Utorrent disaster
(May 31, 2020, 15:23 pm)waregim Wrote: #1. Install Firefox.
#2. SOP - install Adblocker, Ghostery, Noscript plugins for Firefox
#3. Google 'Magnet Links Firefox' and follow instructions for modifying About:Config. Will also work for Tor

#4. Do not ever let an AV corporation decide on what you can downoad. It will ALWAYS lead to undesirable results. They are trying to kill warez.
Use either a commandline scanner, or a Firewall. I have had pretty good results with PC Tools Firewall - but for some reason it *sometimes* blocks P2P sites. (Just turn off if it does)

Thanks I got utorrent to work by downloading the "classic" version.  Apparently utorrent is now using "Utorrent web" which did not work for me.

(May 31, 2020, 15:39 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: strum: I hope you can get your money back on Malwarebytes, I'm not sure but do they have a cooling off period where you can get a refund if you don't like it?

I think that if you paid for Malwarebytes by using something like Paypal you could always go down the route by first contacting Malwarebytes and tell them you don't want it and see what happens drop them an email.  Also I would strongly suggest that to get your money back you open a Paypal case and demand a refund.  I would do that first and then see if you get a reply and at some point escalate the case.

The trouble is really it's just no good anymore, you won't be the only one I bet it's happened to loads of people.  If you paid using a Credit Card then might be worth contacting the Credit Card company about it and tell them it's no good you want your money back and cancel all the services you have signed up for.

I certainly will be seeking a refund from Malwarebytes.  One thing I learned is that  i want Utorrent classic NOT utorrent web.  The classic version now works fine.
I ditched uTorrent long ago when its 3.x versions started corrupting downloads (bad caching?).

Try qBittorrent. Both Win and Linux.

It can bind to TAP/TUN so that if VPN drops, torrents stop.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Win 10 blocking utorrent daigorohanzo 9 11,447 Feb 16, 2022, 14:11 pm
Last Post: daigorohanzo
  uTorrent web dueda 2 18,876 Jan 22, 2021, 06:14 am
Last Post: dueda
  TPB magnet not launchine utorrent app wrdennig 0 10,738 Sep 08, 2020, 10:06 am
Last Post: wrdennig
  Search current torrents in uTorrent client 1.8-3.23 list [Autoit script] NotRussianSpy 0 11,576 Aug 23, 2020, 08:33 am
Last Post: NotRussianSpy
  Torrents won't download in uTorrent or BitTorrent HenryCan 7 20,913 Jul 14, 2020, 16:46 pm
Last Post: BigDadE