limitations in web software
i am not sure where to put this  so i chose general discussion however you moderators can move to the right place if needed.

i was wondering is there a limitation in older versions of web software that for every request for a document there has to be a copy of the document?

i am asking because remember the bbc dump that was on tpb a long time ago it was a dump of the bbc library or something before it closed (unfortunately i cant find it to point to since it was way before raid where it may have been lost to the raid)

in that there was a folder named video gaiden in that folder was a redundant copies of a folder and html

open the folder and you would see another folder and html file and so on.

now the more recent archive dump geocities  Geocities - The PATCHED Torrent

in that if i unpack the uppercase/geocities-E-n.7z.001 file inside the file is geocities/YAHOOIDS/E/n/EnchantedForest/Dell/2237/dino

inside the folder dino there are a bunch of html files and gif files and another folder dino inside that dino is a duplicate of everything including dino and so on 180 times.

oh by the way it was some site about dinosaurs 

i was wondering is there a limitation in older web software that could cause a file busy error or page hang if more than 1 user is accessing it so to allow popular sites to be read you have to have a copy of the page for every simultaneous access of a web page and in this case at it's peak 180 users could access that same page.

or was it a corruption of the hard drive that caused the dumper (tar or 7zip) to get caught in a loop packing the same folder over and over 180 times.

if any of you want to try downloading the archive you will need a hard drive of at least 2tb formatted case sensitive otherwise the download will fail .

while the archive is only less than 700 gig you need extra room to unpack.
No, that was never the case.

Sounds like someone just was carelessly ripping and didn't clean up when they were done.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,462 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Do not trust the user BABUPC for software WW3hasstarted 12 3,964 Dec 08, 2023, 09:14 am
Last Post: BabuPC.
  What is the best Cracking software stormtrooper1602 9 6,766 Mar 27, 2023, 16:25 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Do You Need Pirated Software? RobertX 34 71,690 Nov 27, 2021, 11:53 am
Last Post: waregim
  About how Free Software can be sold under the GPL licence RobertX 8 24,032 Jul 31, 2021, 07:10 am
Last Post: RobertX