THE Paradise Motel
Thank you Taddghostal!
(Nov 19, 2023, 21:02 pm)Taddghostal Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2023, 00:12 am)I Want To Go Faster Wrote:
(Nov 18, 2023, 04:17 am)Taddghostal Wrote: Good god.  I am sincerely sorry to everyone for sharing this.  There is a moment at 46mins in where all of reality just stops. I lost it. 
This one is painful. Hilarious, but painful. 
I hope everyone leaves a review here, I'd love to hear what ya'll think of this one.

Every 10 minutes my emotional state changed.

I started out in shocked disbelief.

Then I was angry at the people who made it.

I felt bad for them (that lasted a while).

I went back to angry.

I was disappointed in myself for being so judgemental.

Then I concluded it's not my problem if adults can't avoid making obvious garbage created by a lunatic, so it was okay to be angry.

Then it ended, and I was upset I'd run out of wine.

I would love to see the faces of people who've come across it on Roku, Tubi, or Amazon.

Although it has a surface layer that fools you, like "oh, I guess some of the camera work is okay", I honestly think it might be one of the top 3 most poorly made films MST3K / RiffTrax have ever done.

... that alone makes it worth watching. So ... ? thanks ?  ... again, Tadd.

... also, the Riffs were good.

(Nov 19, 2023, 20:02 pm)Torgo Wrote:
(Nov 18, 2023, 04:17 am)Taddghostal Wrote: Good god.  I am sincerely sorry to everyone for sharing this.  There is a moment at 46mins in where all of reality just stops. I lost it. 
I hope everyone leaves a review here, I'd love to hear what ya'll think of this one.

In my opinion, there were SEVERAL moments like that throughout.  It's definitely one of the funnier ones from this year I think.  But, MAN this was awful on its own.  Besides all the typical stuff that makes it horrible, the look of it hurt my eyes.  It's like they didn't know their camera shot in LOG mode and didn't do anything to fix the exposure, color and contrast of the video.  This is one of those movies that makes me angry.  Thank you Rifftrax for making things like this funny enough to sit through them.
Ok, the link im posting here ALSO caused me to question reality.  First, a word of caution: Don't look directly at the photos... Just scroll down to where it says "awards"...
Delusion has taken human form in the most frightening of visages

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3148014/

Holy cow.  628 award wins???  One of them being for this, what I'm sure is a masterful piece of cinema.  I would personally pay for the licensing rights to all her "films" if it meant getting Rifftrax to do more of them.

[Image: MV5BNjQ4NzI0YmQtZTIyNS00ZjhlLWI1N2ItMTVi...X1000_.jpg]
Basically anyone can say they are an awards show lol
(Nov 19, 2023, 23:17 pm)Torgo Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2023, 21:02 pm)Taddghostal Wrote:
(Nov 19, 2023, 00:12 am)I Want To Go Faster Wrote:

Every 10 minutes my emotional state changed.

I started out in shocked disbelief.

Then I was angry at the people who made it.

I felt bad for them (that lasted a while).

I went back to angry.

I was disappointed in myself for being so judgemental.

Then I concluded it's not my problem if adults can't avoid making obvious garbage created by a lunatic, so it was okay to be angry.

Then it ended, and I was upset I'd run out of wine.

I would love to see the faces of people who've come across it on Roku, Tubi, or Amazon.

Although it has a surface layer that fools you, like "oh, I guess some of the camera work is okay", I honestly think it might be one of the top 3 most poorly made films MST3K / RiffTrax have ever done.

... that alone makes it worth watching. So ... ? thanks ?  ... again, Tadd.

... also, the Riffs were good.

(Nov 19, 2023, 20:02 pm)Torgo Wrote:

In my opinion, there were SEVERAL moments like that throughout.  It's definitely one of the funnier ones from this year I think.  But, MAN this was awful on its own.  Besides all the typical stuff that makes it horrible, the look of it hurt my eyes.  It's like they didn't know their camera shot in LOG mode and didn't do anything to fix the exposure, color and contrast of the video.  This is one of those movies that makes me angry.  Thank you Rifftrax for making things like this funny enough to sit through them.
Ok, the link im posting here ALSO caused me to question reality.  First, a word of caution: Don't look directly at the photos... Just scroll down to where it says "awards"...
Delusion has taken human form in the most frightening of visages

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3148014/

Holy cow.  628 award wins???  One of them being for this, what I'm sure is a masterful piece of cinema.  I would personally pay for the licensing rights to all her "films" if it meant getting Rifftrax to do more of them.

[Image: MV5BNjQ4NzI0YmQtZTIyNS00ZjhlLWI1N2ItMTVi...X1000_.jpg]

(Nov 19, 2023, 23:56 pm)blurg Wrote: Basically anyone can say they are an awards show lol

They're all fake awards given by her "production" company. Every single one of them is a delusion so a 70 year old plastic surgery addict can feel validated. She genuinely frightens me.  :]
Epic! Thanks!
There's another "award"

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qf6fokey3...tdopv&dl=0
This made Manos look like Gone With The Wind. It comes off as footage from different security cameras spliced together with a very bad soundtrack dubbed in.
Per Tadd's request, my review:

I recommend watching this one.

There are movies that the riffs simply can't help. Zindy the Swamp Boy, Cats, and Baby Ghost are my bottom three for this category.

Then there are terrible movies that are a blast with or without the riffs, and are some of the greatest riffed experiences out there: Miami Connection, Samurai Cop, The Room, and Dangerous Men are great examples about which I'm sure most if not all of us would agree.

And then you've got the ones in the middle: The bad movies that are transformed into a great time thanks to the riffs: Manos, Things, and A Talking Cat?! for example. In my opinion, The Paradise Motel is right here with those. The movie's absolute garbage, it was really hard looking at some of the actors, and even harder hearing what they're saying part of the time, and I STILL have no idea what happened in that shower scene... but the riffs are amusing-to-absolutely-hilarious, to the point where I found myself laughing aloud more than usual for a riff.

Crummy movie, great riffs, worth a watch and at least one rewatch.
(Nov 20, 2023, 20:28 pm)KingSuperMaster Wrote: Per Tadd's request, my review:

I recommend watching this one. 

There are movies that the riffs simply can't help.  Zindy the Swamp Boy, Cats, and Baby Ghost are my bottom three for this category. 

Then there are terrible movies that are a blast with or without the riffs, and are some of the greatest riffed experiences out there: Miami Connection, Samurai Cop, The Room, and Dangerous Men are great examples about which I'm sure most if not all of us would agree. 

And then you've got the ones in the middle: The bad movies that are transformed into a great time thanks to the riffs: Manos, Things, and A Talking Cat?! for example.  In my opinion, The Paradise Motel is right here with those.  The movie's absolute garbage, it was really hard looking at some of the actors, and even harder hearing what they're saying part of the time, and I STILL have no idea what happened in that shower scene... but the riffs are amusing-to-absolutely-hilarious, to the point where I found myself laughing aloud more than usual for a riff.

Crummy movie, great riffs, worth a watch and at least one rewatch.

100%. I'm glad you named "Dangerous men" as that one made me and the mrs laugh so hard we had to leave the room.
The lead "actress" (if you can even call her that) is just so gnarly. If she looked like that naturally, id be ok, but my god, she genuinely frightens me. Hard to believe that there are actually MORE films with her out there besides Apex Predators.
The lead "actress" (if you can even call her that) is just so gnarly. If she looked like that naturally, id be ok, but my god, she genuinely frightens me. Hard to believe that there are actually MORE films with her out there besides Apex Predators.

I was surprised to find out that she was 69 years old when this film was made.