Torrent Sources that actually have the in movie subtitles
If anyone reading this would please be able to help me find torrent sources that have movies, their extras, tv episodes etc with subtitles for scenes that involve different languages, it would be truly gratefully appreciated as pretty much all torrent sources that I come across do not have subtitles within scenes of their movie files that would normally have them. I've tried applying subtitles when converting them through Handbrake, but that either doesn't work or only has subtitles appear with EVERY dialogue in the movie, even if it is the same language
Why not just go to a subtitle site, download the subtitle in the desired language, rename the subtitle to the name of the movie without changing its extension (i.e. subtitles are usually SRTs), and play the movie?
(May 08, 2018, 02:39 am)RobertX Wrote: Why not just go to a subtitle site, download the subtitle in the desired language, rename the subtitle to the name of the movie without changing its extension (i.e. subtitles are usually SRTs), and play the movie?

How exactly does that process work? With a Mac? Handbrake? Mp4? Will the subtitles actually appear in the movie where hey are supposed to and NOT be the whole movie subtitled in which case it will not play the subtitles in the specific scenes?
I forgot that you use Macs.

What I just said on my last post will apply in Windows and GNU/Linux distros.

But then... if you use a Mac, the software media player VLC can help you customise your viewing experience. When you open the video using VLC using the software, just pick the subtitle. It should be real easy, you just can't miss it.

I have no experience on using Macs, so I can't help you there. I just know that VLC is for Mac, and I am used to using Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 7.

Here's VLC's website: www.videolan.org

If that's not your cup of tea, try this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how...s.1041101/. It's for I-Tunes, perhaps something familiar with your taste.

Sorry if my recommendations don't help.

EDIT: Here's an example of a site that has subtitles: www.subscene.com.

Just save as a default file and then change the name, say "defaultsub.srt" to "Jerry McGuire.srt" if the movie is "Jerry McGuire.mp4." You should be laughing by then. That's how I do it for Windows and GNU/Linux OSs.

EDIT: Forgive my rambling. I think you'll be pleased with VLC if I'm right about what you were asking.
(May 08, 2018, 22:33 pm)Scooters Wrote:
(May 08, 2018, 02:39 am)RobertX Wrote: Why not just go to a subtitle site, download the subtitle in the desired language, rename the subtitle to the name of the movie without changing its extension (i.e. subtitles are usually SRTs), and play the movie?

How exactly does that process work? With a Mac? Handbrake? Mp4? Will the subtitles actually appear in the movie where hey are supposed to and NOT be the whole movie subtitled in which case it will not play the subtitles in the specific scenes?

This process works by searching up subtitle tracks online for your release on a subtitle site (one of many). Find your release, then download and unzip. Open VLC and play the movie, then go to Subtitle > Add Subtitle File... > select the subtitles for that release that you just downloaded. The track will automatically be enabled and should play consistently throughout the movie, of course if there is issues you with the subtitles just repeat with the correct. This works on a mac and does not require Handbrake or any MP4 files, giving the CPU a break.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you ever watched a movie more than three times? White 42 34,461 Feb 11, 2024, 04:05 am
Last Post: jim99mm
  Generate Subtitles Automatically MisterHydra23 7 30,600 Aug 24, 2021, 12:39 pm
Last Post: Hawk
  Sons of Norway English Subtitles medina_w 0 13,024 Jan 21, 2021, 10:29 am
Last Post: medina_w
  SUBTITLES DISAPPEAR ikehgl 0 10,022 Mar 08, 2020, 14:39 pm
Last Post: ikehgl
  subtitles on a movie, without the file to delete baktura 5 18,893 Jan 29, 2017, 19:01 pm
Last Post: bob5695