Windows 10 Banned By Torrent Trackers
August 1, 2015, Microsoft Services updated their EULA in order to combat piracy in the name of "security".

Below is a excerpt of the EULA

"Sometimes you’ll need software updates to keep using the Services. We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services. Such updates are subject to these Terms unless other terms accompany the updates, in which case, those other terms apply. Microsoft isn’t obligated to make any updates available and we don’t guarantee that we will support the version of the system for which you licensed the software."

Despite the vagueness of the statement, torrent trackers have decided to stay away from Windows 10. TorrentFreak reported that various torrent trackers shared why they are choosing to ban Windows 10 for now.

"Unfortunately Microsoft decided to revoke any kind of data protection and submit whatever they can gather to not only themselves but also others. One of those is one of the largest anti-piracy company called MarkMonitor," a staff at iTS stated on Reddit.

"Obviously this goes way too far and is a serious threat to sites like ours which is why we had to take measures."

Apart from iTS, FSC and BB also planning to ban Windows 10.

"What's particularly nasty is that apparently it sends the results of local(!!) searches to a well known anti piracy company directly so as soon as you have one known p2p or scene release on your local disk ... BAM!," BB noted.

iTS admins have started redirecting all Windows 10 users who access their site, to a video on You-tube explaining the cons of Windows 10.

Additionally, according to TorrentFreak, two other similar Dark Web torrent trackers are also considering following suit, with FSC and BB admins publicly expressing their concerns about the abysmal Windows 10 privacy settings.

"As we all know, Microsoft recently released Windows 10. You as a member should know, that we as a site are thinking about banning the OS from FSC," said one of the FSC staff.

Likewise, in a message to their users, a BB admin said something similar, "We have also found [Windows 10] will be gathering information on users’ P2P use to be shared with anti piracy group."

The anti-piracy group the pirate site admins are referring to is MarkMonitor, a US company that specializes in online corporate identity protection, one that is known to have worked with the MPAA in protecting its copyrighted materials, but one that has also worked with Microsoft in the past, to protect Windows users from online identity theft and scam campaigns.
Link to article -----> http://en.yibada.com/articles/56329/2015...issues.htm
Link to aritcle -----> http://gizmodo.com/hardcore-pirates-are-...1726044389
Well, one more good reason to not upgrade to 10 and stay with 7.

Thanks Microsoft, your moronic actions have bit you back in the ass and made you lose even more potential customers.

EDIT: Is it going to be banned in TPB as well? I know TPB claims to not use trackers, but stuff like what Microsoft is doing in this release is not exactly innocent.
(Aug 24, 2015, 15:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: EDIT: Is it going to be banned in TPB as well?

I doubt it.

(Aug 24, 2015, 15:06 pm)RobertX Wrote: I know TPB claims to not use trackers

No we don't [claim that]

We did close down the trackers we ran, and we do disregard tracker entries in torrents uploaded to the site. But we include tracker URLs in the magnet links we generate and we scrape trackers for the seed/leech figures we display.
Quote:http://en.yibada.com/articles/56329/2015...issues.htm
This and other such articles show how little bloggers know! [Okay you know how to type! Good. We hire you.] TPB can't force it's users not to use Win 10. Shit TPB don't know what O/s it's traffic use. What more or less can staff do is to suggest it's community whether to use win 10 or not, which I don't see the reason to do. Win 10 case is highly exaggerated and btw staff at trackers are behaving huge paranoids. In most of trackers when staff fails to remove any technical barrier they just make a rule about it and enforce it on their users. This is yet another case. that's it. And btw it's ironic that trackers which actually breaks every inch of privacy of it's users by sharing users logs with other trackers or keeps logs for their own sake are worried about user's privacy. 
The biggest error is in describing what is being done as a "ban".

We know as much about what OS visitors to our site use as the admins of the sites which have decided to "ban" users of Windows 10 do. ie. when browsers request pages from websites they report (among other things) the OS they're running on. Servers can be configured to reply differently based on the platform from which the request was made--in this case when a browser reports Win10 an "educational" page is served rather than the one that was requested.

We could do that

...but it's easily bypassed and aside from being ineffective it's a bit douchey.
knowing something is potentially harmful yet still chose to ignore it. The least you could do is follow the example of the other trackers. That way you could help in raising the awareness of people about this serious issue. And as you say there is a workaround, so anyone that still want to use Win 10 and the site still can.
Quote:This and other such articles show how little bloggers know! [Okay you know how to type! Good. We hire you.] TPB can't force it's users not to use Win 10. Shit TPB don't know what O/s it's traffic use. What more or less can staff do is to suggest it's community whether to use win 10 or not, which I don't see the reason to do. Win 10 case is highly exaggerated and btw staff at trackers are behaving huge paranoids. In most of trackers when staff fails to remove any technical barrier they just make a rule about it and enforce it on their users. This is yet another case. that's it. And btw it's ironic that trackers which actually breaks every inch of privacy of it's users by sharing users logs with other trackers or keeps logs for their own sake are worried about user's privacy. 

