What’s the best book you’ve ever received as a gift?
It's a toss-up for me between two very different gifts from two very special givers: the 3-volume Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Martin Buber's Life and Work, a riveting critical biography of the great Jewish philosopher by Maurice Friedman.

Solzhenitsyn: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/11755430/
A leather bound version of 'The Hobbit' Shy
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett. That book started me off collecting his entire works.

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee when I was quite young.

It was red colour hard-bound , still recall the paper smell
The 'Al Quran'..
Wow, over 2k views, and a whole 4 replies--I guess people aren't giving books as gifts anymore. Or they're keeping it a secret, afraid the book-kidnappers are going to come and snag th eir favorite book!

By far. The Lion's Paw by Robb White. I finally received a copy after having not read it for over *#@)!$_&  <---(State Secret) years. And having a fresh, clean, new paper copy means that soon, real soon now, I'll be able to preserve the book and just read it on my tablet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best "things" to use when making e-books RobertX 0 15,070 Jul 12, 2020, 20:26 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Nonfiction best sellers tekwrite 1 19,128 Feb 20, 2019, 18:21 pm
Last Post: waregim
  What are best telegram book groups? bytemybits 3 20,129 Aug 16, 2018, 18:05 pm
Last Post: bytemybits
  What's the best book you've ever read? nonfiktional 9 24,223 Jul 31, 2017, 03:49 am
Last Post: sceadugenga
  If you could have written a book you've read, which would it be? Philidor 12 36,865 Nov 04, 2016, 13:43 pm
Last Post: LZA