Torrent Doesn't Show Up When I Search For It
So, I just uploaded a torrent called "Jurassic Park: Blood, Sex, & Dinosaurs."  If I search for "Jurassic Park," and then organize the torrents by upload date, the most recent one is from over a month ago, and my torrent doesn't show up at all.  But if I search specifically for "jurassic park blood sex dinosaurs" then it does show up.  Any idea why it's not showing up when I search for "jurassic park?"
TPB search results are displayed as 'Most Relevant' first. Also, search only displays the first 100 results. Further, sort-by-date is restricted to that set of 100.
'Most Relevant' usually implies max seeds/peers.
So, unless you make a more specific search using extra keywords, a new upload may either be at the bottom of the list or not at all depending on number of search results.
(Nov 21, 2023, 03:26 am)kron Wrote: TPB search results are displayed as 'Most Relevant' first. Also, search only displays the first 100 results. Further, sort-by-date is restricted to that set of 100.
'Most Relevant' usually implies max seeds/peers.
So, unless you make a more specific search using extra keywords, a new upload may either be at the bottom of the list or not at all depending on number of search results.

That certainly explains why I've had difficulty searching for things before.  Thanks for your insight!

Any idea why so many older torrents with zero seeders would be considered more relevant than a new torrent with multiple seeders?
I agree. We will try to get the point across to the site admin. But no assurances. Should it happen, we will inform.

Till then, viewing results on a TPB proxy site will provide some solace :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SuprBay: can not access past torrents unless search for them .BONE. 9 8,592 Apr 21, 2024, 21:59 pm
Last Post: apirateking2
  Uploaded a torrent that doesn't work. What should I do? daddyderek111 6 859 Mar 18, 2024, 06:14 am
Last Post: daddyderek111
  Uploaded torrent not found in the search results. uploaderf 1 1,263 Dec 23, 2023, 02:22 am
Last Post: kron
  SuprBay: TPB Search function and queries not working. blehbleh25 1 3,560 Sep 26, 2023, 03:37 am
Last Post: EddieXTC
  The search function is flawed ciao 1 2,538 Sep 06, 2023, 10:06 am
Last Post: kron