Welcome to the RiffTrax forum / Say "Hi" here
Nice! Love that new-forum smell.
This is Great Thanks!
It's like being home again. Thanks, Sid!
(Aug 03, 2016, 05:46 am)Sid Wrote: Not sure what sort of trouble you had but reading between the lines I'm guessing it was files being DMCA'd? That won't happen here.

More along the lines of great uploaders being traced and Rifftrax making them an offer they couldn't refuse. :-(
Sorry, I still don't understand.

I can type "Mayonnaise1, I know who you are and I'm going to fuck you up if you don't stop uploading." but that doesn't mean I really know who you are or that I can do a damn thing. It doesn't even mean I really work for RiffTrax.

In fact, quite the contrary: if I could actually fuck you up I'd be doing it, not threatening it.
Thanks for the sub-forum, Sid!
Sir, thank you for this forum.

And please: move this topic from "Movies" to here

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-REQ-Sho...agic-Shelf

(I don't understand why did you change the prefix from "Rifftrax" to "REQ" - these are obviously rifftrax shorts...)

Moe edited Aug 03, 2016 20:49 pm this post because:

Thread moved.

The title was never changed. It used to have a prefix that got removed when we went with a separate forum instead.

(Aug 03, 2016, 16:36 pm)Sid Wrote: Sorry, I still don't understand.

I can type "Mayonnaise1, I know who you are and I'm going to fuck you up if you don't stop uploading." but that doesn't mean I really know who you are or that I can do a damn thing. It doesn't even mean I really work for RiffTrax.

In fact, quite the contrary: if I could actually fuck you up I'd be doing it, not threatening it.

It was that AND the friends coming to the group and posting "I got a letter from Rifftrax and all of my uploads have to come down." and they were gone. And there's no reason to think they were lying.
This is why I don't like these long and winding dump threads--that is completely different and totally unrelated to your original point that having a separate forum for release announcements would be too confusing for Daz users to handle. But you have a dedicated forum now so that point is moot.

If uploaders were resigning and deleting their shares often enough for it to be a significant problem either they were misunderstanding those letters (which is not unlikely as they're specifically crafted to mislead and intimidate), the sites they were uploading to sold them out, or they were voluntarily sharing far too much information about themselves.

A dedicated forum won't do anything to prevent uploaders being forced into retirement but we can help with understanding (if people ask before they act), our founders have served jail time rather than compromise our members, and we discourage the sharing of personal data as much as we can.
Just wanted to thank you so much, Sid, for all the hard work.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced ageekyguy 34 4,087 Yesterday, 18:54 pm
Last Post: JusSonic
  FAVORITE SCENE/LINE FROM A RIFFTRAX MOVIE OR SHORT TheDarkPrince2018 166 189,719 Mar 20, 2024, 16:37 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Rifftrax on the Mads! Miss Martian 6 1,002 Mar 12, 2024, 23:50 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  "Samurai Cop" with 6 commentary tracks incl. Red Letter Media, Joe Bob, Rifftrax... mentallo 37 56,504 Mar 09, 2024, 16:06 pm
Last Post: alansmithee99
  Rifftrax - near 12 hour video on Youtude MATMAN 0 745 Mar 01, 2024, 09:49 am
Last Post: MATMAN