Can't post any more tech support requests due to SINGLE thread being locked...
I would like to request a deletion of an erroneously-upped torrent, but my single permissible thread for the purpose has been locked.

There are 4 recent torrents I've U/L'ed, but one of them is a dupe and is not being seeded. Please remove the one which is not being seeded.

If you need to be sure, the wrong one was the FIRST one I U/L'ed today.

Thanks!
You should have posted all this in Account Issues, not here...

This is not the place you need to post about this, this is a public forum where as Account Issues is only there for you and the staff at the forum to read.

If you need something deleting then request to do that in there and not here, just post the link of the torrent you want to be removed from TPB.

It's most likely that this thread will also be closed now like the previous one.  If you have any more problems trying to get something to work or delete another torrent that goes wrong then just post in Account Issues where the matter is private and not in the Site Issues forum where everybody can read it.
I am aware this is a public area. That's why I was circumspect in my description. Did you miss the part where I said I LITERALLY CAN'T post in the correct place?
(Oct 22, 2023, 18:21 pm)K80theShade Wrote: Did you miss the part where I said I LITERALLY CAN'T post in the correct place?

Why? What's wrong with Account Issues? Why can't you post there? Everybody else can as far as I'm aware so what makes you any different to anybody else?
(Oct 22, 2023, 18:28 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(Oct 22, 2023, 18:21 pm)K80theShade Wrote: Did you miss the part where I said I LITERALLY CAN'T post in the correct place?

Why?  What's wrong with Account Issues?  Why can't you post there?  Everybody else can as far as I'm aware so what makes you any different to anybody else?

As far as I can tell, it's because one of the MODs locked the thread....likely not aware it was not a regular forum thread and doesn't *need* to be locked....lol
Are you talking about this thread?

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Trouble...ew-Torrent

I thought you were talking about the other thread you've posted that has been locked here in Site Issues.  I just presumed that is what you are saying?  Is this incorrect?
(Oct 22, 2023, 18:33 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Are you talking about this thread?

https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-Trouble...ew-Torrent

I thought you were talking about the other thread you've posted that has been locked here in Site Issues.  I just presumed that is what you are saying?  Is this incorrect?

Yep! that's the one! But it also shows up in my Account Issues area, so it also counts there. Since it was locked, as the issue was resolved.....

Well the 2 threads in question, the one that resides in your Account Issues forum and also the one in Site Issues shouldn't be the same one thread, they should be 2 completely different threads...

I was going to say that if you had ticked somebody off, like say a Mod or somebody who you had said something which they didn't like then it's possible they might have locked your Account Issues thread, if that did happen then there might be a reason why they did that.  From what I can see though in your screenshot it doesn't say the thread is locked as it would have a gold padlock in the corner of the picture right before where it says the name of your thread which you have created...

I would just wait and see what happens, surely you should be able to post on that thread as I've never heard of that before.  I guess if somebody, could be anybody on this forum, became abusive in such a way then a Mod might be ticked off about it and simply just lock your thread for a while.  Maybe later on they might also feel the need to unlock the thread again.

If you just want to delete a torrent then simply just request it and provide a link to the exact torrent in question and I'm sure that somebody will fix the issue for you.

That's all I can say really, hope it gets sorted out and yes you have a torrent that you made by mistake, it can happen to anybody, getting rid of it is fairly easy so not a problem...
(Oct 22, 2023, 19:12 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: Well the 2 threads in question, the one that resides in your Account Issues forum and also the one in Site Issues shouldn't be the same one thread, they should be 2 completely different threads...

I was going to say that if you had ticked somebody off, like say a Mod or somebody who you had said something which they didn't like then it's possible they might have locked your Account Issues thread, if that did happen then there might be a reason why they did that.  From what I can see though in your screenshot it doesn't say the thread is locked as it would have a gold padlock in the corner of the picture right before where it says the name of your thread which you have created...

I would just wait and see what happens, surely you should be able to post on that thread as I've never heard of that before.  I guess if somebody, could be anybody on this forum, became abusive in such a way then a Mod might be ticked off about it and simply just lock your thread for a while.  Maybe later on they might also feel the need to unlock the thread again.

If you just want to delete a torrent then simply just request it and provide a link to the exact torrent in question and I'm sure that somebody will fix the issue for you.

That's all I can say really, hope it gets sorted out and yes you have a torrent that you made by mistake, it can happen to anybody, getting rid of it is fairly easy so not a problem...
Thanks...yeah; you're right I figured out how I screwed up.....but then I was having a shit time editing my last reply....Thanks for your help; you're a mensch!
Well just something else actually, I've just noticed that in your screenshot there's something weird going on...

Technically in your picture, it shows how I am reading your Account Issues thread but I can't because I'm not a mod only mods can do that...

It does seem fairly strange that it showed my name up which I've never seen before either.  It might be a bug or something going on so that's okay.  If it is then Moe might need to look into that because as far as I'm aware only Mods read Account Issues and regular users don't.

I recently noticed a problem myself with the forum and I reported it to somebody it was regarding how pictures are displayed in a post and also how when writing BBCode how it gets messed up during using the preview button.  Like I mean when you preview the code it jumbles up the layout and moves things around where it shouldn't.

This forum was in a bad way earlier on this year and Moe fixed it but it took a bit of time and since it has been updated, the previous board was older but this is more new and maybe these bugs just need fixing.  If Moe is around at some point then maybe he will take a look at the forum's settings and code and try to sort it out...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Duplicate Post TedDekker 1 3,848 May 01, 2023, 00:14 am
Last Post: RobertX
  SuprBay: Post Duplication Bug Slow Mo 1 6,131 Aug 22, 2022, 06:53 am
Last Post: Spud17
  My post in Forum Video Request disappeared hi-skor 1 6,075 May 10, 2022, 20:24 pm
Last Post: workerbee
  Site not working due to blocked main.js Whip 12 52,862 Feb 08, 2022, 22:30 pm
Last Post: cjx2
  Can't find the thread currylover 2 12,217 Jan 30, 2021, 09:06 am
Last Post: theSEMAR