TPB Smart search
Help users find what they want by providing aprox. search results rather than 100% accurate keyword input, a few times i got the no results page because of a typo, i know the typo was my fault but if the system helped me by showing me choices aprox to the word i was typing it would have been better.
So because you fail at typing, others should get results unrelated to what they are searching for, simply because they are similar?
Use the * wildcard
Are you kidding me?
Every site with a decent search engine offer results according to the word being typed on, this is the suggestion thread, TPB need to improve its search engine
If you guys want to keep holding on to the past by not improving the site one bit its your call. Using exact keyword search is almost 10 y.o technology and how is people are going to get unrelated results if they are typing part of the word they are looking for and the site will offer them a quick way to autofill the thing they need.
(Mar 26, 2015, 18:29 pm)s1raz1 Wrote: Are you kidding me?
Every site with a decent search engine offer results according to the word being typed on, this is the suggestion thread, TPB need to improve its search engine
If you guys want to keep holding on to the past by not improving the site one bit its your call. Using exact keyword search is almost 10 y.o technology and how is people are going to get unrelated results if they are typing part of the word they are looking for and the site will offer them a quick way to autofill the thing they need.

thast what the * key is for.
(Mar 26, 2015, 18:29 pm)s1raz1 Wrote: how is people are going to get unrelated results if they are typing part of the word they are looking for and the site will offer them a quick way to autofill the thing they need.

Way to change your suggestion halfway through the thread.

What you are asking for now is autocompletion.  Before you wanted it to fix your bad typing.

TPB's search engine is one of the worst, no doubt about that.

Autocomplete is a pretty big resource demand, both on the database and bandwidth. But at least that is a more reasonable suggestion than to expect it to understand bad spelling.
(Mar 26, 2015, 22:52 pm)Moe Wrote:
(Mar 26, 2015, 18:29 pm)s1raz1 Wrote: how is people are going to get unrelated results if they are typing part of the word they are looking for and the site will offer them a quick way to autofill the thing they need.

Way to change your suggestion halfway through the thread.

What you are asking for now is autocompletion.  Before you wanted it to fix your bad typing.

TPB's search engine is one of the worst, no doubt about that.

Autocomplete is a pretty big resource demand, both on the database and bandwidth. But at least that is a more reasonable suggestion than to expect it to understand bad spelling.

I just want the wildcard work. Wildcard * doesn't work for me, it just seams to break the search and always return no results.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search field szzx 1 5,661 Jun 13, 2023, 01:04 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  would be nice to have the old search index back ... astalavistabeby 0 16,367 May 13, 2021, 04:05 am
Last Post: astalavistabeby
  Search tool needs to be more for forgiving opankajkumar 3 18,024 Mar 08, 2019, 12:48 pm
Last Post: dueda
  Search engine questions nazmouille 4 23,557 Nov 05, 2018, 13:40 pm
Last Post: Spud17
  Search based on torrent contents heroskeep 2 16,925 Oct 03, 2018, 13:30 pm
Last Post: heroskeep