*tap - *tap "Is this thing on?" (Greetings!)
Nothing really special about this post other than trying to show this community some support first and foremost. 

I've been lurking this sub-forum since KAT was taken down and like many others sharing the same pair of shoes that I was in, KAT was my only source of DAZ content. Thanks to this community I now have somewhere else that I can find new content for DAZ Studio!

I also use Renderosity from time to time, not so much as for the "Free Marketplace" they host (most of it is out dated or bad to look at in general. though there have been some great authors that were willing to release a thing or two for free from time to time). I've actually spent money on some of the models and add-ons from there (*gasp!). 

The above statement can also be said for Renderotica and also the DazStudios Marketplace itself.

So with that being said I hope to start giving back to the DAZ community by doing the very same thing it did for me and still does for me. Once I get all my models and add-ons in order, basically everything that I downloaded from KAT prior to the shutdown. 

I'll do my best to avoid sharing anything that I've downloaded from any of the forum topics here, to avoid clutter more than anything. If I happen to see anybody asking for something that I happen to have, but haven't shared it already myself, I'll do my best to see if they still need it or blah bleh bloop, ya know? 

So yea, guess I should've done this 2 months ago, seeing as how I've had to re-register on the forums here twice already due to me previously just lurking around here haha! 

OH and I don't know if anybody knows about GFXStuff.ru but I've had some really good luck finding good content there too! From what I've seen it's mostly all current "trending/new" content, well until the last page or two per section of content they host at least. 

^ site is in Russian but there is an option on the right side column to change the displayed language which I thought was awesome lol! I usually have the google translate extension convert all the foreign sites I visit for either DaZ content or Skyrim mods lol! 

Speaking from experience with the site itself, most downloads, I'd say 80% of them will link to a site called "Yandex Disc" it's basically an RU equivalent to Google drive or dropbox. I always look for these links first because honestly it's been faster download speeds, if not instant compared to the Turbobit / Rockfile links that tend to pop up on a lot of shares there. Another good link to look out for there would also be "cloud.mail.ru" which is always displayed by a simple "Download" hyperlink in gray font color just below the file picture.

No, I'm not a spokesperson for them. No, I'm not secretly a Russian hacker lol! I'm from Texas and I just wanted to show some gratitude and perhaps help somebody else out at the same time.
If you've been reading this forum you'll be aware of the growing popularity of zonegfx.com The points system is a little goofy but it encourages folks to share their own content. It seems to be working as the membership and uploads increase daily. I know about GFXstuff but am put off by their blatant begging. I'd dearly love to get into Foxter.ru It's been the grand-daddy of Pser/Studio content for years but I have yet to discover the secret handshake to become a member. They don't respond to emails and i'm assuming that one has to be invited in.
Welcome to the site. Fill free to share files anywhere you like but like beenthere-donethat said most people have moved other to zonegfx.com. I keep coming back here because the forums on zonegfx.com are not that good IMO.
Hey beenthere-donethat,

that foxter.ru I just went there and joined with out too many problems the secret question has to be answered in russian mine was number
eight = восемь

After i figured that out was easy.
Sorry I guess I must've missed any mention of gfxstuff.ru though I'm not sure about what you mean by "begging"? I honestly haven't had any emails or spam from them whatsoever, other than the initial email I got to authenticate my email. I haven't heard about Foxter.ru but I'm definitely going to check it out. CGPersia is another site I'd love to check out but I just missed their signup day. I think they only allow new users to register on the 1st and 15th of the month, so here's to waiting until February lol!
(Jan 24, 2017, 21:58 pm)321gfxisme0 Wrote: Hey beenthere-donethat,

that foxter.ru I just went there and joined with out too many problems the secret question has to be answered in russian mine was number
eight = восемь

!!!???
  Double darn you!  I also tried that but had my answer refused every single time.  I work with a gentleman from the Ukraine who is
fluent in Russian and sent him a link to the site with a request to join up for me.  He also had no luck.  Perhaps you hit it when they
happened to be open to new members?   I'll give 'er another go.  I'd love to be able to get their new releases (if any) and spread them around .

(Jan 25, 2017, 04:02 am)sparowe Wrote: Sorry I guess I must've missed any mention of gfxstuff.ru though I'm not sure about what you mean by "begging"? I honestly haven't had any emails or spam from them whatsoever, other than the initial email I got to authenticate my email. I  haven't heard about Foxter.ru but I'm definitely going to check it out. CGPersia is another site I'd love to check out but I just missed their signup day. I think they only allow new users to register on the 1st and 15th of the month, so here's to waiting until February lol!

CGPersia is pretty good but you'll have to tread carefully.  If you make a request and have never shared anything yourself (they prefer Mega) you'll be ignored and/or called a leech.  They're pretty harsh with people who don't contribute.  Take part in the conversations and always hit the 'thanks' button when you download something.   I don't see much that isn't available on other sites, however, I realize that new items get spread around at the speed of light and they may very well be the place that gets many items first.

(Jan 24, 2017, 21:58 pm)321gfxisme0 Wrote: Hey beenthere-donethat,

eight = восемь

I tried signing up again, and thanks to a lot of bouncing back and forth with Google translate, I got in with no problems.  Maybe I initially tried them on a bad day?  The forum looks pretty lively and I'm going to snoop around for the (in)famous warez.  If they don't have an English thread, I'm going to request one.
Thanks for the 'push'.
Hey no problem your welcome.

I'm on CGpersia and yes we do at times point out that the person requesting has no posts and hasn't thanked or been thanked.
We have a lot of good things posted and a request is answered really fast most times. We are just trying to get more people to
post and share is all.

We use Mega because you get 50 gigs of storage free and can have multiple accounts there. So far I get really fast downloads
and never had a problem at all.
just discovered this site Smile

great to see an active Daz portal.

Wink
(Mar 14, 2017, 14:20 pm)mrnarna Wrote: just discovered this site Smile

great to see an active Daz portal.

Wink

There's pretty much no one here anymore.  In fact, torrenting of Daz/Poser stuff has died.  All original content starts out on https://zonegfx.com/blog/
and drifts to other sharing sites soon after.  The 'Zone' has become the warm and cozy place we built at KAT.  The new KAT forums are run by pompous assholes
who ban folks for mentioning any other site.  As you can imagine, there's not a soul there because of this.
Pop on over and tell them that 'Ethiopia' sent you.  We have cookies.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings & a ? about uploading Maerwyth 5 20,956 Jan 24, 2017, 12:04 pm
Last Post: ravenpost