What Media player for 4k 2160p ?
im talking about how to play 2160p / 4k videos we download so we can watch them on a tv

at moment i use asus o play which has been great for just about every file format eg avi mkv mp4 etc but it cant play 4k stuff, ( i have tried and it says unsuported format or crashes the media player) so are their any 4k hardware media players ? 

my tv isnt 4k but neither is my pc monitor and i can see the quality difference of 4k videos when watched on my pc so for now id be happy to try 4k stuff on my tv if i can find a media player thatll do the job

thanks for any help
(Nov 25, 2017, 22:57 pm)WW3hasstarted Wrote: im talking about how to play 2160p / 4k videos we download so we can watch them on a tv

at moment i use asus o play which has been great for just about every file format eg avi mkv mp4 etc but it cant play 4k stuff, ( i have tried and it says unsuported format or crashes the media player) so are their any 4k hardware media players ? 

my tv isnt 4k but neither is my pc monitor and i can see the quality difference of 4k videos when watched on my pc so for now id be happy to try 4k stuff on my tv if i can find a media player thatll do the job

thanks for any help

I use the Media Player Classic from the K-Lite Codec Pack.
media player classic is software not hardware, youve not understood the question
You're right, he hasn't, but in all honesty it is a dumb question with an answer which will not help you, because you have chosen not to even try to help yourself.

The answer to your question "are their any 4k hardware media players ? " is: yes.

Googling "4k media player" told me that in 0.49 seconds. You could have done that, with even less typing than you have done here, instead of waiting 31 hours for someone else to do it for you.
If a player won't help you, you need a new graphics card and/or processor. My computer sucks and I can't play 2160 vids (or at least without them being in slow motion) because of that. Get a better computer, like I should.
(Nov 26, 2017, 16:22 pm)Sid Wrote: You're right, he hasn't, but in all honesty it is a dumb question with an answer which will not help you, because you have chosen not to even try to help yourself.

The answer to your question "are their any 4k hardware media players ? " is: yes.

Googling "4k media player" told me that in 0.49 seconds. You could have done that, with even less typing than you have done here, instead of waiting 31 hours for someone else to do it for you.

thats a very unhelpful attitude, the point of forums is to help people ! ( if your stressed out take a break , ) i dont expect you personally  to have the answers to everything, you seem to be taking the attitude that you have to answer everyones questions, no one expects that of you mate thats too much work for anyone  Tongue

i asked that on the forum for any downloaders to answer. yes google exists i prefer to try asking suprbay users as there must be others downloading 4k videos off tpb etc facing the same situation as me..id like to play 4k videos from tpb that are on an external hard drive on my tv using a hardware media player ( my asus o play and sumvision cant do 4k)      i need a 4k player capable of playing as many different file formats as 4k videos come in.  https://thepiratebay.org/search/2160p/0/5/0  
shows a variety of files 
Suprbay is great when we help each other
(Nov 25, 2017, 22:57 pm)WW3hasstarted Wrote: im talking about how to play 2160p / 4k videos we download so we can watch them on a tv

thanks for any help

Android box. I have an ASUS O Play as well, what an awesome media player it is but it just doesn't play 4K because it can only pump out 1080P at maximum. I bought an Android box and use Archon Media player which can access your media shares on your PC just like the OPlay but the Android box can play 4K video at 60Hz with HDR. You can find lots of them on Amazon.
Some small built desktop+VLC is the best player, you don't worry about changing standards or compatibility because of different containers or compression.

You can always upgrade if you want better sound or more power for future 8k/16k/whatever.

I find dedicated hardware for playing videos a blast from the past where you had different types of hardware for different types of medium.

But now medium is one - digital, or if you like you can add blu-ray optical disc drive to your built. You don't need anything more.

And for the prices they charge for 4k players you can easily do that. Unless you find some really cheap china knock-offs but that misses the point of the quality you're searching in the first place.

(Nov 26, 2017, 08:03 am)WW3hasstarted Wrote: media player classic is software not hardware, youve not understood the question

The "hardware" 4k player = embedded software, no difference.

In other words, 4k players are unupgradable PC's that can do only one thing for the same price of fully functional PC.

But if you still want one, check ebay. Can't suggest you any as I don't know the price range you are into.

And remember, you get what you pay for.
One of the reviews from Amazon on some popular cheap Android box:

Quote:Picture quality was very poor. This system is also not compatible with Netflix, it wouldn't let me download or install it. The remote sucks and doesn't work half the time. The Bluetooth keyboard that came with it is very cheap and doesn't work very well either. System constantly froze up and required a reboot numerous times. I returned it after 1 day and went back to my Fire TV.
Additionally, see this https://torrentfreak.com/tickbox-remove-...ns-180214/
Even if it is an isolated case for now, more is likely to come. So dedicated devices and plain standard Windows/Android Media-PC's are subject to changes.
And privacy issues.
i use media player classic.but bsplayer is best to download subtitles.however media player classic has less issues with displaying subtitles correctly in movies.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to play 4k downloads on a TV what media player to use ? WW3hasstarted 24 9,450 Dec 20, 2023, 19:27 pm
Last Post: richto
  Editing recorded media yungskeleton 8 25,879 Mar 03, 2021, 16:20 pm
Last Post: BoxerLara
  NAS, media, torrenting. dueda 15 43,434 Mar 01, 2020, 04:45 am
Last Post: waregim
  Digital Media Players? doge 3 20,764 Sep 16, 2018, 03:58 am
Last Post: jerrysmatrix
  Recommendations for a region-free unlockable DVD Player RobertX 2 15,378 Nov 17, 2015, 00:57 am
Last Post: RobertX