Unable to post large number of links
I created a nicely formatted post listing nine new indie games, complete with a link to their steam page and an image of the game.

It's not letting me post it because I tripped the spam filter since I'm a new user with a zero post count.

It said to resolve the issue I should contact an administrator.

Could I have this restricted lifted so I can make the post? Or else I could send the post to an administrator via PM and they could post it for me.

Thanks.
No need to be making up reasons why it doesn't appear.

If it has been banned, it is for a reason.

Of course, since you never mentioned what it is, we could speculate about anything.
Excuse me? I never said it was banned.

I simply tried to make the post and it didn't post at all because it said it contained too many links.

I never made up any reasons about anything and I explained that it contained a link to the steam page and an image for each game.

I mentioned exactly what it was i the first sentence of my post. What are you talking about?

Maybe you're misunderstanding. I just created an account. This is my first attempt to make a post ever. I am not banned from posting anything. It's just that this particular post contains many links so the filter is worried it's spam.

It's not spam so I'd like permission to post it.

I would think my offer to PM it to a moderator and have them post it should make it clear that I'm not trying to do anything wrong here.
(May 21, 2014, 20:41 pm)squash35 Wrote: I created a nicely formatted post listing nine new indie games, complete with a link to their steam page and an image of the game.

Sounds like spam to me.

If you want to make a request all you need to do is name the game. A link to the page is possibly useful but not essential.

Try posting with the images. If that doesn't work, post without the links.
How is that spam?

First off some of the games (140 and Stranded) have names that don't really identify the game well. So linking to their Steam made sense.

Also I figured posting images would help people decide if they were interested in it.

How exactly is that spam?

It's 9 games. I figured making ONE post for them would be less "spammy" than making 9 posts.

It was a nicely formatted post that provided the relevant information.

kjf is accusing me of trying to circumvent a ban when I'm a completely new user because he wasn't able to understand my initial post. And you're accusing me of trying to spam because you're a regular here and you're trying to defend a mod.

I really don't understand this hostility. Are you guys i knee-jerk mode or something because some pricks are trying to spam/abuse these forums? That's not related to me.
You're supposedly making a request, for someone to show you where to download the games.

Why the fuck would you be trying to "interest people" in the games? That is advertising. That is spam. Don't do it.

You asked a question, you've been given the answer.

/closed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to open magnet links. SpiralViper 5 1,235 Jan 10, 2024, 12:11 pm
Last Post: EddieXTC
  Error 413: Request Entity Too Large on upload minimar 4 4,198 Nov 23, 2023, 06:52 am
Last Post: SilkGaming
  Can't post any more tech support requests due to SINGLE thread being locked... K80theShade 9 4,453 Oct 22, 2023, 19:22 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  DL links not working?? Scruffy 1 2,524 Oct 15, 2023, 09:03 am
Last Post: kron
  unable to Download File Rob_M 2 3,395 Jun 22, 2023, 09:56 am
Last Post: Spud17