The Last Drive In
(Oct 11, 2024, 16:19 pm)jope Wrote: anyone else see this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastDriveIn/com...an_speaks/

I had not, and it looks like he's since taken it down off "ECKS" so I can't see if there was any more to it besides the screenshot on reddit.  That really sucks, I'm hoping it's some sort of miscommunication between all of them, but the thing someone pointed out about how JBB and Darcy were silent after his HOUSE BURNT DOWN and it was fans that started the gofundme is bonkers.
Feel terrible for Mr. Brennan with what's going on in his private life but a lot of what he complained about seemed super petty and like standard "I think I'm more important than I am" small production drama. If I had a nickel for every time someone in a band tried to torch a good thing because they felt like they weren't getting enough credit, I would have... several nickels.

The worst part is that this is just going to fuel the idiots on social media who think Darcy's a harpy she-devil that manipulates everyone and is ruining JBB/TLDI. Like I get not liking the character on the show (even though her banter with JBB very much mimics what the Mail Girl relationship has always been) but she gets so much shit from morons who can't separate the human being from the (poorly acted) character. Having met her on multiple occasions, she's genuinely sweet and unassuming as can be and takes the time (along with JBB) to speak with fans and goes out of her way to make people feel welcome and loved despite her own issues with anxiety and low self-worth.

Hope it can get resolved but it seemed like the bridge was pretty well burnt.
Any hero’s have the friday the 13th stuff ?
(Oct 11, 2024, 23:17 pm)udodirkschneider Wrote: Feel terrible for Mr. Brennan with what's going on in his private life but a lot of what he complained about seemed super petty and like standard "I think I'm more important than I am" small production drama. If I had a nickel for every time someone in a band tried to torch a good thing because they felt like they weren't getting enough credit, I would have... several nickels.

The worst part is that this is just going to fuel the idiots on social media who think Darcy's a harpy she-devil that manipulates everyone and is ruining JBB/TLDI. Like I get not liking the character on the show (even though her banter with JBB very much mimics what the Mail Girl relationship has always been) but she gets so much shit from morons who can't separate the human being from the (poorly acted) character. Having met her on multiple occasions, she's genuinely sweet and unassuming as can be and takes the time (along with JBB) to speak with fans and goes out of her way to make people feel welcome and loved despite her own issues with anxiety and low self-worth.

Hope it can get resolved but it seemed like the bridge was pretty well burnt.

She's pretty much like the other mail girl's. The hate is crazy.  Some folks should enjoy the show while it lasts
(Oct 11, 2024, 23:17 pm)udodirkschneider Wrote: The worst part is that this is just going to fuel the idiots on social media who think Darcy's a harpy she-devil that manipulates everyone and is ruining JBB/TLDI. Like I get not liking the character on the show (even though her banter with JBB very much mimics what the Mail Girl relationship has always been) but she gets so much shit from morons who can't separate the human being from the (poorly acted) character. Having met her on multiple occasions, she's genuinely sweet and unassuming as can be and takes the time (along with JBB) to speak with fans and goes out of her way to make people feel welcome and loved despite her own issues with anxiety and low self-worth.

i can't comment on the inner-workings of what may be going on behind the scenes re: john brennan versus the producers, but i do think the dynamic between d'arcy and joe bob isn't quite the same as the mail girls of old. yes, they did often take him down a peg during the monstervision era, but that's because, back then, joe bob was roughly the same age as the mail girls and he played more into making his persona a misogynistic pig who was always hitting on them or creepily commenting on their revealing outfits. wisely, joe bob opted to stop doing that kind of thing on the LDI because he's noticeably older, and not only is that kind of humor not in vogue anymore but the age difference would make it creepy. despite that, yes, d'arcy still carries on the tradition of ragging on him and it comes across unnecessarily antagonistic now. i get it--they're both playing characters--but the whole reason i watch the LDI is to see joe bob talk at length about movies, so when she tries to undercut him and complain about him talking too much or whatever, it seems a little mean-spirited and counterproductive to the point of the show. i won't speculate on how she is in real life because i've never met her and likely never will, but i will say if she were to leave the show tomorrow, or reduce her status from co-host to what the mail girls actually used to do, which was deliver fan letters and otherwise not be heard or seen, i think the show would be all the better for it. 

just one mutant's opinion.

p.s. since john's original tweet is off twitter, here's a repost: https://imgur.com/a/5UqGU08
THought I'd Share this with you guys. It's the FEar Fest Joe Bob's that I edited from the Just the Joe Bobs that hit shudder today. It is edited poorly due to tremors being bad so please don't hate. I tried. Just couldn't get the frame exactly lined up a couple times. 

Here ya Go.

It's also the actual movies and not the edited for Basic Cable versions they had to use on the broadcast. SO, boobies and Blood.
(Oct 13, 2024, 22:36 pm)KinoQueen13 Wrote: THought I'd Share this with you guys. It's the FEar Fest Joe Bob's that I edited from the Just the Joe Bobs that hit shudder today. It is edited poorly due to tremors being bad so please don't hate. I tried. Just couldn't get the frame exactly lined up a couple times. 

Here ya Go.

It's also the actual movies and not the edited for Basic Cable versions they had to use on the broadcast. SO, boobies and Blood.

Awesome. Thank you!
(Oct 13, 2024, 22:36 pm)KinoQueen13 Wrote: THought I'd Share this with you guys. It's the FEar Fest Joe Bob's that I edited from the Just the Joe Bobs that hit shudder today. It is edited poorly due to tremors being bad so please don't hate. I tried. Just couldn't get the frame exactly lined up a couple times. 

Here ya Go.

Very much Appreciated!

Here ya Go.

hero

Here ya Go.

First thanks. 

Second, Runrunbill is missed! 

I never realized they censored the movies. That's the whole point of being on Shudder. No more TNT shenanigans. 

And thanks for stepping up!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Slumber Party (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 14 4,375 Sep 14, 2024, 16:47 pm
Last Post: DingusMcGee
  last night's goodies are at /surf Zatteen 15 2,701 Sep 13, 2024, 17:26 pm
Last Post: ageekyguy
  The Last Airbender (2010) 1080p.BR.x265.AAC.5.1-Handy [12 GB] Handy 4 1,253 Jul 01, 2024, 17:11 pm
Last Post: jhs39
  The Last Man on Earth (blu-ray upgrade) billythefist 9 10,089 Feb 07, 2024, 16:08 pm
Last Post: KinoQueen13
  The Last Shark (HD upgrade) billythefist 8 5,920 Jul 27, 2023, 23:10 pm
Last Post: billythefist