SuprBay: Site blocked over Tor
Today, I tried to access SuprBay.org with my normal browser settings, which route over Tor by default. This gives a message that the IP has been banned. Anyone have any information on this? It doesn't make sense to block Tor when you literally have a link to download the Tor browser in the site header. It also hurts anyone who wants to browse without ISP snooping or interference, but who does not have money for a VPN. I myself have money for a VPN, but due to how it is set up on my computer, I have to use a network namespace to access it, which stops audio from working in my browser, a very annoying situation. Perhaps I should fix that issue, given just how many sites have been blocking Tor lately.

Turns out there's an onion link in the footer of the page. If you are accessing over Tor, use that! It works well.
tor isn't blocked.  Abusive IP addresses get blocked.  If that IP address happens to be an exit node, that is coincidence.  Tor is a popular tool for abuse, so there are probably a number of banned exit nodes in the list.

That said, there are also a lot of old entries in the list.  It is probably ripe for pruning.

As you noted, if you are using tor then it is recommended to also use the .onion address.  For those using tor browser, it will let you know in the address bar that there is an .onion version of the site available.
When I get that msg , I do:

->File->New TOR Circuit for this Site

Usually the blocked msg goes away after once or twice on that option.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SuprBay: Tor registration is blocked v010dya 4 1,145 Jan 06, 2024, 11:31 am
Last Post: SectorVector
  The Pirate Bay Site Status Thread (not for personal account issues) Suprbay 1,527 4,484,827 Oct 03, 2023, 01:16 am
Last Post: RobertX
  TPB site format KTrout 5 4,273 Sep 07, 2023, 09:58 am
Last Post: KTrout
  Site Issue Alexs 4 4,028 Aug 20, 2023, 03:29 am
Last Post: Alexs
  Site is Unusable MattShizzle 14 11,799 May 23, 2023, 15:21 pm
Last Post: MattShizzle