The MADS - The Brain That Wouldn't Die
(May 13, 2022, 23:54 pm)NotRichBatman Wrote: Thank you! Heart 

And if an interested party reads this; may I suggest offering a 'pay what you can' digital download after the event. Times are tough for a lot of people and entertainment budget gets cut first for me.

Themadsareback.com is also lacking a visible/existant? donate option

Anyone who can't afford a ticket to any Mads show can just email me at chris@dumb-industries.com - I just ask you do so before showtime. I'd prefer people just did this instead of pirating but I know most of you guys also buy tickets to shows, which is why I don't mind them being shared here.
Hola, Däs Gêrbs,

how much $ would it take for you to connive Matt into not using "like" 15 times in a 23 word sentence and therefore sound like a Kardashian?

*wink*
(May 14, 2022, 12:40 pm)csgersbeck Wrote: Anyone who can't afford a ticket to any Mads show can just email me at chris@dumb-industries.com - I just ask you do so before showtime. I'd prefer people just did this instead of pirating but I know most of you guys also buy tickets to shows, which is why I don't mind them being shared here.

THIS is a major reason why I continue to purchase tickets to The Mads' shows.  I cringe each time Frank curses (that's just me- I think profanity distracts from the humor in riffs) but that attitude- is about as classy as it gets.  I figure if I can blow $10 on a mediocre meal at Taco Bell, without regrets, you guys certainly deserve at least that much for amusing me for 90 minutes.
(May 18, 2022, 21:42 pm)mst3knut Wrote:
(May 14, 2022, 12:40 pm)csgersbeck Wrote: Anyone who can't afford a ticket to any Mads show can just email me at chris@dumb-industries.com - I just ask you do so before showtime. I'd prefer people just did this instead of pirating but I know most of you guys also buy tickets to shows, which is why I don't mind them being shared here.

THIS is a major reason why I continue to purchase tickets to The Mads' shows.  I cringe each time Frank curses (that's just me- I think profanity distracts from the humor in riffs) but that attitude- is about as classy as it gets.  I figure if I can blow $10 on a mediocre meal at Taco Bell, without regrets, you guys certainly deserve at least that much for amusing me for 90 minutes.

I both agree/disagree.  Frank/Trace stated that they felt "hindered" by the PG 13 aspect of MST3K, so I respect that they can "cut loose" w/blue language on their own stuff, & I want them to have that freedom, and express it, otherwise it's a slippery-slope of "giving-in" to tikkytokkytardians and reddit-village-idiots.  However, Frank and Trace are *so* smart that I feel that too many expletives reduce the impact of their comedy; Flip Wilson was hilarious, and never needed a "blue" word.

Cussing falls prey to the law of diminishing returns.

And the "Kardashian-LIKE" just makes someone sound like someone whom was dropped on their head as a toddler.
(May 14, 2022, 12:40 pm)csgersbeck Wrote:
(May 13, 2022, 23:54 pm)NotRichBatman Wrote: Thank you! Heart 

And if an interested party reads this; may I suggest offering a 'pay what you can' digital download after the event. Times are tough for a lot of people and entertainment budget gets cut first for me.

Themadsareback.com is also lacking a visible/existant? donate option

Anyone who can't afford a ticket to any Mads show can just email me at chris@dumb-industries.com - I just ask you do so before showtime. I'd prefer people just did this instead of pirating but I know most of you guys also buy tickets to shows, which is why I don't mind them being shared here.

You and QuipTacks are some some of my favorite people on the planet. You guys know this is going to happen (we archive) and you accept that.

You hope to minimize the proliferation of non-finalized products. Sadly, again, many of us are archivists. I promise to never share an unfinished stream, but I can't promise I won't download it if I have the chance. Also, I promise to give you money someday. Where's that donate button? Or reply with a PayPal link. I'm telling you, I got like three bucks I ain't doing much with. Don't make me buy more ramen!
The next livestream from The Mads Are Back is on June 14, and we can now reveal Trace & Frank will be riffing on the 1977 Italian film, COSMOS: WAR OF THE PLANETS! Spoiler alert: this movie isn’t very good. Tickets are on sale now for $10, which include a download if you can’t watch live.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-mads-ar...orgprofile

I'll be there, Craig. I'm also an independent producer, which as you know, means I get to write the checks and get paid last (if at all). I'm currently prepping 3 different series so I am beyond broke! It'll be nice to have a live stream w/chat where I can relax with similarly-minded people.

KJB
For the record, shouldn't this had been called "Selected Scenes From The Brain That Wouldn't Die"?

(how long before I get a "unapproved post" message for this?)
It was significantly edited by Gersbs, yes. And flimsy reasons given for that, but hey.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mads Are Back videos with the chatter/Q&A? thedavewsc 0 632 Apr 10, 2024, 23:01 pm
Last Post: thedavewsc
  Rifftrax on the Mads! Miss Martian 6 1,305 Mar 12, 2024, 23:50 pm
Last Post: NotRichBatman
  [REQ] The Brain From Planet Arous dest1234 18 4,246 Feb 21, 2024, 13:15 pm
Last Post: NexusWraith
  (Request) Latest Mads episode. MarkP 1 1,142 Feb 17, 2024, 02:38 am
Last Post: JusSonic
  A Night of Shorts 13 - The Mads ocagwdwv 11 5,520 Feb 02, 2024, 17:16 pm
Last Post: intransitivelie