SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: Welcome, if you're joining us from KAT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Just finished moving house. 5 Days without internet. Come back online to find out that KAT is gone!!?? So here I am back at good old TPB again. Not that I ever really left, but still. Got used to the KAT community and felt at home. So thank you Pirate Bay community for welcoming us (like we did when the Pirate Bay was in trouble...).
KAT refugee here, but of course I also used The Pirate Bay, in fact this was the very first site I torrented on back in 2004 if I can remember back 15 years or so.   My username back then was tower redacted info to protect privacy/ mod and I actually got a green (trusted uploader) crown back then... woopeee Smile

If you go to torrent freak the outlook for KAT coming back is not good, but as well as here there are loads of private tracker sites, where of course you often need an invite and you have to seed to keep your ratio up.

I used to upload loads of 70's and 80's Music Video's but they are all out there now, so now I just upload my entire Karaoke collection once every year starting here in a month or so's time.   Not all the private sites are friendly and in fact I have just abandoned a site called AlphaRatio after the mods gave me no help at all over the meaning of torrent name.   Err to me the torrent name is the .torrent file made in your bit torrent client before you upload it.   On that site you have to name each torrent again in a little box called (wrongly) Torrent Name.   It should of course be called torrent description or you have two torrent names,  the real one you posted and the text entry box they think is the real one.   Confused...?  Yes and so was I.

However sites like that are in the minority and it just took seconds for me to find a new private torrent home where they are very nice to me indeed.   So welcome fellow KAT users.   I hope your torrenting skills improve here, for on KAT I found your average download speeds from myself when I seeded pretty POOR.   I was offering 13.8 to 14 megabits per second, most peers on KAT were in the Kilobits range not megabits sigh.. and that was single peers with no one else downloading from me.

Rigmar Radio - Seeding to the World since 2004
Come back after a long time leaving here. I meet most of my friends KAT on this page. Some of them are Acer47x, Mantesh...

Now I miss them all and don't know how to connect to them.

Life goes on, pray for Artem Sad

Nice to meet you all.
(Jul 22, 2016, 02:11 am)texile911 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 21, 2016, 12:38 pm)SteRipper Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys.
I was quite active on KAT as a downloader, and came to know a ton of users there, so I guess you can technically say I'm a refugee.
Either way, I'm going to miss KAT, and I hope it can make a comeback.

If anyone from KAT is reading this message: It's different here on TPB, but it's a great place to be. Smile

I was quite active on KAT as a downloader Sad

I was quite active on KAT as an uploader and downloader. Its loss doesn't mean file sharing ceased to exist. I'm putting my content up here--which I should have done all this time--and I'm going to continue doing so once KAT returns. In the meantime, TPB has a pretty damn good selection of stuff, and they've been pretty welcoming. My advice, for what little it's worth, is to download and upload, here. Give something back. You lose nothing by doing so, and everybody gains.
(Jul 20, 2016, 21:44 pm)politux Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen any responses from kat refugees yet so we'll wait and see who was right.

You'll know, cause you'll hear/see it coming...
If the TPB forum turns into a fuckin KAT-cloned meme posting toilet - Im out of here. I feel a few vibes of it beginning already...hope the Mods are not prone to falling for flattery and getting a shiny, bleached out asshole from brown nosing or we are all lost. Tongue
(Jul 23, 2016, 02:24 am)Sid Wrote: [ -> ]Received from a trusted source:

Quote:KAT has not officially returned and we're not sure if it will. We were noticing that in general it's the thread community that our users are missing. So us KAT Crew have revived a thread only site, with many of the old threads duplicated. All starting from scratch of course...

https://katcr.co/community/ .. Make sure to use your former name from KAT... accounts will be approved by admins .. if anyone gets caught trying to "jump over the fence" there is no appeal system guys ... also make sure to register with a dummy email, we don't want your data .... be safe .... Love and peace

It has been reported that it is best to wait for a while before trying to log in, you do not always get an email confirmation.

I hope you guys will carry on posting here as well but, if not, perhaps you could tell your less adventuresome friends back at your [new] home that we're not all rapists and murderers.

Thank you Sid, much appreciated.
I moved over to KAT after years of using TPB. I mainly downloaded comics on KAT and rarely took place in the community. KAT has a new domain, but if you want to download a torrent you have to sign up for some scammy website that requires a credit card that they claim won't charge you. I don't trust that for shit. Now here I am trying to catch up on my comic collection, but it looks like comics don't get updated very much over here. It's alright. Its only been a few days so its going to take time for people to migrate.
For several years I've relied solely on kat for torrenting [and on eztv as a sort of http typed rss of what's available from tv.] 
Their 'theme' was easiest on the eyes, I could tell people 'I'm not stealing, if it's copyworried, they take it down!'. And I wasn't to perturbed that 9/10 comments were simply thanks you's posted only to gain 'badges'...

One thing I miss most is ability to sort by files [number of files within a torrent].

Second thing is that it is not as easy to switch sort order here [have to scroll down, click preferences, etc]

If I'm wrong about the above two items, please feel free to correct me inline in this forum, because it seems to me [an average kat-atonic leacher] to be that way...

thank you all for your service, and free artem!
tom
=-==
ummmm, looks like I solved my 'Second thing', I clicked view;single and the layout became easier to sort...
still wondering if there is a way to add 'number of files' to the list of sortable columns...
(Jul 23, 2016, 17:05 pm)Vebent Wrote: [ -> ]KAT has a new domain

No, I want to be totally clear about this, KAT does not have a new domain.

Scammers have created a number of domains for sites which look like KAT, but none of them are genuine.  Anyone claiming otherwise, and suggesting that anyone else head off somewhere, is either a gullible fool or someone trying to fool you.

The only KAT related domain that has any legitimacy at this point is https://katcr.co But it isn't KAT (and doesn't claim to be), it is simply a new forum, set up by genuine KAT staff, for KAT members to use while they're waiting for KAT to hopefully return.

We (and TorrentFreak, and katcr.co) will advise you if anything changes. If you don't hear it directly from one of us, don't believe it.

(Jul 23, 2016, 21:02 pm)freeartem Wrote: [ -> ]Second thing is that it is not as easy to switch sort order here [have to scroll down, click preferences, etc]

Click on a column heading to sort by that column. Click again to toggle the sort direction.
(Jul 23, 2016, 21:33 pm)Sid Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 23, 2016, 17:05 pm)Vebent Wrote: [ -> ]KAT has a new domain

No, I want to be totally clear about this, KAT does not have a new domain.

Scammers have created a number of domains for sites which look like KAT, but none of them are genuine.  Anyone claiming otherwise, and suggesting that anyone else head off somewhere, is either a gullible fool or someone trying to fool you.

The only KAT related domain that has any legitimacy at this point is https://katcr.co But it isn't KAT (and doesn't claim to be), it is simply a new forum, set up by genuine KAT staff, for KAT members to use while they're waiting for KAT to hopefully return.

We (and TorrentFreak, and katcr.co) will advise you if anything changes. If you don't hear it directly from one of us, don't believe it.

(Jul 23, 2016, 21:02 pm)freeartem Wrote: [ -> ]Second thing is that it is not as easy to switch sort order here [have to scroll down, click preferences, etc]

Click on a column heading to sort by that column. Click again to toggle the sort direction.

Yeah sorry about that. I'm not any sort of expert in torrent sites so from the looks of it it did seem to look legit. Once I tried logging in that's when I knew something was up. Thanks for the info anyway. Anyone that does end up coming from KAT will most likely see this and steer clear until they do hear from you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12