man shamed for dancing; world assumes he was shamed for being fat
Huffington Post Wrote:This is a great Internet story: When an unnamed man was shamed for dancing in public, a tribe of body-positive women launched a Twitter search to throw him the ultimate dance party in California.

They found him -- and he said yes.

It all started when an anonymous person posted a surreptitious shot at the man, with photos attached, on the message board 4Chan.

"Spotted this specimen trying to dance the other week," the poster wrote. "He stopped when he saw us laughing."

[Image: o-DANCING-MAN-570.jpg]

A screenshot of the post, labeled "Why I Hate Children," was uploaded to Imgur by the user FrozenBadger. "I find this behavior f****ing despicable," FrozenBadger wrote. "If you're out there big man, f**k those kids. Keep dancing."

Most Imgur commenters shared FrozenBadger's sentiments, sending messages of support to the anonymous dancing man like "Don't ever let them dull your sparkle big boy!" and "I wish we could find him and tell him he's awesome."

One writer decided to do just that. Cassandra Fairbanks, who goes by the name Cassandra Rules, launched a Twitter campaign to #FindDancingMan.

“I decided to tweet it and our offer in the hopes if he did see it, he would see something positive instead of a bunch of people upset,” she told Buzzfeed.

Anyone know this man or who posted this? There's a huge group of ladies in LA who would like to do something special pic.twitter.com/DGbu3AXOrB
— Cassandra (@CassandraRules) March 5, 2015
She issued an invitation he couldn't refuse.

To #DancingMan.. @xorachelflies @TziporahMetler @HOPELEIGHMUSIC @isthisrita @lysee_love @FeliciaaBro @stephaniefilo pic.twitter.com/xYfpnPAM08
— Cassandra (@CassandraRules) March 6, 2015
Soon enough, another Twitter user posted a photo of the Dancing Man posing with a dinosaur mascot in London, tagging the image with #findDancingMan so Fairbanks could see it. "Can you pass him our invitation?" she asked. The connection was made!

#FindDancingMan spotted in London with latest dancing partner pic.twitter.com/TmjhNZ8Rk2
— Max Taucer (@MaxTaucer) March 6, 2015
Dancing Man confirmed his identity with a photo, creating a brand new Twitter account called @Dancingmanfound to accept the dance party invitation. He wrote that he's "Not a tweeter normally!"

YAY TWITTER!!! @Dancingmanfound #FindDancingMan ❤️❤️❤️
We are going to dance!!! pic.twitter.com/G7FxuiSsIh
@CassandraRules @MaxTaucer #finddancingman
Cassandra just seen invite and would love to join you in LA for a dance off!!
— Dancing Man (@Dancingmanfound) March 6, 2015
Dancing Man, identified so far only as a Londoner named Sean, said he will be in Kiev for the next two weeks, but he plans to get down in Los Angeles shortly after. And it shouldn't cost him a dime - a GoFundMe page raised $4,629 in just two hours to pay for his trip, and donations are still coming in.

I spoke to him, he's free in a couple weeks, he's currently in Kiev, but we are planning the best party ever Smile @FelicityMorse
In the meantime, he's apparently started working out in preparation for his groove marathon with the body-positive ladies of Los Angeles.

@CassandraRules @MaxTaucer
Dancing Man in training pic.twitter.com/4jAy1TuswO
— Dancing Man (@Dancingmanfound) March 6, 2015
"Gossip Girl's" Ed Westwick tweeted his support.

Keep on dancing @Dancingmanfound !! http://t.co/HoKl3nXXvT #FindDancingMan
— Ed Westwick (@EdWestwick) March 6, 2015
Oh, and Pharrell might come too.

Hey @CassandraRules keep me posted about your dance party! @Dancingmanfound, never be ashamed of yourself. You are both truly #OTHER?
— Pharrell Williams (@Pharrell) March 6, 2015
"Thanks for the interest and the tweet," Dancing Man told Pharrell. "Today is a day I have never imagined would happen."

We can't wait for the party.

you know... so i'm just sitting here wondering... who the fuck cares? right? then... then it hits me... the only people calling this guy fat are the people defending him. the guy on the chan never mentioned his weight and in fact, only mentioned the dancing. so... fuck all of you self-conscious crusading asshats.

waste your fucking money flying this ton-o-fun around to all the dance parties and what not... laugh with him, not at him while missing the bigger story here: someone on 4chan left their parents basement long enough to take a picture of a dude in a bar who was dancing with himself.

i'm going to go one step further and call bullshit because the picture is too fucking funny to be real.

the guy looks like someone just stole the last piece of cake and maintains the pose long enough for someone to take a picture? i don't fucking dance and even if i'm drunk enough to dance, if i see someone with a camera pointed at me... i'm not going to stand there looking pathetic. i'm either going to own it or own them. dig?
Fuck society's definition of beauty. They were taught that perfect weight people with beautiful looks get everything, while anyone who is even slightly fat is degraded to trash.
(Mar 12, 2015, 05:45 am)stormium Wrote: you know... so i'm just sitting here wondering... who the fuck cares? right? then... then it hits me... the only people calling this guy fat are the people defending him. the guy on the chan never mentioned his weight and in fact, only mentioned the dancing. so... fuck all of you self-conscious crusading asshats.

waste your fucking money flying this ton-o-fun around to all the dance parties and what not... laugh with him, not at him while missing the bigger story here: someone on 4chan left their parents basement long enough to take a picture of a dude in a bar who was dancing with himself.
Reading this again...I have to say I'm guilty of this nowSad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEWS Naked Ukrainian Man & His Severed Head CheGuevera 1 10,872 Feb 07, 2021, 06:29 am
Last Post: dueda
  Downloading torrents and despite VPN being turned on, I got two notices from windstre guiri 29 37,340 Aug 07, 2020, 23:49 pm
Last Post: BigDadE
  Is dreamweaver still being used? soulcity 4 10,806 Apr 04, 2020, 16:36 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Why are my SuprBay requests being ignored? Stargate38 4 12,624 Sep 09, 2019, 01:49 am
Last Post: stormium
  Georgia man arrested in FBI sting for allegedly plotting to attack White House with r Kotter 3 13,320 Jan 18, 2019, 19:20 pm
Last Post: dueda