are also 24.000 instead of 23.976. this has been annoying me for a while now and stopped four or five syncs I've wanted to get out. thanks so much for the help and link, should get me back up and running. Smile
(Sep 12, 2018, 00:38 am)StaticClass Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 10, 2018, 06:30 am)sciphi Wrote: [ -> ]This could be a bad file, but are you sure you don't have an NTSC version of the riff and a PAL version of the video file. PAL and NTSC have slightly different frame rates and you will need to adjust the riff to convert between them. It causes the sort of drift you are reporting. It used to trip me up all the time. 

after looking at this source it has a frame rate of 24.000 while sources that work in other syncs have the expected 23.976 frame rate. going back and looking at previous ones with the same issue they are also 24.000 instead of 23.976. this has been annoying me for a while now and stopped four or five syncs I've wanted to get out. thanks so much for the help and link, should get me back up and running. Smile

No prob, happy to help
(Sep 12, 2018, 00:38 am)StaticClass Wrote: [ -> ]

Godspeed StaticClass
No Redlettermedia Robocop love? Sad
No love for my posts either ... lol
I was going to finish purchasing the whole iriff catalog but probably won't now.
Hi DP2018, have you finished Ninja Scroll, or do I begin to upload my sync ?
Wink
Did u download my speed racer?  I was told it's bad .... I will do Ninja Scroll now Smile

EDIT: Uploading Ninja Scroll now but yours will be 100% better

(Sep 14, 2018, 18:59 pm)TheDarkPrince2018 Wrote: [ -> ]Did u download my speed racer?  I was told it's bad .... I will do Ninja Scroll now Smile

EDIT:  Uploading Ninja Scroll now but yours will be 100% better

Aggro Pulse - Ninja Scroll
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46