WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE MODERN POET
At the moment, I'm really into the works of John ashbery and Maggie Anderson.
my fav poet of all times is Fernando Pessoa [dude has a real clone channel running in his head all day]

(seriously awesome guy, figure out more about his life)

Pessoa's poetry is aptly described as the central work of Portuguese modernism, and for this alone he deserves his belated recognition. But Pessoa wrote more than poems. His legendary trunk contained a wealth of miscellaneous writings on philosophy, sociology, history, literary criticism, as well as short stories, plays, treatises on astrology and a variety of autobiographical reflections. But in addition to the usual material produced by a writer, Pessoa is unique in that he also wrote other writers and poets. These he called heteronyms, coining the term to distinguish it from the common pseudonym. Pessoa was not simply writing poems and prose under a different name: the various heteronyms he created were individuals with their own history, biography, personal characteristics and unmistakable literary style.

Bonus track?

I also like a lot Rodrigo Lira, but i thikn it's not translated to english
(schizo freak, very dark humour, intertextuality, and blah)
(curious how it sounds? well >>[url=snip!<</mod.
(obviously already succesfully suicided)

(Oct 03, 2014, 00:47 am)fliba Wrote: my fav poet of all times is Fernando Pessoa [dude has a real clone channel running in his head all day]

(seriously awesome guy, figure out more about his life)

Pessoa's poetry is aptly described as the central work of Portuguese modernism, and for this alone he deserves his belated recognition. But Pessoa wrote more than poems. His legendary trunk contained a wealth of miscellaneous writings on philosophy, sociology, history, literary criticism, as well as short stories, plays, treatises on astrology and a variety of autobiographical reflections. But in addition to the usual material produced by a writer, Pessoa is unique in that he also wrote other writers and poets. These he called heteronyms, coining the term to distinguish it from the common pseudonym. Pessoa was not simply writing poems and prose under a different name: the various heteronyms he created were individuals with their own history, biography, personal characteristics and unmistakable literary style.

Bonus track?

I also like a lot Rodrigo Lira, but i thikn it's not translated to english
(schizo freak, very dark humour, intertextuality, and blah)
(curious how it sounds? well >>[url=snip!<</mod.
(obviously already succesfully suicided)

>>well actually the blog's not even mine.

Spud17 edited Oct 03, 2014 01:03 am this post because:

Self-promotion belongs in The Void. Spam link removed.

Not sure if Samuel Taylor Coleridge counts as modern, but i remember reading one night a poem of his whilst i was an RP (Regimental Policeman) called The Dungeon. It really made a big impression upon me and now and again i have to go and read it. If you think you have never heard of him, he wrote the Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. I advise anyone to read some of his stuff :-)
(Jan 14, 2014, 14:05 pm)Lightrex Wrote: As long as Dr. Seuss inspires you in a poetic form.
Dr. Seuss takes me back to my days as an undergraduate. I don't know how I would approach poetry today had I been a college student in the here and now, but I remember the anthologies and discovering some of the writers you mentioned.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favorite book genre to read? lustrous 5 1,560 Mar 24, 2024, 04:44 am
Last Post: samui
  What is your favorite e-book format? And why? iv0live 60 131,489 Oct 14, 2017, 12:04 pm
Last Post: Mesainis
  What are your favorite mangas? ShotChain 1 15,386 Apr 19, 2015, 02:24 am
Last Post: Dubsteam