Tell me a list of good Torrenting software
BiglyBT here, as I understand it - it is an open source fork of Vuse.
Any idea if the old Vuze addon hacks (forgot what they are called) will work? Last I remember they were Java7.
Anyone tried Acquisition?

It's a paid-only torrenter for the Mac. I don't know about the rest, but even if I was to get a MacOS computer, I'd see little point to buy this, since better clients, like Transmission can be had for free.

https://acquisition.en.softonic.com/mac
uTorrent 2.2.1 is actually one of the most stable P2P programs, better than any of the other Utorrent versions, which corrupted files.
The problem I had with it was it didnt bind TAP/TUN ; which I find infinitely preferably to the VPN 'Guard' software.

Is anyone familiar with how P2p works with ARM Raspbian. Have some Pi's coming, and would like to play with tem as local low power 'seedboxes'. Caint beat 7 watts.
(Mar 26, 2021, 03:03 am)waregim Wrote: Is anyone familiar with how P2p works with ARM Raspbian. Have some Pi's coming, and would like to play with tem as local low power 'seedboxes'. Caint beat 7 watts.

I have one I use for libreelec/kodi, but can confirm that rtorrent runs perfectly on raspbian light (debian without gui packed for the rpi). You can SSH into the rpi from your workstation and control everything from there. I think you will be happy with it. You might have to take some measures to keep it cool tho
(Mar 19, 2021, 09:33 am)LZA Wrote: uTorrent 2.2.1 (the version is old but ad/bulk free)

I'm on Win 8.1 OS

After all these years i still use what they considered to be the best version waaay back then, everytime if i set up a new computer or so i add 2.2.1 Smile
To the OP:

I personally would tell you to use uTorrent, I find it's a very good client.  I wouldn't take much notice of what some of these guys here are saying about older versions, that's actually not true the latest version is just fine.  If you know what you're doing and if you've already read the uTorrent forum and found out how to fix certain problems then the latest version is terrific and there's no issues so don't believe what people are saying it's just nonsense that's all.

I have been using the very latest versions of uTorrent now for several years I always check every 2-3 weeks for the latest version and I've never had any problems with it at all and I find it's damn good software and one of the best to use in Windows.  Also as far as any ads go you can just use ad-block and they go away.  I have an ad free version of uTorrent the very latest and it works great.

I don't really get the mentality of certain people who go on about this old version is the best and that old version, each to their own I guess.  I guess they must have not read up on the forum and don't understand what they are doing.  Getting something working correctly does take time for those of us who have learned along the way you eventually learn to brush over certain comments when it comes to what works and what doesn't at the end of the day depends on how good you are and what you've done in the bittorrent scene.
(Mar 29, 2021, 16:27 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: If you know what you're doing and if you've already read the uTorrent forum and found out how to fix certain problems then the latest version is terrific and there's no issues so don't believe what people are saying it's just nonsense that's all.

Some of us prefer running software that just werks™ without having to go through elaborate measures to disable bloat and adware. And being good at bypassing the intended functionality of the software you chose to install doesn't make you savvy [when hassle-free alternatives exist]. Nor does recommending any software without the stupidity *you* have to work around qualify as nonsense.
Well, there's the problem of vulnerabilities.
I know, it's uncommon to hack torrent clients, by a very limited entry point, and it's already patched; but that's why running a (very) old client version may not be the best choice.
Maybe UT 221 is so old the problem doesn't apply to it, maybe that hack doesn't work on Win10, but I don't know.
How to get µTorrent Pro for free (has no ads)

1. Download µTorrent
2. Download the latest torrent of µTorrent Pro
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

4. Install the Pro version you had pirated
5. ENJOY Cool 

function googleTrButton6373540090226986() { var el = new google.translate.TranslateElement({ pageLanguage: "auto", includedLanguages: "en", layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.HORIZONTAL, autoDisplay: false, multilanguagePage: true, floatPosition: 0 }); el.showBanner(false); var data = {action: "goog-loaded", lang: "en"}; window.postMessage(data, "*"); }
[Image: translate_24dp.png]
Original text
Contribute a better translation

function googleTrButton2722095952858019() { var el = new google.translate.TranslateElement({ pageLanguage: "auto", includedLanguages: "en", layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.HORIZONTAL, autoDisplay: false, multilanguagePage: true, floatPosition: 0 }); el.showBanner(false); var data = {action: "goog-loaded", lang: "en"}; window.postMessage(data, "*"); }
[Image: translate_24dp.png]
Original text
Contribute a better translation

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Commentary: Piracy is good, really RobertX 1 666 Feb 18, 2024, 17:52 pm
Last Post: Fawkesguy
  How do you like your software? ill88eagle 16 24,472 Feb 15, 2024, 16:11 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Peter Sunde / Brokep recent interview "No one does tech for good " ProxyDuck 7 1,610 Jan 29, 2024, 19:34 pm
Last Post: lustrous
  Is this a good idea? Ladyanne3 17 2,635 Jan 15, 2024, 21:00 pm
Last Post: Ladyanne3
  Movies So Good: "It'll Makes Ya Wanna Slap Your Momma!" TedDekker 3 2,280 Dec 31, 2023, 22:28 pm
Last Post: dickhead