Using external hardrive to prevent viruses...
I obviously don't want my laptop to get infected. Will it help if I use an external hard drive? Like I download a game and I install it on the external hard drive, would I be able to play without the risk of my laptop getting infected?? Huh I have another question, how probable is it for the German government to catch me? My brother says I shouldn't be downloading games because here in Germany they're very serious about this stuff. But as I have always done, whenever I can't pay for a game I just download it. So, is the German government something to worry about? Dodgy Angel
Thank you for your time.
ehm... to your initial question. No an external HDD wont save you from an active virus. As soon as the virus gets active it infects the rest. Have fun!
Using unprotected internet to download via bittorrent is a very expensive hobby in Germany. It can cost you, or the internet subscriber, hundreds of euros.
Read here > https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Torrent...-need-help
(Aug 15, 2014, 06:31 am)gcjm Wrote: Using unprotected internet to download via bittorrent is a very expensive hobby in Germany. It can cost you, or the internet subscriber, hundreds of euros.
Read here > https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Torrent...-need-help

Oh crap I've downloaded tons of games. I guess I'll stop now. Thanks.

Will they warn me or something? Or will they just fine me without warning me first?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is using crypto so hard for people? Ladyanne3 3 487 Mar 13, 2024, 13:25 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  Using tor to torrent Fistandantilus 3 4,986 May 18, 2023, 09:17 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  Anyone using ArcaOS ? Ladyanne3 2 5,615 Mar 10, 2023, 12:58 pm
Last Post: Fant0men
  Is it possible for your personal IP address to be identified when using a VPN? didnt_doit 9 12,832 Aug 22, 2022, 15:12 pm
Last Post: Slow Mo
  Why is my upload speed so low? (using Tixati) Ladyanne3 7 11,473 Apr 30, 2022, 17:46 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker