What brand of DVD-R is the best for burning Playstation 2 games?
After having to replace a couple of corrupt Playsatation 2 retail games, I ran out of Ridata discs.

What is the best brand of DVD-R/+R for burning Playstation 2 games?

I don't want to part with PS2, so that is why I'm asking.
Back in the days I was using Verbatim - never failed me, just remember to burn at the slowest possible rate otherwise PS2 may throw up Wink (edit: oh and always finalize the disc, you probably know this but will add for others Wink)
They cost a little more but you're paying for quality, IF I remember good, Sony were good too but I only used them when I ran out of Verbatims.
Esperanza and other cheaper makers almost always failed me, waste of time and money.
Verbatims seem to be the only answer for the job, but, due to the price, I never buy them.

I always found Ritek/Ridata discs to be optimum for price and quality.

Maybe, when the pandemic is over, I'll take a bus to my favourite computer store and buy some Verbatims.

Right now, anything that's a retail disc or anything that's not Ritek/Ridata doesn't work.

Thanks for the insight, hobec24423.
You're welcome my friend, yes they are pricey that's why I usually downloaded RIP's and burned them on regular verbatim CD's instead of DVD's when possible.
I also purchased the biggest packs available to lower the price of single CD/DVD, 50 packs were much cheaper per unit than 20 or 10, it was so many years ago I don't remember what they cost but the difference was substantial Wink

Cheers!
Thanks for that, also.

Do you still have your Playstation 2 or did you trade it in for a better Playstation?
I traded it for last production PS2 Slim version with chip, I never liked the later generations (ps3/4/whatever).
Spoken like a true pirate!

Is your Playstation 2 in better shape than mines? Mines can only accept Ridata discs, but I have yet to try anything else, not even Verbatim.

I've tried fucked-up discs before, starting with Fifi,which boasts the TYG01 disc ID, and they worked fine... after a year. Now, I've observed that Ridata discs are pretty good.

I would also like to share that no retail games don't work on my Peed-Off Station Poo. Little-by-little, the lasers go bad and chose to not read the retail DVDs. Well, there goes "if you like it, buy it!"

That's all I have to say for now.
When I burned Verbatims on my laptop it didn't work but for some reason when burned on my friend PC it worked... same settings lol.

You could try cleaning your burning laser and PS2 laser, I used Hydrogen peroxide with great success.
(edit: some say window cleaning products work better for them but never tried that)
I don't want to kill my PS2 laser after "cleaning it."

I don't have the know how to.

EDIT: Mine as well run it to the ground before getting another PS2, unmodded but using Free McBoot or something like that.
You can get modded slim ps2 for like 30 bucks right now in good condition so wouldn't worry, at least in my country.
Funny thing - I've got Almost 30 yr old Amiga CD32 with perfectly good working CD drive, Amiga > Sony Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Updating Cracked Games yusufarslan05 2 1,213 Feb 16, 2024, 10:35 am
Last Post: yusufarslan05
  The new Ubisoft+ and getting gamers comfortable with not owning their games!? lustrous 7 2,348 Feb 04, 2024, 16:36 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  What's the best pinball game ? Ladyanne3 14 13,320 Nov 22, 2023, 20:46 pm
Last Post: Brainphrozen
  Your favorite racing games theSEMAR 39 97,844 Nov 07, 2023, 18:21 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Managing Games on a Modded PS4 RobertX 3 4,607 Oct 16, 2023, 07:18 am
Last Post: RobertX