Difference between Russian and Ukrainian languages
Thank you, rezwaki, that was insightful.

I know were talking about two popular countries, but do you know if either language could be on the decline? Do you see that happening?

See, with my mother tongue, Cantonese, people has always been saying that Cantonese was on the decline despite the fact that it's everywhere in the world amongst the Chinese diaspora.

Have you ever of anything like that with the Russian and Ukrainian? I know, a far-fetched question, but things can be erased just was much as it is created.

Of course, I don't want that from ever happening to either Russia or Ukraine. In Cantonese-originated Shenzhen of mainland China, no one bothers to learn Cantonese any more; news was broadcasted in Mandarin and are most other programmes. I have no umbrage against Mandarin, but don't chase the Cantonese speakers away.

Well, you do have to consider that life is never static and that languages are always changing. Maybe some will have to be absorbed into larger ones. That's the law of the jungle or the law of evolution: adapt or perish.

Well, it does look like I have no more questions. If you respond to this, we'll be on our way and thank you everyone who participated, especially you, rezwaki. Good job on the answers and see you around.
I don't think either language will be gone anytime soon

For Russian: no matter what happens to Russia it won't be gone - a lot of immigrants use their native language Russian everywhere, even in the US there are whole blocks of Russian speaking people living there with Russian being used everywhere in them

For Ukrainian: I don't see that happening either because Ukrainian will now be very and very popularized (it already is) as opposed to Russian since Ukrainians see Russia's state + language as the worst thing that ever happened to them,. Even those who have been living in the Russian-speaking regions of Ukraine are now using Ukrainian because of what's going on

If you have anything else of course feel free to ask I'll gladly answer if I can and have the knowledge/thought

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What languages do you speak RobertX 14 1,626 Mar 06, 2024, 03:30 am
Last Post: RobertX
  'A Containment Policy': Russian Dean Justifies Chemical-Weapons CheGuevera 1 11,295 Feb 24, 2021, 00:14 am
Last Post: waregim
  Ukraine Bans Russian Media...(or close enough) CheGuevera 0 10,124 Feb 07, 2021, 16:35 pm
Last Post: CheGuevera
  NEWS Naked Ukrainian Man & His Severed Head CheGuevera 1 11,005 Feb 07, 2021, 06:29 am
Last Post: dueda
  Learning New Languages RobertX 4 10,022 Jul 20, 2020, 22:13 pm
Last Post: RobertX