THE Paradise Motel
The Paradise Motel has even broken the RiffTrax staff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099WcTPbkUE
My sincere thanks to Taddghostal for this one.

Buuut I have questions. Not for Tadd, but for yall or maybe the filmmakers?

What the actual fuck was going on here? Did the plastic surgery lady know she was...no. Let me try again.

Did the girls that Plastic Lass picked up all decide to become serial killers? Didnt Plastic Lass kill one of THEM? I usually hand wave off anything plot related in riffs, but this one is truly bonkers. I hated the people in this. I hated the people who paid these poor old people to act in this . I hated it.

Also, in looking up Plastic Lass online, I *think* she may be Asian. I'm rambling as this thing had scrambled my brain.
(Nov 21, 2023, 22:09 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: My sincere thanks to Taddghostal for this one.

Buuut I have questions.  Not for Tadd, but for yall or maybe the filmmakers?

What the actual fuck was going on here? Did the plastic surgery lady know she was...no. Let me try again.

Did the girls that Plastic Lass picked up all decide to become serial killers?  Didnt Plastic Lass kill one of THEM? I usually hand wave off anything plot related in riffs, but this one is truly bonkers.  I hated the people in this.  I hated the people who paid these poor old people to act in this .  I hated it.

Also, in looking up Plastic Lass online, I *think* she may be Asian.  I'm rambling as this thing had scrambled my brain.

You said everything I was afraid to. Every scene brings sooo many deep psychological questions about every single choice. WAS there even a script? Has no one ever told that, plastic creature that all this is so shallow that they would probably look better had they not , well, you know. The hitchhikers? the hitchhikers?? any of it
"Also, in looking up Plastic Lass online, I *think* she may be Asian."

Well ... not any more.

Regarding your other questions ...

It may be worth pointing out that the original film runs 75 minutes. The RiffTrax version cuts out approximately 6 minutes.

I'm sure the full version makes complete sense.

... HaHaHaHa.

Just kidding. I'd bet good money the longer version makes *less* sense. Can you imagine how bad those 6 minutes must be, considering what RiffTrax left in?!

Surely the official IMDB synopsis will ...  nope; "A battered wife on the run searching for paradise finds that paradise isn't always. Nothing is as it seems."

I bet Walter Hochbrueckner wrote that himself.

If anyone wants to watch the full version (which I guarantee will clear up absolutely *nothing*)... 

https://tubitv.com/movies/100000632/the-paradise-motel

"The Paradise Motel; the gift that keeps on giving."
Okay, so it wasn't just me not paying close enough attention, it really is that bonkers.

Also, I loved the riff. They really pulled off the "we are all going along for the same shitty ride" riffing that needed to happen with this one. There was zero pretense on the part of MatB that this was anything resembling a proper movie. I'd be embarrassed for the actors if I weren't so angry that people actually did this as a job.

I'm ready for a good ole fashioned 70's cheese episode!
(Nov 22, 2023, 15:23 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: Okay, so it wasn't just me not paying close enough attention, it really is that bonkers.

Also, I loved the riff.  They really pulled off the "we are all going along for the same shitty ride" riffing that needed to happen with this one. There was zero pretense on the part of MatB that this was anything resembling a proper movie. I'd be embarrassed for the actors if I weren't so angry that people actually did this as a job.

I think this might be one of those films (if you can even call it that) that necessitates NOT paying attention.  Like watching "Things". the more you focus, the more pain it causes. Especially her face, my god, I'd rather look at Neil Breen's arse.
(Nov 22, 2023, 15:23 pm)JetJaguar73 Wrote: Okay, so it wasn't just me not paying close enough attention, it really is that bonkers.

Also, I loved the riff.  They really pulled off the "we are all going along for the same shitty ride" riffing that needed to happen with this one. There was zero pretense on the part of MatB that this was anything resembling a proper movie. I'd be embarrassed for the actors if I weren't so angry that people actually did this as a job.

I agree. I really enjoyed it too.

"The Paradise Motel; There is no God"

I almost worry that this Riff, as good as it is, might turn into a vehicle for that, her  career the way The Room or Birdemic became cult hits for being so bad. Fame definitely has an ugly side..often before it's even famous!
Coolio