Trouble with Deep Learning Interview Questions
Hello everyone, 

I'm currently preparing for a deep learning job interview, and I used this article as one of my resources. 

However, I'm having some trouble with some of the deep-learning interview questions on the platform. Specifically, I'm struggling with the coding questions. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue and could provide some guidance or advice on how to approach these coding problems.

One example of a coding problem that I'm having difficulty with is the "Implement a Convolutional Neural Network from Scratch" question. While I understand the basic concepts of CNNs, I'm not quite sure how to implement them from scratch. I've looked through the solution provided online, but I still feel like I don't fully understand the code and how it works.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or resources that could help me better understand these types of deep-learning interview questions. 

Thank you in advance for your help!
I am preparing for an upcoming interview and am having trouble understanding some of the deep-learning interview questions. I have been trying to work through some of the questions in the deep learning article, but I am stuck on a few.

For example, I am having trouble understanding the following question:

"What is the difference between a convolutional neural network and a recurrent neural network?"

I have read the explanations and tried to decipher the code:

Code:
Convolutional Neural Network:

Input -> Convolution -> ReLU -> Pooling -> Fully Connected

Recurrent Neural Network:

Input -> Linear -> Tanh -> Linear -> Tanh -> Linear

But I'm still not sure I understand the difference between the two. Can someone please explain the difference in more detail or provide an example of how each works? 
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Dude, in brief, CNNs are primarily used for image recognition tasks, where the network learns to extract important features from the input image using convolutional filters. The input image is convolved with a series of filters to generate a set of feature maps, which are then subjected to a non-linear activation function (ReLU) and pooling operations to reduce the spatial dimensions of the feature maps. Finally, the output of the pooling operation is fed into one or more fully connected layers to perform classification or regression tasks.
On the other hand, RNNs are primarily used for sequence learning tasks, where the network learns to process sequences of data (such as text, speech, or time series data) by maintaining a hidden state that captures the context and dependencies between the elements of the sequence. The input sequence is transformed into a sequence of hidden states using linear transformations and non-linear activation functions (such as tanh or sigmoid), with the hidden state of each time step being dependent on the current input and the previous hidden state. This allows the network to model temporal dependencies between the elements of the sequence and perform tasks such as language modeling, speech recognition, and machine translation.
To illustrate the difference between CNNs and RNNs, consider the task of image captioning, where the goal is to generate a natural language description of an image. A CNN can be used to extract visual features from the image, which can then be fed into an RNN to generate the corresponding caption. In this case, the CNN is responsible for processing the visual information and the RNN is responsible for generating the sequence of words.
I hope that helps!
If you want a more technical answer do let me now.
Hello this is Gulshan Negi
Well, Preparing for deep learning job interviews and coding questions can be difficult when starting from scratch with complex algorithms like Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs). Here are some key points that can help you to prepare coding problems effectively:
1. Devide the issue into more modest parts and figure out the motivation behind each part.
2. Concentrate on existing executions from dependable sources to acquire experiences into normal examples and best practices.
3. Explore different avenues regarding less difficult models and continuously increment the intricacy of your executions.
4. Consider relevant ideas like loss functions, backpropagation, gradient descent, and optimization algorithms.
5. Make use of deep learning and CNN-focused online resources, tutorials, and courses.
6. Utilize platforms like LeetCode, HackerRank, or Kaggle to practice solving coding problems tailored to the interview.
Keep in mind that practice, ongoing education, and perseverance are necessary for mastering deep learning concepts and application. Be patient with yourself and stay motivated.
Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAP MM Interview Questions - Solving Challenge Avantika_Sharmaa24 1 4,771 Sep 28, 2023, 10:09 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  Manual Testing Interview Questions Avantika_Sharmaa24 2 4,878 Sep 15, 2023, 06:39 am
Last Post: gulshan212
  Need help with statistics interview question Avantika_Sharmaa24 2 7,646 Aug 25, 2023, 10:19 am
  Need help with SQL query interview questions Avantika_Sharmaa24 1 5,120 Jul 11, 2023, 08:12 am
  Need help understanding Informatica Interview Questions Avantika_Sharmaa24 1 5,633 Jun 27, 2023, 06:59 am