The most over-rated movie(s)
Independance Day was a pretty big dissapointment in my opinion
(Sep 18, 2017, 03:52 am)georginho92 Wrote: Independance Day was a pretty big dissapointment in my opinion

Agreed.  I know this is a fun topic and not to get too technical, but I'm assuming this is a matter of personal preference?? This is not a "list the movies they though would do well but shit themselves?"

Trying to think... I'm getting into a lot of different genres looking for good ones; but some of the classics I hate. For example: Gone With the Wind.
Since it's personal preference, i'm prolly gonna catch shit but I say:
Gladiator sucked. I haven't been able to sit the whole thing.
Bravehart was boring as well.
Someone mentioned Inception?  I agree with that assessment. BOOOOORING
I also thought there was too much hype in Avatar, which another boring movie I couldn't sit all the way through.
Gladiator is typical oscars material. Russell Crowe is the typical one-character actor, alpha male hero garbage. He's the modern John Wayne, who said he would never play a role of an homosexual or of a retarded, because there was no money in the world to pay him for that.
This comes handy taking into account who didn't win that year, Javier Bardem. If oscars were relevant, it could be said that Bardem was robbed, but they're not, so no problem. His interpretation of Arenas is astonishing, his best role so far.
Bardem is a real actor, and Crowe is a joke. Just imagine that alpha male playing Reinaldo Arenas, it would be ground zero, like the phantom of John Wayne playing an homosexual poet.
Crowe did try playing a retarded dude, in A beautiful mind, and the result is a turd the size of his ego.
(Aug 20, 2017, 06:59 am)workerbee Wrote: Dunkirk ranks up there for me.

Given the critical raves, I went into it with very high expectations but left disappointed.  Despite some very good sequences, the film, for me, was marred by mind-numbing repetition.  You could easily fall asleep for 20 minutes and not miss anything of substance in terms of the plot.  Great subject, poor execution.

What did you expect... Dunkirk was nothing more than the English running away.  You weren't going to get some sort of awesome war epic from that.  At least it was cinematically pleasing. 

It was actually Nolan's shortest file (after Following) and while I think you can normally cut his films some (batmans were too long), I thought he could have added an extra 15 minutes to Dunkirk to add some character development.
Would I say about The Shawshank Redemption? It is good but it is never like top of the world plzz...
People need to learn what over rated means. Over rated doesnt mean just movies you think sucked. and it doesnt mean movies that made a lot of money but werent that good. Shitty movies can makes tons of money. Look at fast and the furious franchise. Over rated is when a movie is critically acclaimed and highly praised, but wasnt really that good. Thats over rated.
(Sep 18, 2017, 16:26 pm)connor17 Wrote: Gladiator is typical oscars material. Russell Crowe is the typical one-character actor, alpha male hero garbage. He's the modern John Wayne, who said he would never play a role of an homosexual or of a retarded, because there was no money in the world to pay him for that.
This comes handy taking into account who didn't win that year, Javier Bardem. If oscars were relevant, it could be said that Bardem was robbed, but they're not, so no problem. His interpretation of Arenas is astonishing, his best role so far.
Bardem is a real actor, and Crowe is a joke. Just imagine that alpha male playing Reinaldo Arenas, it would be ground zero, like the phantom of John Wayne playing an homosexual poet.
Crowe did try playing a retarded dude, in A beautiful mind, and the result is a turd the size of his ego.

I disagree completely, if you have seen 'Master and Commander' or 'State of Play' or 'The Sum of Us' (where he plays a gay man) or 'The Water Diviner' you can't really call him a one character actor. He really is a multifaceted actor. I understand personal bias, there are lots of actors I can't stand because they are truly one-dimensional like Kevin Spacey or Kate Hudson. Gladiator may have been typical blockbuster bollocks but it is unfair to claim it is a true reflection of his talent.

BTW the first Arrival with Charlie Sheen was pretty good. I was hoping the new one was going to be a remake.
Will probably get a lot of hate for this.

Deadpool.
The jokes were terrible and there were only two action sequences.
'Batman Vs. Superman' was generally well recieved, and I thought it was a huge pile of s*%t. Just a terrible movie. I expect 'Justice League' will be more of the same.
(Nov 18, 2017, 23:31 pm)phuckoff69 Wrote:
(Sep 18, 2017, 16:26 pm)connor17 Wrote: Gladiator is typical oscars material. Russell Crowe is the typical one-character actor, alpha male hero garbage. He's the modern John Wayne, who said he would never play a role of an homosexual or of a retarded, because there was no money in the world to pay him for that.

I disagree completely, if you have seen 'Master and Commander' or 'State of Play' or 'The Sum of Us' (where he plays a gay man) or 'The Water Diviner' you can't really call him a one character actor. He really is a multifaceted actor. I understand personal bias, there are lots of actors I can't stand because they are truly one-dimensional like Kevin Spacey or Kate Hudson. Gladiator may have been typical blockbuster bollocks but it is unfair to claim it is a true reflection of his talent.

BTW the first Arrival with Charlie Sheen was pretty good. I was hoping the new one was going to be a remake.
A Beautiful Mind?  

WTF is the first guy talking about. Russell Crowe's resume is exceptional.

Body of Lies, American Gangster, The Insider... shiiiiiit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When did the brownshirts take over? RalfZuckel 11 24,305 Sep 10, 2020, 06:45 am
Last Post: TrumpIsALoser8746513
  Top 10 Most Pirated Movies of The Week Ernesto 314 739,005 Mar 23, 2020, 06:50 am
Last Post: Ernesto
  Most stupid Movies ever zeitgeistman 47 109,555 Sep 28, 2018, 02:45 am
Last Post: LZA
  ‘The Hobbit’ Most Pirated Film of 2013 Ernesto 0 14,845 Dec 31, 2013, 06:00 am
Last Post: Ernesto
  Movie Sources & Movie Formats Suprbay 0 44,066 Oct 23, 2013, 07:49 am
Last Post: Suprbay