Why Can't I Download These Torrents?
(Apr 09, 2023, 12:28 pm)TedDekker Wrote:
(Apr 09, 2023, 08:38 am)dueda Wrote: There may be an explanation: Seeders may set a limit on how much they are willing to seed (for any particular torrent); or how many connections / kbps they're willing to allow. In such cases, a downloader (peer) would wait in line or be queued until a slot opens, or forever, if the maximum seed value is already reached. Ive got plenty of seeders with 100% of a file I wanted but could never download.

That may be going on with me. I wonder if I leave it downloading for a few days if I will ever get an opportunity to download or be next in line to start?

It's most likely that the download would usually start straight out.  When I did that last week it started immediately but that may be because I'm connected to one of the best VPN services on the market.

I don't think dueda will reply for several days he usually only arrives here around the weekend time and has other responsibilities to deal with other than forum posting.
(Apr 10, 2023, 18:37 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Apr 09, 2023, 12:28 pm)TedDekker Wrote:
(Apr 09, 2023, 08:38 am)dueda Wrote: There may be an explanation: Seeders may set a limit on how much they are willing to seed (for any particular torrent); or how many connections / kbps they're willing to allow. In such cases, a downloader (peer) would wait in line or be queued until a slot opens, or forever, if the maximum seed value is already reached. Ive got plenty of seeders with 100% of a file I wanted but could never download.

That may be going on with me. I wonder if I leave it downloading for a few days if I will ever get an opportunity to download or be next in line to start?

It's most likely that the download would usually start straight out.  When I did that last week it started immediately but that may be because I'm connected to one of the best VPN services on the market.

I don't think dueda will reply for several days he usually only arrives here around the weekend time and has other responsibilities to deal with other than forum posting.

It is still not working. I am using a completely different ISP at a different location. Can you think of anything else? I would really like to download all of these files. Do you think these could be Agent files trying to trap people that don't have VPN's? Is there another site I can go to in order to get a better magnet file that works. I can literally download anything else except these two Group of Torrents.

It is still not working. I am using a completely different ISP at a different location. Can you think of anything else? I would really like to download all of these files. Do you think these could be Agent files trying to trap people that don't have VPN's? Is there another site I can go to in order to get a better magnet file that works. I can literally download anything else except these two Group of Torrents.
Sorry for the long delay, I'm most of the time offline for various reasons.
Thanks Rodney for taking over (lol).

The first torrent is a collection that can be downloaded one item (or a few) at a time. Try it!
Just tick the boxes you want first, wait to complete, tick more and so on. OR find torrents for each of those titles and download separately.

There're reasons big (more than 100 GB) torrents aren't recommended but digital inflation will probably reach a terabyte this decade.
Also, my 2012 notebook with 8GB running qBitTorrent on Win10 didn't comply about the torrent, but I didn't start to download as Rodney already tested it, and because I'm on mobile phone internet. Maybe your provider / VPN has traffic shaping that blocks certain patterns (like torrents) independent of encryption, IP, whatever.
One idea I had before is that you could always have a look around and find a seedbox somewhere where you can have a trial and see what you think.  You'd have to download the actual torrent file though and not the magnet if you can find it?  Maybe search the torrent hash to see if it's on another torrent site and download the torrent file.

Could get a trial seedbox as long as they allow public trackers like TPB and try and give it a go that way.  Just as a trial to see if it's actually working like dueda said it could be that you're being shaped for some reason by the ISP that you're on or they are using some kind of block system to try and stop peer 2 peer downloading...

At least a good test with a seedbox trial would definitely show that you've tried an alternative method to downloading at home.  Sometimes seedboxes can connect straight away and download really fast.  That's what I would have tried at this point to see if it'll download.  Never know your luck you might figure it out that way but other than that I'm stuck...
(May 02, 2023, 04:54 am)dueda Wrote: Sorry for the long delay, I'm most of the time offline for various reasons.
Thanks Rodney for taking over (lol).

The first torrent is a collection that can be downloaded one item (or a few) at a time. Try it!
Just tick the boxes you want first, wait to complete, tick more and so on. OR find torrents for each of those titles and download separately.

There're reasons big (more than 100 GB) torrents aren't recommended but digital inflation will probably reach a terabyte this decade.
Also, my 2012 notebook with 8GB running qBitTorrent on Win10 didn't comply about the torrent, but I didn't start to download as Rodney already tested it, and because I'm on mobile phone internet. Maybe your provider / VPN has traffic shaping that blocks certain patterns (like torrents) independent of encryption, IP, whatever.

Why are you offline? What are you doing? Are you Cool IRL?

