SuprBay: The PirateBay Forum

Full Version: TPB comments & new accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Ok, well thats a clear answer. Thanks
Clear, yes. Disappointing, also yes...

Comments are crucial. Hopefully Winston comes around to fixing it, otherwise the bay might not regain what it lost
(Oct 29, 2023, 01:23 am)fromthesea Wrote: [ -> ]Clear, yes. Disappointing, also yes...

Comments are crucial. Hopefully Winston comes around to fixing it, otherwise the bay might not regain what it lost

Well, you've got the problem of Trolling and it's not nice.  Bring the comments back and you can be assured that many people who abuse it like they have before.  Some people don't have the time and effort to regulate all the trolling that goes on at Pirate Sites like TPB and there's people out there who will do this over and over so they can get some kind of reaction.  I say the comments are better gone, it's for the best, bring them back and it's like opening a can of worms you're inviting in massive troublemakers to just abuse whoever they feel like abusing...
The best things I remember about the comments are the people who would supply a IMDb link when the uploader neglected to provide it, or a link to a subtitle site when those were left out (which used to happen with annoying regularity;  I don't see that as often nowadays).  Trolling certainly also happened;  a lot of it was the usual sixth grade crap, although some of it could be quite specific.  Sometimes trolls would make false allegations re the file (often that it had a specific kind of malware embedded in it), or false allegations concerning the uploader.  While that was certainly annoying for the uploaders, I also recall other commenters calling out the trolls on their BS.  Overall, I don't remember it being a huge problem, but as Rodney says it didn't get policed.  TPB soon got so big that it wasn't practical to do that.
(Oct 29, 2023, 03:16 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: [ -> ]
(Oct 29, 2023, 01:23 am)fromthesea Wrote: [ -> ]Clear, yes. Disappointing, also yes...

Well, you've got the problem of Trolling and it's not nice.  Bring the comments back and you can be assured that many people who abuse it like they have before.  Some people don't have the time and effort to regulate all the trolling that goes on at Pirate Sites like TPB and there's people out there who will do this over and over so they can get some kind of reaction.  I say the comments are better gone, it's for the best, bring them back and it's like opening a can of worms you're inviting in massive troublemakers to just abuse whoever they feel like abusing...

It could be beneficial to activate the comments section on the TPB site, allowing for valuable user feedback. This feature could be selectively enabled for users who have demonstrated a commitment to quality by uploading a substantial number of torrents. Alternatively, it could be enabled to users with special permissions. The implementation details may vary, but enabling this functionality would enhance the user experience and foster a more interactive and informative platform.
Still can't register or leave comments on TPB?
Thanks!
Hello. I have a new account, but I don't log in with it. Please help me. Thx
(Dec 23, 2023, 05:37 am)Ark777 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I have a new account, but I don't log in with it. Please help me. Thx

Create thread using your username in account issues forum.
Hello to Everyone.. i have the same problem.. Today i made  an account here but I cannot make a TPB account. What have i to do?
Follow the instructions in the first post: https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-New-TPB...-available
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10