The most over-rated movie(s)
Over the last twenty or so years, Forrest Gump (1994) ranks very high on my personal list of huge disappointments.

I've never understood the attraction and accolades it received.  I don't get the characters, especially the pitiful stooge at the center of the film, I don't get all the faux wisdom dispensed, and I tend to agree with the The New York Times reviewer Janet Maslin who called Gump a "hollow man . . . self-congratulatory in his blissful ignorance, warmly embraced as the embodiment of absolutely nothing."

I cringe every time someone quotes "life is like a box of chocolates, blah, blah, blah."

What do others think are some of the most over-rated movies of all time?
anything that starts with the words "the lord of the rings"
Titanic, except for the part where the passengers of the doomed ship were falling to their deaths.

Other than that, I cried over the time that I wasted in that fucking theatre.
Gravity, hands down.
the movie was nothing but one person crying in space.
Any of the Nolan Batman movies. So awful. I can't believe anyone liked them. So many plot holes and horrible fight sequences. Just terrible movies.

Also 'Inception', which was a ridiculous feat of nonsense.

I'm a little surprised since 'The Prestige' and 'Momento' were actually pretty good.
The Departed
(Sep 13, 2016, 00:33 am)Hawk Wrote: The Departed

well spotted, dude.
Bob, you probably watch more movies than anyone else, but you seem to have the worst taste in movies in the history of movie watchers. I don't get it. Lord of the Rings was not the greatest but pretty good, and The Departed was quite good. I'm not sure what you are looking for in a movie.

And another overrated movie is The Martian. I thought that movie was boring and stupid. Smile
Gravity and The Martian. Interstellar underrated.
The Shawshank Redemption. Was it based on something by Stephen King? Then overrated xxxxx times.

Also, most movies by Steven Spielberg. At least, those that I have seen (Eg - Ryan, Lincoln, Schindler).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When did the brownshirts take over? RalfZuckel 11 24,309 Sep 10, 2020, 06:45 am
Last Post: TrumpIsALoser8746513
  Top 10 Most Pirated Movies of The Week Ernesto 314 739,027 Mar 23, 2020, 06:50 am
Last Post: Ernesto
  Most stupid Movies ever zeitgeistman 47 109,560 Sep 28, 2018, 02:45 am
Last Post: LZA
  ‘The Hobbit’ Most Pirated Film of 2013 Ernesto 0 14,846 Dec 31, 2013, 06:00 am
Last Post: Ernesto
  Movie Sources & Movie Formats Suprbay 0 44,067 Oct 23, 2013, 07:49 am
Last Post: Suprbay