Tor Browser not working well in Windows 10
I am running Windows 10 Home and lately - meaning the last few weeks - I've been finding the Tor browser is working very badly. Is this the right place to ask for help or should I be somewhere else? If the latter, where is the best place to get help with Tor?

The problem is that when Tor is active - meaning that I've launched it and there is a line under it in the task bar - it will often not open. When I hover over it, I see a thumbnail of it that shows the first tab and it looks fine but clicking on the thumbnail does nothing. It doesn't matter how long I wait and I've tried waiting many minutes. If I right click on the icon, I get the context menu and it includes Close Window but when I click on that, nothing happens even after many minutes. I've tried killing it in Task Manager and even when it's gone from Task Manager, it is still sitting on the task bar with the line underneath. If I hover over the icon, the thumbnail has a dialog over top of the picture of the tab which appears to be confirming that I really want to close it but I have no way to click on that since the browser itself won't come up. My only way forward at that point is to uninstall Tor and then install a new copy!

This is really messed up and I have no idea why it is happening. Can anyone shed some light on this and help me figure out how to get it working  properly again?
I suspect it is Firefox causing the issue. I have been similar problems in WIN10 with Firefox. I did not do the latest update to TOR and it is still working fine - FF Ver 78.12.0esr 32 bit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows X-Lite - Custom Windows Builds theSEMAR 3 1,000 Feb 06, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: maskaw
  The Foundry MODO 12.0V1 - Mac OSX -- not working jimboblend 0 3,461 Sep 30, 2023, 23:24 pm
Last Post: jimboblend
  I have a question about web browser for Windows cooltwou 8 7,087 Aug 27, 2023, 08:30 am
Last Post: EddieXTC
  I need a stripped down Windows 8 or Windows 10 installation. Any suggestions? nosnavis 9 21,852 Jul 26, 2023, 12:38 pm
Last Post: theSEMAR
  Windows 10 enables Diagnostic Data despite not enabling it in Unattended XML RobertX 0 4,378 Jul 10, 2023, 22:29 pm
Last Post: RobertX