game of thrones
anyone know whats going on with torrents for the tv series game of thrones?

last sunday's episode, s4e8, doesn't seem to have a valid upload on pb yet.

there is a series 4 torrents, for s4e7 thru s4 e10 which seem to be appear, disappear, and reappear. I did try one of these, and it claimed to be in a new updated format, requiring windows media player to find a new codec; payload included additional player software. Although not upsetting malwarebytes, it didn't work with the video file. I don't need this cr*p, so I uninstalled it. Torrent also contains a text file.

Given the popularity of the series, it seems odd that I don't see torrents from uploaders who have provided good ones in the past, or with a pink or green pirate smiley.

Seems like this series of questionable torrents is being identified and repeatedly deleted by "the good guys" and the valid uploads perhaps deleted or inhibited by "the bad guys."

I don't know enough about the posting/review process to know how this might work.

Seems like someone is trying to poison the well.

- note - looking a little further, last upload was about 25 minutes ago; a user names "krantips" who has no previous upload history uploaded five page of torrents, including many videos in addition to game of thrones.
s4e8 didn't air last Sunday due to a holiday. It airs today 6/01/14 so keep an eye out for a torrent by a green or pink skull uploader. The torrent you downloaded seems as if it was a fake. Good torrents dont get removed and fakes are removed within 24 hours. If you arent sure about a torrent its best to wait for a skull uploader or after 24 hours of the torrent being active on the site.
(Jun 01, 2014, 17:39 pm)imPROvise Wrote: s4e8 didn't air last Sunday due to a holiday. It airs today 6/01/14 so keep an eye out for a torrent by a green or pink skull uploader. The torrent you downloaded seems as if it was a fake. Good torrents dont get removed and fakes are removed within 24 hours. If you arent sure about a torrent its best to wait for a skull uploader or after 24 hours of the torrent being active on the site.

Not having aired yet seems a !good reason not to find a valid torrent.... duh!

I had no idea so much bogus material had to be weeded out. Many thanks to whoever takes on that task.
Bookmark this site for any shows you follow regularly

http://www.tv.com/shows/game-of-thrones/episodes/

It shows you actual air dates.

Any episodes you find on any torrent site in advance of the dates you see there will be fake (and will usually be deleted within hours).
Can anyone point me to an explanation as to why people upload so many fakes?

It seems like pepole now upload a fake for every popular TV show about an hour before people begin to upload the valid ones.
Profit

[Image: 0329fb32b45e6f5765dcc9b5bb6af142425e916d.jpg]

For "hacked PC" read infected PC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game of Thrones seasons 1-7 FROMNOW 20 55,744 May 21, 2019, 00:28 am
Last Post: RobertX
  Game Of Thrones Season 8 Quickeyg 1 21,594 Mar 26, 2019, 22:11 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  The official Game of Thrones Teaser is here Guys rorschach69 3 20,627 Jan 19, 2019, 14:40 pm
Last Post: LuckyGal
  Game of Thrones Thread *Spoilers* Joker__TPB 32 93,208 Aug 14, 2018, 05:34 am
Last Post: mnmalik
  Game of Thrones Season Finale Breaks Piracy Record Ernesto 0 13,994 Jun 15, 2015, 11:22 am
Last Post: Ernesto