What's the best add blocker?
Sometimes I get messages from sites asking me to enable my ad blocker. Currently, I use AdBlock. Is there a better free ad blocker, or one worth paying for?
I use uBlock Origin. Give it a try.
The Opera browser comes with its own ad blocker.

Using it since yesterday.
i use adblock plus in firefox
I'm assuming you meant disable your adblock and not enable? I ignore requests to disable my adblocker. Some sites won't let you view unless you disable it, but i think those sites aren't worth viewing anyway if they try and force ads on you. You could also use a browser like Brave that automatically blocks all ads and trackers for you.
(Feb 01, 2021, 04:30 am)Spud17 Wrote: I'm assuming you meant disable your adblock and not enable? I ignore requests to disable my adblocker. Some sites won't let you view unless you disable it, but i think those sites aren't worth viewing anyway if they try and force ads on you. You could also use a browser like Brave that automatically blocks all ads and trackers for you.

Well, what I was trying to say is some site want me to disable my adblocker to view the video. I want an adblocker that tricks the site into believing it's disabled. Maybe by feeding the site fake data or something.
I second uBlock Origin combined with NoScript
(Feb 02, 2021, 08:51 am)SoLongFriend Wrote:
(Feb 01, 2021, 04:30 am)Spud17 Wrote: I'm assuming you meant disable your adblock and not enable? I ignore requests to disable my adblocker. Some sites won't let you view unless you disable it, but i think those sites aren't worth viewing anyway if they try and force ads on you. You could also use a browser like Brave that automatically blocks all ads and trackers for you.

Well, what I was trying to say is some site want me to disable my adblocker to view the video. I want an adblocker that tricks the site into believing it's disabled. Maybe by feeding the site fake data or something.

You can do that with a PiHole on an rpi zero: https://pi-hole.net/

even if the site does require you to turn it off you can block the site from being able acsess to JavaScript.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Place To Get 4K Movies? Also, Best Practices? How? TedDekker 5 1,974 Jan 05, 2024, 19:28 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  What's the best way to honestly earn cryptocurrency? RobertX 6 2,149 Dec 19, 2023, 01:57 am
Last Post: RobertX
  What's the best screen recording utility? Ladyanne3 6 6,988 Oct 11, 2023, 12:59 pm
Last Post: gulshan212
  What is the best Cracking software stormtrooper1602 9 6,772 Mar 27, 2023, 16:25 pm
  Best Current Youtube Downloader? FloodTheWaves 8 11,261 Apr 24, 2022, 04:52 am