We need to talk about Trump
In a nutshell (No pun intended).

We're currently doing a module on world politics. I'm heavily influenced by my parents vocal opinions on what Trump may or not be. I've yet to form my own opinion because i don't know enough about the guy.

If you were to ELI5, why is Trump so derided? 

I'm looking for info so i can give a balanced and thorough presentation when i present it

Cheers BigEars Smile
As the situation with the North Korean conflict goes, I am a little scared.

Don't get me wrong, the North Korean leaders have always been psychos, but great solutions don't come from the barrel of a gun, instead, it comes out of your heard.

I hope Trump and Kim see the necessity of peaceful negotiations.
Trump has all these visions of what he wants done, in reality everything has to go through congress and he is getting slowed down. Now you wonder why Obama really just accomplished healthcare.
It would probably be best to read and find out for yourself, if you want to form an opinion.

Some recent material that might help.

Hillary R. Clinton recently featured on 'The Graham Norton Show' and made some points. (Episode 4, I think)

Her recent book 'What Happened' (available on TPB)

Raising Trump - book by Ivana Trump. (available on TPB)

A list of 11 'new' books on Trump (article dated Aug 2016).
Well for one would you hire a plumber to work on your roof? Makes no sense, but neither do American conservatives. If Hitler came back to life and ran for President regardless of party SOMEONE would vote for him simply because they're voting for their team. Trump is not a politician and doesn't know anything about how politics work which is why he can't get anything done. He thought he could just muscle his way around like he does with his failed businesses and realized very quickly government doesn't run like a company. Steve Bannon knew more than he did and even he threw in the towel. The question isn't to ask what's wrong with Trump it's more like what's right with him. The conversation would be a lot shorter. Stay away from sites like Breitbart and other conservative forums because it's difficult to ascertain who's American and whose Soviet not that it would really matter cause their ideals are almost the same.
I don't think Trump won as much as Hillary lost. Obviously Trump is president, but it's more so people not wanting Hillary in the WH. She sabotaged Bernie Sanders, so that goes to show how manipulative she is.

I think it would be safe to say if all was played on the up and up we'd be saying President Sanders. Although, I don;t wanna take anything away from Trump's ability to sell himself. He should pull his head out of his ass, unless he wants to be a 1 term president.

JMHO.
Running a country is like running a business. Trump is one hell of a business guy, he knows how to negotiate and make deals. Hopefully he can make America better again!
(Nov 16, 2017, 21:45 pm)deewelch Wrote: Running a country is like running a business...

How?
(Nov 16, 2017, 21:45 pm)deewelch Wrote: Running a country is like running a business. Trump is one hell of a business guy, he knows how to negotiate and make deals. Hopefully he can make America better again!

OMG ROLLING ON That ONE!!! Huh
A country is very much dependent on it's revenue. If it has little, then it probably will fail. If it has a lot, it will probably succeed.

America needs money, like any other country on earth. A businessman deals with money a lot. I think that's all anyone meant. I'm not sure that Trump is a good businessman, but there are worse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peter Sunde february 2024 talk ProxyDuck 2 437 Mar 25, 2024, 14:27 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Donald Trump fucked workerbee 46 55,472 Jan 26, 2021, 10:24 am
Last Post: Guildmaster2000
  Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Aw- 1 8,503 Sep 19, 2020, 16:45 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Trump agrees to shut down his charity politux 4 15,543 Dec 19, 2018, 19:14 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Feckless cunts of the Trump administration workerbee 12 27,363 Aug 06, 2018, 03:45 am
Last Post: contrail