[split] Difference between x265 AAc and the 2CH audio
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread but when downloading a movie from a torrent, what is the difference between x265 AAc and the 2CH audio quality? Which one is better?
That's like asking if there is a difference in quality between milk in a bottle and orange juice.

AAC is an audio codec that can be used for one or more channels of audio of unknown quality.

2CH just means there are two channels (usually stereo) of unknown quality.

Personally, I prefer quality orange juice over milk in a bottle, but that is subjective.
I downloaded two videos of star wars episode 7. The first one is called "Star.Wars.Episode.VII.The.Force.Awakens.2015.1080p.BluRay.x264.DTS-JYK" and the second one is called "Star.Wars.Episode.VII.The.Force.Awakens.2015.BRRip.XViD.AC3-ETRG".

Are they both from blu ray source? Because when I played them, the second one has a better quality compared to the first one.
If the tags are to be believed, then yes, they both use blu-ray as an original source. But simply having blu-ray as the source doesn't guarantee high quality. How it is (re)processed from there determines that.
I actually thought that AAC is far superior in terms of quality compared with 2 CH? I am not sure why but I just thought that the meaning of 2 channels is not stereo whereas AAC might be stereo?
(Feb 25, 2017, 07:41 am)piano0011 Wrote: I actually thought that AAC is far superior in terms of quality compared with 2 CH?

You thought wrong.

It is neither superior nor inferior.

Neither AAC nor 2 CH have anything to do with quality.

(Feb 25, 2017, 07:41 am)piano0011 Wrote: I am not sure why but I just thought that the meaning of 2 channels is not stereo whereas AAC might be stereo?

You thought wrong.

2 channels may or may not be stereo.

AAC may or may not be stereo.
(Feb 23, 2017, 15:44 pm)Moe Wrote: That's like asking if there is a difference in quality between milk in a bottle and orange juice.

AAC is an audio codec that can be used for one or more channels of audio of unknown quality.

2CH just means there are two channels (usually stereo) of unknown quality.

Personally, I prefer quality orange juice over milk in a bottle, but that is subjective.

This.

But I like milk better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between Russian and Ukrainian languages RobertX 11 6,679 Aug 03, 2023, 15:41 pm
Last Post: rezwaki
  DOS games with CD audio Fant0men 4 8,542 Mar 09, 2023, 17:38 pm
Last Post: Fant0men
  Audio problem alienvirus 3 8,548 Jul 28, 2022, 06:39 am
Last Post: am a giant
  Movie Audio Volume normalise jagman 3 11,412 Mar 21, 2021, 16:17 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  converting video to audio 16bitrate need help i have slow internet smallstuff 1 13,761 Jul 03, 2019, 16:22 pm
Last Post: smallstuff