Poll: What do you use for storing your downloads?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
On a blank media, be it on a DVD or CD.
15.00%
3 15.00%
Hard drive, leave it there unless you want to clear space.
85.00%
17 85.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you do with your downloads?
What do you do with your downloaded video files, specifically ones you got here?

Here, I make two copies: a disc copy and a file on an external hard drive. The reason I still burn to disc, is probably for "genuine purpose;." I want to emulate the genuine article, as if I bought them. Is that vanity?

It just looks like I am collecting or preserving something,  like baseball cards, I guess.

Throughout my life, I have always been collecting stuff, like video games, TV shows, movies, books, and money!

What are your habits?
Well regarding movies/series, I watch them and delete, if I want to watch again, I just dl it again (lol)

But I do collect software, I'm a software junkie...
Movies and tv shows are burnt to DVD-R. A DVD-R costs around 15 cents each. I download SD, not HD. Downloaded flacs to DVD-R too. 
Hard drives only with software, books, and my own torrents. One for backup. Nothing massive, 500 GB.
In a DVD-R you can have one season, or 4-5 movies. 15-20 FLAC CDs each. Harddrives have a life span of around 10 years I read somewhere, DVDs are pretty much forever.
If you burn a FLAC to CD-R, you don't emulate the real thing, you have a clone of the real CD, that you can play in your hifi hardware. Video don't have a perfect standard like audio with the CD format. For me a 800 mb movie is state of the art quality.
I don't delete much, because in case of doubt I don't download. Too much quality around to lose time with second rate stuff.
I collect too.
Hi connor17,

Do you burn with ConvertXtoDVD?
(Jul 23, 2015, 18:58 pm)RobertX Wrote: Hi connor17,

Do you burn with ConvertXtoDVD?

well, he said he fits 4~5 800MB movies in a dvd. how would he do that with convertx without turning them into a mess of blocky artifacts? Smile
I don't convert anything. Instead of converting stuff you should use hardware that can play the formats, like a multimedia thingy.
Why is that?
i don't mind answering that. converting with convertx means reducing the quality while increasing the size, usually by a huge amount.
Sure, thanks pal.

EDIT: Actually, I do both. However, the reason for keeping both is that I want to keep a backup and to be able to watch it on my TV DVD player. It's a wicked piece of machinery.
I've heard about hipsters and vinyl fetish, but I've never heard before about DVD players fetish.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your degree? (If you're comfortable in speaking it) RobertX 0 603 Feb 19, 2024, 08:48 am
Last Post: RobertX
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,363 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  How to move to the next page of downloads ? ReleaseZeKraken 3 4,761 Jun 01, 2023, 01:12 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  If an intruder comes into your home what would you say, do etc.? Octo 51 78,423 May 25, 2023, 16:40 pm
Last Post: stormium
  Anyone know where Amazon Prime downloads the video on your phone? Ladyanne3 14 9,657 Apr 16, 2023, 21:47 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3