bit torrent coin/token adoption
Why haven't torrent clients adopted $BTT.X?  So far only o.g. Bit Torrent and uTorrent have, and those aren't really popular clients.

Speculating that it may be not transparent and therefor a security/privacy risk?  Or even done deliberately by organizations like Netflix, MPAA, etc?
Torrents had a "seed ratio" system for years; the idea was to allow faster downloads to who shared back (uploaded/shared) more; certain trackers and clients would block or limit the users with poor seeding figures. But it didn't work well and many abandoned the idea.

Now the crypto thing is just the same idea with money in it. I believe money is required to cover legal costs, servers, lines, cloud protection, etc but where and how it comes from is the question. In the recent past I advocated for such a proposal, but now not so sure it will work. Three years of pandemic are hurting the people in their pocket, and streaming services are becoming popular - although they don't let you keep the downloaded data for posterior use.

I can't answer that as I'm not a torrent expert, but I'm betting the major reason is "lack of interest in paying".
In other words, most people will rather download slow than pay. And there's nothing wrong with that if the goal is to allow free, widespread sharing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I just found out that Telegram has it's own crpto coin Ladyanne3 1 921 Jul 10, 2024, 07:39 am
Last Post: dueda
  Anyone from the 70s or 80s here? Cause want info about a ghost adoption agency LadyAnn 4 26,114 Oct 18, 2021, 09:30 am
Last Post: LadyAnn
  TPB Cryptocurrency Token? bogged 7 18,020 May 19, 2021, 08:28 am
Last Post: am a giant
  Bit Torrent Standards are Falling in 2017 rigmar_radio 18 31,810 May 28, 2017, 19:40 pm
Last Post: lol4ever
  Bit torrent incomplete torrents deleted eihabs 3 13,027 Dec 02, 2016, 14:08 pm
Last Post: Aaron.Walkhouse