top100 48 is just "last100 48"
This used to work fine until a couple of months ago (maybe ish).

I used it for years to pick the most popular torrents of shows... for many years.
Now its just full of lately uploaded series. Everything has a seeders of 0.

Ive read that TPB isnt tracking seeders in realtime.... top100 48 TVShows has been my goto place to get the most popular tv show torrents for... years....

now its... totally useless in terms of picking popular torrents.

What am I missing?
I wouldn't worry about it.  The whole seeding stats issue has infact been going on for years now.  With my stuff it's never worked and it always looks like there's hardly anybody downloading but the truth is I've uploaded an absolute stack of torrents.  I mean seriously the amount of people I've had now downloading has been totally ridiculous.  The stats just don't work for me, period and I have no idea why and it's something that's Winston related.  Even though I've had seeds for years it's all still there as normal seeding away but like just recently it looks even worse now and just shows mostly 0 for everything...

As the saying goes, don't always judge a book by it's cover.  The truth is that if no seeds show, well then don't believe it.  The only way to know if something is showing correctly is to actually download it for real and then see by looking in your client instead and even then it gives different results and different stats depending on which client you're using and how many tracker announces have been added to the torrent...

The whole "top 48" or whatever you want to call it is infact just a lie.  There's really no top 100 anything as seeding stats can be hacked on purpose to make them look extremely popular.  There are people who hack their seeds to try and make themselves look bigger than what they are.  Usually small and annoying downloads are the ones that look like they're being seeded but infact the quality usually sucks and the said people who are uploading them aren't prepared to go about doing mass seeding (like me for example) instead they choose to seed very small torrents which are easy to get up and uploaded to TPB.  Small seeds are a waste of time.  It's 2022 now and people are still uploading things about 2-3GB which is more or less a joke in the real world.  We have now broadband that can handle much more and like HDD's that can contain lots of TB's so why are people in 2022 still even seeding crappy 2-3GB torrents?  If you ask me a complete waste of everybody's time which is usually in the "top 100" or whatever.

Never take anything at face value there's more than meets the eye.  Check the promotion thread instead it's a lot better and more detailed about what you're downloading...
Im not analysing the scenario from the perspective of the column of seeders, Im saying that the behaviour has absolutely fundamentally changed in the last couple weeks or so.

I have been using the top100 48 to download the most popular TV shows for years. Its how I decide what shows to watch. Shows such as "The Old Man", "Star Trek", "Picard", "WestWorld", "john Oliver", "Station 19", "Below Decks", "HouseWives of ...", "Jimmy Fallon", "Shark Tank", etc have been 90% of the shows that have showed for well over 2 years. I can literally remember a large proportion of the shows, because there arent that many shows that are truly popular.

Something has happened which means that "48h" is now totally unranked, where as a month ago it was actually indicative of the popularity of a show. The seeders count used to be useful within 48h, now it is not.

I have no idea what shows are there now, and Shows like WestWorld, which would instantly be at the top of the list when a new episode comes out, arent even there any more...
Well fair enough, I understand what you're saying.  Like I said it's Winston related.  If something looks popular due to how many seeds it has then if that function isn't working anymore then it's totally Winston related.  That's the guy that codes TPB and looks after what happens to the site.  Only Winston can do anything about it and non of the staff here at SuprBay can do anything about it it's Winston who does all the coding and nobody else has any access...

The point I'm making is that seeding stats mean a lot and if something looks like it's seeding with lots of seeds it gives the appearance that this is what people want to share.  That might be okay for small and easy to download torrents but for people like myself who puts out masses of seeding it's a different situation in that respect and doesn't always work out that way.  I'm just saying that seeding stats aren't always what they seem to be cracked up to be.  Yes you're right it's giving you what may appear to be a popular choice that people want so that's okay.  If there's a number there then it might make people want to download the thing, if there's no number there and it just shows 0 instead then it might make people get put off from downloading it.  I'm not going against what you said I'm just saying that numbers mean a lot these days and if the numbers don't seem right then it doesn't look that great.  Only Winston can do anything about it but he isn't here and doesn't come to this forum.  He might be around now and again when things don't work like about 2-3 weeks ago there was problems with the site and it got fixed but the actual coding that determines whether there is actually real time seeding coming from the site and whether it's going to work correctly isn't going to get fixed, if anything for some period of time it might even get worse.  Just think of it that it's lucky we have actual access to a pirate site, whether there's a number there or not it's actually working so just download from somebody (an uploader) you like and if you like their content then stick with it as that's what people usually do.  If you want to know the best shows out there then look on other websites that tell you what's hot at the time.
Yeah, thats totally fine with me. Im not complaining really.

Im pointing out that up until 2 weeks ago the only page i looked at on TPB was TV-Shows TOP100:48, and lol, now I have to go back to remembering what series Im watching, and scanning the internet to find out what to watch...

Its interesting to hear that there is a person "Winston", and I thank him super much.

Is there any way to point out to Winston that something has fundamentally changed? Its quite possible they havent noticed.

In terms of putting out lots of content... Thank you very much, and thanks for your answers. Smile
Nice to mee you Smile

have a great day

And actually to be a bit more technical, what happened in the past, was that it was possible to rank *any search* by seeders, by clicking on the seeders column header.

That was removed (which I assume was because it was very expensive to make the sql call... like.. "make a search, then sort by seeders" is how I used to us TPB.

So the button to sort by seeders was removed, but the 48h thing was put in in its place, This was updated like every 12 or 24 hours, and the result cached.

This was very good design in terms of usability with minimal database overhead, imo..., so... it having disspeared seems directly against a very deliberate (and good) piece of design
@jaydayzee

+1. I agree with you.
(Aug 04, 2022, 08:04 am)jaydayzee Wrote: Is there any way to point out to Winston that something has fundamentally changed? Its quite possible they havent noticed.

Well that's what you've already done, you posted this thread here. Never know, with a bit of luck Winston might actually come and read this thread, if he's hanging around. I have no idea who Winston is and what he looks like but I'm sure he's an okay guy and if he feels like it's necessary he might have a look at some point to see if there's anything worth looking at.

Being in charge of TPB is quite a responsibility, I'm sure the only way to understand how that works is to actually do that yourself to know what's involved. I'm not sure if this is true but I heard some time ago that Winston he is partial to the occasional glass of Rum and Coke at the weekend. I'm sure he may enjoy a glass on a Saturday night while he surfs the web, that is as long as he's not too busy with his other work. I'm sure Winston has plenty to be getting on with normally.
Site went down for a couple days, and now the 48 hrs is totally broken again. All entries have 0 seeders, and so the list is useless.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maybe a typo in the top100 page. ublrglbm 2 11,309 Oct 12, 2020, 04:04 am
Last Post: Spud17
  upload greeted by Error, no code just error horrorhound 3 18,246 Jul 22, 2016, 20:49 pm
Last Post: imPROvise
  Top100 doesn't seem to work, last few days hypno-potamous 9 18,948 Sep 30, 2015, 08:28 am
Last Post:
  it just won't upload punsher2011 6 15,980 Apr 26, 2015, 07:14 am
Last Post: