Steam to stop working on Win 7 and 8, preparation help?
As far as I know, Windows 7 is really deprecated (like for the last time!) in 2024.

If you get the right tools, you can still update it with no problems for the time being.

I like the Windows 7 interface a lot and I install it on my old Pentium IV and my HP Laptop.

I find it pretty useful; I like that over the cluttered interface that 10 has, albeit hands down to 11 for improving it for a little bit.

You know, OP, that you can use "de-Streamed" games; just Google it around and I won't find it because I didn't sleep the whole night.
(May 05, 2023, 05:47 am)e48wh8 Wrote:
(May 04, 2023, 13:13 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: If you want my opinion, I think that Windows 11 is now the best Operating System that you can get.  Windows 11 works very well and I have to say when I first started using it I thought it was amazing and it's just such a great platform to use and has moved on such a long way since the days of Win7 and 8.  I couldn't go back to those days now and I certainly wouldn't want Linux either because it's a free OS and is full of all kinds of bugs and problems.

I don't understand how people always want to take back steps instead of forward steps but each to their own it's not really my cup of tea, I know my path and I'm Win11 all the way..
privacy is the reason, windows 10 and 11 even more is hella bugged, and by bugged i mean like, wiretap bugged. its not as good as 7 otherwise but still alright, but to me, how good it is doesnt matter with what i just said

i set up win 10 once, spent a few days researching and doing the work to rid it of all the spying/analytics stuff, then it was for nothing because there was this one program i couldnt do anything with, that would automatically check if updates were working, then fix it, then it would update and put back all the spying stuff lol. i would have been able to finish it properly if it was the professional version. i dont want to have to pay for professional windows, and after the research ive done i dont want to mod it either, AND i dont want to install another windows only for steam to break on it too a few years later anyway

havent experienced any bugs with linux but only because i havent used it much and havent tried anything other than the basics, havent touched any settings or whatever

Well fair enough you've said that, it's a shame really because a few years back I had it all figured out completely. Now I'm using Windows 11 and it all just works amazing, I have everything all blocked in Windows so there's no spying at all. I have the best security in the world that you can get, there's nobody spying on me and I can just sit here doing whatever I want and do anything in Windows 11 without worry. I mean I'm a massive pirate on TPB and have been now for several years, I've done that much now that you can just about ask anybody on here if they've downloaded a RYP torrent and yes most have and they've all downloaded from me without any worry at all I've used Windows 10 and 11 for the last 8 years without any trouble never once had a letter in the post or anything of the kind.

Well I would suggest to you going back to the drawing board if I'm honest, the truth is that Linux has a lot of problems that I've found before it takes up too much time and messing around it's just you end up wasting all your time when you could have been doing more fun things in Windows which does work really great. You just have to have the experience in Windows 10/11 and know all about the process of running a worry free system like I do. All the answers can be found on YouTube, I've been doing this now for such a long time I have completely build my entire system here and yes it's really amazing I have tons of reason to be positive about Windows 11 I just love how it all works really good and if you Pirate and do it properly there's no ceiling that can't be reached. Wasting your time in Linux will get you nowhere except just give you headache all the time when it won't work. I have to say that this time around Microsoft really hit the nail on the head and produced an amazing OS and I was happy to pay for it and I got a few actually and they work amazing never had a problem as a techie myself for over 20 years now I have it all figured out and when things go wrong I just fix it and I'm as happy as can be..
(May 05, 2023, 06:08 am)RobertX Wrote: As far as I know, Windows 7 is really deprecated (like for the last time!) in 2024.

If you get the right tools, you can still update it with no problems for the time being.

I like the Windows 7 interface a lot and I install it on my old Pentium IV and my HP Laptop.

I find it pretty useful; I like that over the cluttered interface that 10 has, albeit hands down to 11 for improving it for a little bit.

You know, OP, that you can use "de-Streamed" games; just Google it around and I won't find it because I didn't sleep the whole night.
searching de-streamed games just brought like "tEH 15 BeST gAEM STRAEMIng plAetForMS iN 2014"
so idk what that is

(May 05, 2023, 12:00 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote:
(May 05, 2023, 05:47 am)e48wh8 Wrote:
(May 04, 2023, 13:13 pm)RodneyYouPlonker Wrote: If you want my opinion, I think that Windows 11 is now the best Operating System that you can get.  Windows 11 works very well and I have to say when I first started using it I thought it was amazing and it's just such a great platform to use and has moved on such a long way since the days of Win7 and 8.  I couldn't go back to those days now and I certainly wouldn't want Linux either because it's a free OS and is full of all kinds of bugs and problems.

I don't understand how people always want to take back steps instead of forward steps but each to their own it's not really my cup of tea, I know my path and I'm Win11 all the way..
privacy is the reason, windows 10 and 11 even more is hella bugged, and by bugged i mean like, wiretap bugged. its not as good as 7 otherwise but still alright, but to me, how good it is doesnt matter with what i just said

i set up win 10 once, spent a few days researching and doing the work to rid it of all the spying/analytics stuff, then it was for nothing because there was this one program i couldnt do anything with, that would automatically check if updates were working, then fix it, then it would update and put back all the spying stuff lol. i would have been able to finish it properly if it was the professional version. i dont want to have to pay for professional windows, and after the research ive done i dont want to mod it either, AND i dont want to install another windows only for steam to break on it too a few years later anyway

havent experienced any bugs with linux but only because i havent used it much and havent tried anything other than the basics, havent touched any settings or whatever

Well fair enough you've said that, it's a shame really because a few years back I had it all figured out completely.  Now I'm using Windows 11 and it all just works amazing, I have everything all blocked in Windows so there's no spying at all.  I have the best security in the world that you can get, there's nobody spying on me and I can just sit here doing whatever I want and do anything in Windows 11 without worry.  I mean I'm a massive pirate on TPB and have been now for several years, I've done that much now that you can just about ask anybody on here if they've downloaded a RYP torrent and yes most have and they've all downloaded from me without any worry at all I've used Windows 10 and 11 for the last 8 years without any trouble never once had a letter in the post or anything of the kind.

Well I would suggest to you going back to the drawing board if I'm honest, the truth is that Linux has a lot of problems that I've found before it takes up too much time and messing around it's just you end up wasting all your time when you could have been doing more fun things in Windows which does work really great.  You just have to have the experience in Windows 10/11 and know all about the process of running a worry free system like I do.  All the answers can be found on YouTube, I've been doing this now for such a long time I have completely build my entire system here and yes it's really amazing I have tons of reason to be positive about Windows 11 I just love how it all works really good and if you Pirate and do it properly there's no ceiling that can't be reached.  Wasting your time in Linux will get you nowhere except just give you headache all the time when it won't work.  I have to say that this time around Microsoft really hit the nail on the head and produced an amazing OS and I was happy to pay for it and I got a few actually and they work amazing never had a problem as a techie myself for over 20 years now I have it all figured out and when things go wrong I just fix it and I'm as happy as can be..
getting windows 10 to the point where i felt it was safe was a headache for me, i dont wanna do it again, so im gonna tri my luck with linux. also the same thing happening to 7 and 8 on steam will probably happen to the next windows too at some point. thats y ive now decided to go with linux

whats a RYP torrent?
RYP is short for RodneyYouPlonker.

RodneyYouPlonker regularly uploads movie torrents on The Pirate Bay.
Thanks to you all guys this has been a good informative thread, so thank you all, guys!

To answer about the "old OS" issue, I remember when Windows 95 came out:
It required a brand new, top of the line PC; was a pain to install and worse to use - from a DOS user point of view.

Steam can drop Win7 if they want, but many games they sell don't actually need that.
That makes me think... Why would I use Steam to begin with? It's just an overhead. Adds nothing to my gaming. Achievements? Oh, please!

Win7-11 don't add anything that I need or would like to have. Except being required by some games. Would be happy on XP except for 4GB limit.
Actually Win7's only feature to entice me is the looks, but it doesn't have actual windows transparency neither allow 3rd-party themes.

I don't need any kind of security or privacy. I'm used to reinstall, to have two PCs; anyway browser, site, ISP and neighbor will all spy on me.
Honestly, as my life is now on the mobile phone, loosing it will be much worse than being hacked on the PC.

Running a non-UEFI old system without WiFi or Bluetooth, not even camera/microphone, is a plus.
There's plenty of cheap small boxes and notebooks, people will be increasingly using old specs PCs, thus old OSs.

MS don't want us to install W11 on a 486 or even 6700K, don't want us to run without account logged / online all times.
I believe many people will turn to privacy mods but most will prefer to use a legitimate, even if old, OS than a pirated and/or hacked one.

Users will give up their security and privacy to get the updates, or will be barred of updates, even using their PCs.
So, users give away the control of their PCs to get Steam's comfy DRM-ness, and then are kicked out and lose their games.

That's why I like older stuff. And because I'm getting older myself, certainly.  <-- Probably the major issue!
Yes, older people tend to have issues with learning new things, changing habits, keeping previous aesthetics and ethics, etc.

pardon me poetry
Just curious to test Win11 Privacy, Tiny11, etc. Such stripped mods are unusable for games, but good for browsing on Opera Lite.
Tiny7 I found around the net at the time apparently had a nasty little friend built in.
(May 07, 2023, 00:32 am)dueda Wrote: That makes me think... Why would I use Steam to begin with? It's just an overhead. Adds nothing to my gaming. Achievements? Oh, please!

because its convenient, its like a supermarket for games. everything is there, and it makes updating games easy

unfortunately i didnt really understand drm when i bought all my games on there, i think a lot of people probably dont either

i forgot about this thread lol
I never use Steam.

Then again, I never buy many games either.

Then again I don't play many games either.
I do have an idea for your Steam troubles.

Why don't you just use a virtualisation program like VirtualBox or VMWare?

In it, you can run the SteamOS for your Steam games. SteamOS is a GNU/Linux distribution that is tailor-made to run games.

Check out this link for details: https://store.steampowered.com/steamos
(May 14, 2023, 02:22 am)RobertX Wrote: I do have an idea for your Steam troubles.

Why don't you just use a virtualisation program like VirtualBox or VMWare?

In it, you can run the SteamOS for your Steam games. SteamOS is a GNU/Linux distribution that is tailor-made to run games.

Check out this link for details: https://store.steampowered.com/steamos

i had decided by now that im gonna get a good usb and run some kind of linux on that, maybe steamos

if not then i have 2 hdds now so i could do it on one of them

havent thought about VirtualBox or VMWare before tho
Well, whatever you do, good luck.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dying.Light.2.Stay.Human.Ultimate.Edition.Steam.Rip-InsaneRamZes sjpatrik 4 15,393 Jan 23, 2023, 06:30 am
Last Post: i-spy69
  Uncracked Steam Rips i-spy69 2 8,590 Aug 06, 2022, 21:43 pm
Last Post: i-spy69
  FreeDVDBoot not working on an unmodified PS2 Slim RobertX 6 26,147 Mar 16, 2021, 20:46 pm
Last Post: RobertX
  Non of CS:GO working if no SATA Disk Attached XTTF 0 10,317 Mar 08, 2020, 03:27 am
Last Post: XTTF
  Looking for mouse controlled games for win 10? jaffer 0 10,573 Feb 25, 2020, 03:20 am
Last Post: jaffer