With these mega torrents, only the movie ones, I can't even select what I want to download and not download. It never actually initiates and build the table database on my hard drive and lets me see what is going to be downloaded or anything. Just stays completely blank, dead, discovering nodes, or something in an infinite loop.

I think it is more of an Police Torrent or something. If it detects you are behind a very powerful VPN it will not let you download the goods. However, if you have a Lame VPN or not using a VPN at all it allows you to download so they can arrest you later.

Digital Inflation? WTF ...

Didn't Comply, are you saying you couldn't download it as well? I mean you make a good point, maybe it takes a while. however, I left it on for days and it never generated the file database on my hard drive of what it was going to download.

I mean, I just download some 200-300 GB Torrent Files of other stuff. Why isn't these working? Very Strange if you ask me ...

(May 02, 2023, 08:23 am)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: One idea I had before is that you could always have a look around and find a seedbox somewhere where you can have a trial and see what you think.  You'd have to download the actual torrent file though and not the magnet if you can find it?  Maybe search the torrent hash to see if it's on another torrent site and download the torrent file.

Could get a trial seedbox as long as they allow public trackers like TPB and try and give it a go that way.  Just as a trial to see if it's actually working like dueda said it could be that you're being shaped for some reason by the ISP that you're on or they are using some kind of block system to try and stop peer 2 peer downloading...

At least a good test with a seedbox trial would definitely show that you've tried an alternative method to downloading at home.  Sometimes seedboxes can connect straight away and download really fast.  That's what I would have tried at this point to see if it'll download.  Never know your luck you might figure it out that way but other than that I'm stuck...

I could do a lot of that however, I would have to expose myself. I do not want to use my CC or put my name out there to buy seeboxs.

Whats the difference between downloading the torrent file vs the magnet file? I usually always use the Magnet File.

I have tried two different ISP for these movies torrent in orgianl post. Those are the only ones that do not work. I download all day every day very large Torrents. So my ISP doesn't care about Torrents. Why would it let me download all the other Torrents except those two.

Those two torrents have some kind of special block with certain VPN's or something. Plus I am super encrypted, like double encrypted, so probably needs less encryption or something. However, I wont do that because I can download most of everything else with no issue. I mean if I took the VPN off and Encryption off I bet it would work however, then I would be arrested.
(May 02, 2023, 20:25 pm)TedDekker Wrote: Why are you offline? What are you doing? Are you Cool IRL?
> Yes. Thank you for asking! I just like PC off, tinfoil on.

Digital Inflation?
> Files becoming bigger, kinda Moore's Law applied to storage.

Didn't Comply, are you saying you couldn't download it as well?
> Mistaken, I meant deny, protest. The app didn't contest.

Torrent was ready to start, I just didn't see need to actually download something.

I'm out of suggestions; don't know where you are, (neither want to,) but maybe ask a friend on another ISP or even another country 
to download it then send it for you as direct download (upload somewhere, somehow, in parts) or even BluRay media.
(May 07, 2023, 01:27 am)dueda Wrote:
(May 02, 2023, 20:25 pm)TedDekker Wrote: Why are you offline? What are you doing? Are you Cool IRL?
> Yes. Thank you for asking! I just like PC off, tinfoil on.

Digital Inflation?
> Files becoming bigger, kinda Moore's Law applied to storage.

Didn't Comply, are you saying you couldn't download it as well?
> Mistaken, I meant deny, protest. The app didn't contest.

Torrent was ready to start, I just didn't see need to actually download something.

I'm out of suggestions; don't know where you are, (neither want to,) but maybe ask a friend on another ISP or even another country 
to download it then send it for you as direct download (upload somewhere, somehow, in parts) or even BluRay media.

This is so strange.

Do you think it is a good chance it is in my VPN? I can download other large file Torrents that are 500GB however, I can't download these two. Very Strange.
I am still trying to download these Torrents and they are not working.

Is anyone else able to download these?
Anyone?
This still does not work for me even though I can literally download every other Torrent, even the Massive ones.

Thoughts?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Files really spoke the truth ! Ladyanne3 0 177 Apr 20, 2024, 21:17 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Why is using crypto so hard for people? Ladyanne3 3 733 Mar 13, 2024, 13:25 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  I can NOT download this f**king torrent ! Ladyanne3 4 1,448 Feb 08, 2024, 00:19 am
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Why do my torrents show 0 seeds on TPB v010dya 2 1,211 Feb 01, 2024, 14:22 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  How do you download Restricted Assets from Getty for free? Stargate38 1 1,225 Jan 23, 2024, 14:26 pm
Last Post: lustrous