>> Windows 11 only see 1 GB HDD?
Funny I just put in my 3 TB Hard Drive from my old Windows 7 computer into my new Omen computer but Windows 11 only see 1 GB of space on the HDD. I can access some videos ok but I have to take ownership of some files before I can use it, but there's no space for it to rewrite and it shows "There's not enough space on disk."

What do I need to change to see 3 TB of space on this HDD? Thanks for helping.

Follow this guide:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean...windows-10

Just clean the drive, make sure you list disk first and check the correct one is selected and then just type "clean" and it will remove everything...

Once you've done that just create a new GPT initialize disk and then create a new partition and it should be fine then I would recommend NTFS..
But I need a lot of files from the 3 TB Hard Drive, about 100 GB of movies and muic I downloaded are in there. Maybe I put that 3 TB HDD back into my old Windows 7 computer and change ownership of the files to the new Hotmail.com sign-in.
You need a HDD dock that you can buy from ebay.  Just see if you can get one of those and you can slot it into the dock and then plug it into usb port.  Be aware though that most of these docks that have usb 3.0 are all rubbish and don't work they are usually made in China.  Buy a usb 2.0 dock and then hopefully you should be okay.  It's easier to plug the drive in while it's not located inside your new machine.
Funny, I check my Disk Management on my new Windows 11 Omen computer and it show 2.7 TB of space. So there's something wrong with the Windows Explorer seeing the 2.7 TB of space. What's going on?

(Sep 30, 2022, 11:25 am)computerhack Wrote: Funny, I check my Disk Management on my new Windows 11 Omen computer and it show 2.7 TB of space. So there's something wrong with the Windows Explorer seeing the 2.7 TB of space. What's going on?

Something to do with Bitlocker by the looks of it...
Bitlocker might make things more safe, but as a person who buys a lot of stuff in parts and move hard drives between different computer setups, it is a huge hassle.

I think the best way, if you still have the computer the 3TB disk was in, is to put it back in there and then disabling Bitlocker.
(Oct 01, 2022, 02:00 am)Q91 Wrote: Bitlocker might make things more safe, but as a person who buys a lot of stuff in parts and move hard drives between different computer setups, it is a huge hassle.

I think the best way, if you still have the computer the 3TB disk was in, is to put it back in there and then disabling Bitlocker.

I try to put back the 3TB disk onto my Windows 7 computer and Windows 7 see 0 data on the hard drive, but the BIOS see 3 TB of Hard drive. What to do now?
Try what Q91 wrote. Disable Bitlocker. Hopefully you'll get your data back.

Link

It looks like in 'Win 11 Home' you need to use Powershell commands to disable bitlocker encryption.

/edited links
Funny when I do the Command Prompt "manage-bde -stats", it show that 3 TB HDD I have problem is NOT encrypted and show 2.794 of GB space. But the Windows Explorer only see 1 GB of space and many folders can't be accessed.  What's going on??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers can't see each other or accessed by the other OS RobertX 7 9,310 Dec 15, 2022, 04:45 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Only about Servers dolly_cat 2 15,918 Nov 03, 2015, 13:50 pm
Last Post: dolly_cat
  Oscars films see online piracy surge Scrumptious 0 11,860 Feb 19, 2015, 14:44 pm
Last Post: Scrumptious
  HDD Issue -nelly- 2 15,876 Aug 23, 2014, 18:37 pm
Last Post: NokTham