Poll: The best for you ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Avira internet security
3.85%
1 3.85%
KasperSky internet security
15.38%
4 15.38%
Norton internet security
0%
0 0%
Avast internet security
15.38%
4 15.38%
Nod32 internet security
7.69%
2 7.69%
AVG internet security
15.38%
4 15.38%
BitDefender internet security
11.54%
3 11.54%
Malware Bytes
11.54%
3 11.54%
Other ...
19.23%
5 19.23%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The best security program
(Dec 13, 2013, 18:11 pm)RobertX Wrote: I prefer Windows 2000. It is lightweight...........

In a thread about security you pimp an operating system that has not had a security update for three years, seriously? (rhetorical).
Yeah, you're right, but whatever.

EDIT: The real reason for putting WIndows 2000 on the other computer is that the computer is a refurbished one; it was not meant to contain important files, just a guest computer. When I bought it, Windows 2000 was still updated (2009).
The best security program is Education on actual computer security.
Educate yourself on proper usage of any activities you do on your system.

***DISCLAIMER: This is just a 'General' view, not targeting anyone...***

This is for you Windows users - speaking in general,of course Rolleyes - how many of you think you're secure because you have, what you think, is the latest and geekiest firewall and spyware programs?
You have all these 'bells and whistles' and only know how to do basic configurations,right? How many of you run your systems as an admin? How many of you Pirate using an Admin mode account? How many of you 'harden' your system? How many of you actually dig around and set NTFS permissions? Create firewall rules? How about protecting your registry? Setting permissions and access control to registry hives and keys...
I could go on and on,but fuck it....Im being sarcastic on all this psuedo-security talk by the general forum poster who thinks some, for example (not pointing anyone out who might actually use the named program), that using some server endpoint firewall product and a PC Magazine anti-spyware program choice makes them 'top dog' in the 'hey, look at me, this is what i use,its better than yours!' Dept..
System security - or 'Computer' security, if you want - should start with the actual system, not with a program.
Throwing some overkill firewall,antivirus and anti spyware on a machine while running everything as an admin account is like locking,bolting and putting a chair under your front door's doorknob but then leaving your back door and windows wide open.
(Dec 13, 2013, 22:42 pm)Carjacker Wrote: Throwing some overkill firewall,antivirus and anti spyware on a machine while running everything as an admin account is like locking,bolting and putting a chair under your front door's doorknob but better then leaving your back door and windows wide open.

Sorry for coming off like a grammar Nazi, but is the above what you mean?

I make the same mistakes too, and I hope someone catches me before everyone else dies of a misprint. Smile

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, most of us, pirate or not, are under the illusion that their fancy security program is the ultimate security suite forever and ever. You pointed that out and I am glad you did.
(Dec 14, 2013, 00:19 am)RobertX Wrote:
(Dec 13, 2013, 22:42 pm)Carjacker Wrote: Throwing some overkill firewall,antivirus and anti spyware on a machine while running everything as an admin account is like locking,bolting and putting a chair under your front door's doorknob but better then leaving your back door and windows wide open.

Sorry for coming off like a grammar Nazi, but is the above what you mean?

I make the same mistakes too, and I hope someone catches me before everyone else dies of a misprint. Smile

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, most of us, pirate or not, are under the illusion that their fancy security program is the ultimate security suite forever and ever. You pointed that out and I am glad you did.
The 'above' is not what I mean, I meant it exactly as I put it originally...I dont think you're a grammer nazi, but read and understand the sentence as a whole, dont try breaking it down into its parts and adding things to it. Thanks.
Sorry, perhaps I will.
Now your pontificating Carjacker Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What program do people use to remove commercials/adds from TV recordings? benn0 3 2,295 Dec 01, 2023, 01:29 am
Last Post: rezwaki
  Is there any good program for dmx controll lightning? tommasozane 1 5,827 Aug 07, 2023, 22:02 pm
Last Post: bilzbub
  Best video upsampling program? LadyAnn 8 16,315 Jun 20, 2023, 21:13 pm
Last Post: rezwaki
  Internet security wont allow me to open files nordic_druid 1 4,297 Apr 19, 2023, 19:50 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Best DVD Ripper for Uploading? z33r01 1 4,123 Apr 17, 2023, 20:31 pm
Last Post: RobertX