collaborative streaming site
Hello everybody.
 I'm tired of paying to have access to streaming platforms with a small catalog, and I find that torrents are not practical to use, so I launched into a project, in fact I want to create my own free and ergonomic streaming site.
The problem is that I don't know how to add content, that's why I need your help, how can I add a lot of content?
I had planned to make this platform collaborative and to pay the uploaders but is this a good idea and if so are you interested in participating in such a project?
You can use things like Mixdrop and put your video files there and embed the player on your web-site but I'm not sure if they don't charge money for this service they just might
(Sep 28, 2023, 10:15 am)rezwaki Wrote: You can use things like Mixdrop and put your video files there and embed the player on your web-site but I'm not sure if they don't charge money for this service they just might
Thank you for your response but hosting the videos is not a problem.
The problem I have is that I don't know how to have content quickly on my platform
oh well maybe you can find some volunteers hell even I can be one but I'm not in a position to download tons of movies in order to re upload now,,,I'm away from home till the 15th MINIMUM so till then I can't do ntohing even my server/seed machine is off don't wanna keep it running while I'm away for solong

To make things clearer I have just a junky ancient laptop with me now and it has not enough space to do things like that and the internet connection is crappy and unstable where I'm at right now
(Sep 28, 2023, 14:04 pm)rezwaki Wrote: oh well maybe you can find some volunteers hell even I can be one but I'm not in a position to download tons of movies in order to re upload now,,,I'm away from home till the 15th MINIMUM so  till then I can't do ntohing even my server/seed machine is off don't wanna keep it running while I'm away for solong

To make things clearer I have just a junky ancient laptop with me now and it has not enough space to do things like that and the internet connection is crappy and unstable where I'm at right now
Thank you for your reply.
I don't know how to find so many charitable souls to participate in such a project but
I still have time because my site must open around December.
if you are interested in this project then I will contact you one week before the opening
If my site works well then I will pay people who upload in cryptocurrencies.
Hi yeah do you have Telegram perchance?
(Sep 28, 2023, 10:15 am)rezwaki Wrote: You can use things like Mixdrop and put your video files there and embed the player on your web-site but I'm not sure if they don't charge money for this service they just might

Mixdrop seems to be very good.
But are there other similar platforms?
Streamlare? also you can just post videos on ok.ru and embed the player,,,they rarely take the vids down for copyright tho note it will be publicly accesible
Why have a deadline if it's just a personal pet project?

Don't strain yourself, Random.
If you are trying to learn web development and have fun with a new project this makes sense, but if you just want one destination where you can stream lots of content these sites already exist, why not use them?  Try fmovies (fmoviesz.to). Depending on your country/isp you will need a VPN to access, but good idea either way.

You say you find that torrents are not practical to use -- how so?  I think working out the website you describe will be a lot more work than say setting up a seedbox to monitor feeds and automatically download your chosen content to movies or tv folders. With that you could, for example, use those folders to source libraries of content that are automatically scanned by a media server like Plex, and then watch from whatever device you choose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know how to create a .onion site? Ladyanne3 1 2,159 Dec 16, 2023, 08:55 am
Last Post: LZA
  Anyone know of a french site like Tubi? Ladyanne3 19 4,709 Dec 14, 2023, 11:13 am
Last Post: CaptButler
  where is the new(reborn) legitimate kickass site ? crowbarx5 5 15,003 Aug 22, 2023, 21:23 pm
Last Post: Killua
  Large Streaming network shut down WW3hasstarted 0 6,330 Nov 16, 2022, 14:58 pm
Last Post: WW3hasstarted
  Streaming latency? alienvirus 5 9,818 Sep 25, 2022, 01:39 am
Last Post: kevinsstelly