Greetings & a ? about uploading
Greetings and Salutations My Fellow Pirates~

I am new here, though not new to the scene. I've been around since the days floppy disks and 1200baud speed. Yes, that long. Anyway, I've always reseeded as I can, but I've never created or uploaded my own torrent. Here's the question:

I have a buttload of IM files but I've only saved the ones for Daz, and I don't know if they're any good to reupload as we rebuild from the rubble of KickAss. My storage space is very limited, so I've always dumped image and readme files associated with my downloads, and PS versions when a DS also exists, when I needed to clear space for new stuff. I have a buttload of the old .exe files too, though I'm on a mac so I have to open them on my dinosaur of a pc and it seems most are already back up.

I'm willing to extract the .exe and upload as the content/manifest/supplement files bits at a time (as well as the originals, of course), but I don't know how to combine them into an IM .zip. I have all these IM .zip files but they are stripped from the original download torrent. Are they any good to the community? I'm not even sure how to get them up to be shared, to be honest. I'm an ancient Pirate these days and have fallen behind the technology curve.

Anyway, here's hoping we'll be DAZzling like before KickAss fell!
Greetings from another old pirate. I started on usenet...which I guess really dates me.
You might want to check out zonegfx.com. After KAT was taken down we all stumbled around for a while and many took refuge in one or more of the file sharing sites that had always been on the fringes of Studio/Poser content sharing. At some point zonegfx became quite popular and has become (probably) the most prolific sharing venue. The point system rewards uploaders and it looks like most of the old guard is there. A few people post items here but it's not like the old days. The general consensus among those of us that care about this sort of thing is that this is a positive thing. These file sharing sites are small targets and are mostly ignored. Using several different sites/torrents to share items also gives us some redundancy in case one site gets whacked again.
(Jan 21, 2017, 07:13 am)beenthere-donethat Wrote: Greetings from another old pirate.  I started on usenet...which I guess really dates me.

No worries, you're not alone.
Hah, I just tried to sign up. "ERROR: Banned by WangGuard" yay!

Sounds like one of Phongs friends has made a "security" company...

Too bad there's not much content on usenet anymore though. Uploading nowadays is too much of a hassle (usenet)

Oh and as far as self packaging, you could try http://cdds-and-tools.forumotion.com, Haven't used it but you might be able to.

Or, whenever I did the exes most of them you could just extract to a stand alone folder and make it into a zip. As long as it was new enough DS could usually figure it out. (Source: mass extractions for all my old bitrock installers went like this)
I don't believe that Phoung pays much attention to her sites anymore. I've been badmouthing her/him/it for months now in the forums and directing people to zonegfx.
Atara, nice to see you here, I remember your Kat contributions.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to hide my IP when uploading torrents? ISelf 11 46,811 Aug 16, 2017, 14:21 pm
Last Post: RipSHA1
  *tap - *tap "Is this thing on?" (Greetings!) sparowe 8 25,922 Mar 15, 2017, 08:30 am
Last Post: beenthere-donethat