whys it getting harder?
Would just be interested to know why its harder to pirate nowadays?
Even tpb, past few times I checked, a helluva lot less torrents active etc.
Thanks.
What are you looking for exactly?
There are a number of reasons why it may seem harder to pirate content nowadays:

Increased efforts by content creators and distributors to crack down on piracy: Many companies and organizations have dedicated resources to finding and taking down pirated content, making it harder for users to access pirated material.

Improved content distribution platforms: Legal streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Spotify have made it easier for people to access a wide variety of content without resorting to piracy. These services often offer a convenient and affordable alternative to pirating content.

Improved digital rights management (DRM) technologies: DRM technologies are used to protect digital content from unauthorized access and distribution. These technologies make it more difficult to pirate content, as they can prevent users from copying and sharing protected material.

Increased use of anti-piracy measures: Many websites and apps now use anti-piracy measures to prevent users from accessing or sharing pirated content. These measures can include blocking certain IP addresses or making it more difficult to download content.

It's worth noting that while it may seem harder to pirate content, it is still possible to do so. However, it is important to remember that piracy is illegal and can have serious consequences, including fines and imprisonment.
(Dec 21, 2022, 10:21 am)moriischristian Wrote: It's worth noting that while it may seem harder to pirate content, it is still possible to do so. However, it is important to remember that piracy is illegal and can have serious consequences, including fines and imprisonment.

This may be true for some parts of the world, but in actual reality there are parts of the world where piracy isn't illegal and there's nothing wrong with it. While these certain countries, that you speak of, stand against all this kind of activity it's a fair point to say that not all places feel the same and they don't share those same laws and procedures. Depends entirely where you are and where you live before you can actually govern any of these kind of statements.
Unlike the OP, I haven't found file sharing to be any harder in recent years.  I suppose it is possible in some parts of the world it has gotten that way owing to local laws and enforcement priorities (as suggested above).
7307Takei, just want you to know, we're here to help as well.

Whatever you need, dial it at the requests forum.
(Dec 22, 2022, 05:00 am)RobertX Wrote: 7307Takei, just want you to know, we're here to help as well.

Whatever you need, dial it at the requests forum.

Cheers man, there's nothing I super need atm, was kind of procrastinating so not so bad that I got delayed that way tbh. Ill remember the requests forum for the future, ta.

(Dec 21, 2022, 11:06 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Dec 21, 2022, 10:21 am)moriischristian Wrote: It's worth noting that while it may seem harder to pirate content, it is still possible to do so. However, it is important to remember that piracy is illegal and can have serious consequences, including fines and imprisonment.

This may be true for some parts of the world, but in actual reality there are parts of the world where piracy isn't illegal and there's nothing wrong with it.  While these certain countries, that you speak of, stand against all this kind of activity it's a fair point to say that not all places feel the same and they don't share those same laws and procedures.  Depends entirely where you are and where you live before you can actually govern any of these kind of statements.

But there have been many times this year where I was searching on tpb, which on tor is available in the same way to everyone regardless of country. I got a lot less hits than 5+ years ago when I constantly used torrents. Also seems to be 10% at most of the number of torrents active. Old stuff especially is a lot rarer , reuploaded less and not seeded for as long anymore if not taken down.
It's as easy to pirate as ever. There's other torrent trackers besides TPB that have more frequent releases. Depending on if you want movies or music, there's usually trackers that focus specifically on a certain category.

I'm hesitant to share links to competing torrent sites here as I'm not sure about the rules of this forum, if it's allowed or not.

Spud17 edited Jan 01, 2023 07:09 am this post because:

Many uploaders share their torrents on multiple public torrent sites, so it's perfectly fine to post some links to other sites here.

Fant0men, these days, torrenting requires extra sums for VPNs.

Of course, I'm currently not compromised onto sharing my weakness, so I guess I'm lucky.
(Dec 30, 2022, 14:33 pm)RobertX Wrote: Fant0men, these days, torrenting requires extra sums for VPNs.

That depends on what you're torrenting and how much, and maybe also your ISP.  In over 15 years I've never used one and it hasn't been a problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Still getting an error about the filesize of one torrent v010dya 0 858 Feb 01, 2024, 04:02 am
Last Post: v010dya
  Seems like I'm getting banned everywhere. Ladyanne3 4 9,347 Jul 12, 2022, 08:07 am
Last Post: Bohet
  What to do with torrents that aren't getting to the 1.0 share ratio Hard2ComeBy 3 9,412 Jan 10, 2022, 14:50 pm
Last Post: Hard2ComeBy
  How to request getting a post pinned as an Important Threads in a subforum community? bsg4you 1 11,976 Sep 24, 2021, 21:45 pm
Last Post: stormium
  list of free movies you can download without getting trouble underdeath21 8 17,093 Jun 03, 2019, 21:11 pm
Last Post: Headbanger