Good post, I do agree with you that most bloggers/writers are blowing this out of proportion. But, I think its not so much about TPB forcing or recommending users to use W10, its weather or not TPB should allow to host a OS that could be potentially harmful.

The thing is, your right, bloggers literally do not know the full functionality of W10 when it comes to fighting online piracy. But that (for some people) gives a right to be paranoid, knowing the unknown.There hasn't been (yet, maybe)  a report about the first pirated game/software being bricked or removed by W10. It's too early to see how Microsoft will react in the future.

As for privacy, M$ is not stranger when it comes to invading your life. Now, they have a other excuse to go ahead and collect more data from everybody. I just don't see why would anyone want to pay (or even upgrade for free) just to get spied on by a multi-billion $ company who values $ over than the privacy of anybody. People should just switch from Windows to Linux, where its free, and the company(s) are not bigots to everybody.

If I am going to get my privacy exposed, I'd rather let random strangers look at what I search than M$. A other nuisance about Microsoft, is that they have collaborated with the U.S government in assisting them invade our privacy. Here is a example
And they probably still do.

GNU/Linux ftw
(Aug 25, 2015, 09:52 am)zerodayz Wrote: knowing something is potentially harmful yet still chose to ignore it. The least you could do is follow the example of the other trackers. That way you could help in raising the awareness of people about this serious issue. And as you say there is a workaround, so anyone that still want to use Win 10 and the site still can.

Why do you want us to jump on that particular bandwagon?

Why aren't you asking us to warn people about the dangers of too much salt or nicotine or sugar or Facebook or Google or the NSA, about the dangers of heroin or unprotected sex, or not wearing seatbelts, or crash helmets, or not having smoke alarms in their homes, or the radiation from mobile phones, or area 51, or the Babylonian Brotherhood...?

We don't follow sheep. Nor do we aspire to lead them.
(Aug 25, 2015, 19:12 pm) pid=\113719' Wrote:
(Aug 25, 2015, 09:52 am)zerodayz Wrote: knowing something is potentially harmful yet still chose to ignore it. The least you could do is follow the example of the other trackers. That way you could help in raising the awareness of people about this serious issue. And as you say there is a workaround, so anyone that still want to use Win 10 and the site still can.

Why do you want us to jump on that particular bandwagon?

Why aren't you asking us to warn people about the dangers of too much salt or nicotine or sugar or Facebook or Google or the NSA, about the dangers of heroin or unprotected sex, or not wearing seatbelts, or crash helmets, or not having smoke alarms in their homes, or the radiation from mobile phones, or area 51, or the Babylonian Brotherhood...?

We don't follow sheep. Nor do we aspire to lead them.

It seemed the right thing to do after reading about this matter. You mentioned the word douchey in your previous post. If that is your concern apparently you haven't used TPB as a normal or mobile user.If this forum was an FDA forum , or the UN forum maybe i would propose that. I agree i should have asked you to warn people about area 51 but forgive me i forgot.
zerodayz, I understand your disagreement, but I think the mod wants to keep the basis of our discussion, and SuprBay's torrent site, to stay on the lines on freedom, as well as transparency.

Everyone should be notified of whatever information they need to know. But having said that, you can't stop a guy from wanting to jump off a cliff even if you're sure that he won't go to heaven. A lot of torrent snatchers around here will ignore the warnings, but we can't do anything about it, can we? We'll just have to sit back and wait for what happens. If they fuck up, they'll realise that they have only themselves to blame.

ASIDE: When the police arrest you, usually they tell you that you can remain silent or what you say/do can be evidence against you. You can't blame the dude, or rather, you can blame him if he was beating you up, but if you hit him first, the only thing you can do is to regret it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dealing with dead trackers on your uploads sharingiscaring2023 14 626 Mar 21, 2024, 09:45 am
Last Post: sharingiscaring2023
  Regarding the Usage of Certain Trackers RobertX 7 1,219 Feb 11, 2024, 09:11 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  IRC Channel For Invites To Private Trackers ... TedDekker 11 25,782 Apr 29, 2023, 22:06 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Seems like I'm getting banned everywhere. Ladyanne3 4 9,340 Jul 12, 2022, 08:07 am
Last Post: Bohet
  List of trackers kapaki55 4 13,271 Feb 20, 2021, 14:04 pm
Last Post: waregim