Sorting by seeds, defective?
Hello,

I've noticed this a few times now. When I search for something, I have it to sort by seeds automatically(since I'm logged in), but it doesn't show the right values.

When I change it to sort by "uploaded" I get torrents that has even more seeds than the top of the list when sorting by seeds.

Example: 
I just searched for the new Arrow episode that was released Friday.

This is the top result when sorting by seeds: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/1917846...V.x264-SVA[ettv]
It has 750 seeds.

This is on the first page when sorting by uploaded: https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/1980995...V.x264-SVA[ettv]
It has 2649 seeds.

Why was S06E11 not shown at the top when sorting by seeds?
I guess I'm gonna have to bump myself here.. This is a legit issue, different from the others I'm reading about on the forums. It's like some torrents simply don't make it through your filters even though they should.

I think I know part of the problem, but I doubt it's all of it. The filter before 2018 recognized the search query: the end ... for torrents that were named the.end (with punctuation being treated as spaces). For some torrents that's not the case any more.
Unable to verify your first post, now.

To make things easier to understand, now or in future, please mention :
- your _exact_ 'search string' (or better still, the corresponding URL)
- the output you got (screenshot) OR simply a link to the torrent that you think should have been there (in the top) but was not.

This is not to say there may not be issues with the search results, but just that specific inputs would be more helpful.

The problem and solution to all these search results issues is quite likely the same.

Till it is resolved, use Google as your backup search engine. Also takes some load off the TPB server ;-)
My exact search string: Arrow

Sorting by seeds will show torrents from last year up top, torrents that have way less seeds than some of the newer ones.
If you sort by "uploaded" however, there are torrents with WAY more seeds on the first page.
Those torrents should've been on top if you sort by seeds, but they're not.
Also, I have done exactly what you said. I gave a link of the one in top(back when I made the post) and the one that should've been in top.
The strings are not really the problem as it doesn't matter what you write.

I can only conclude that the filters on your site is thoroughly broken.

Just found out that it's still a problem too.

When sorting by most seeds: https://thepiratebay.org/search/arrow/0/7/0
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/1917846...V.x264-SVA[ettv] <- from 2017
623 seeds

When sorting by uploaded: https://thepiratebay.org/search/arrow/0/3/0
https://thepiratebay.org/torrent/1998818...V.x264-SVA[ettv] <- from the last few days, but this isn't registered when sorting by seeds.
3139 seeds

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using Chrome.
Not working in the way that you assume they work: true.

But not "broken" in the sense that there is anything that is going to be "fixed".

I have just tried your links.

When sorting by most seeds, the s06e13 torrent you mention is result no. 1 (with 412 seeds) and the s06e08 torrent is result no. 6 (with 95 seeds)

When sorting by uploaded, the s06e13 torrent you mention is result no. 14 (with 412 seeds) and the s06e08 torrent is not on the first page.

The two key points to understanding what is happening are:

1. The search indexes are not kept updated in real time. i.e. when new torrents are added, it will always take a while before they appear in searches other than upload order (which obviously doesn't require the use of an extra index when the search query is processed; the search results appear in primary key order). As fake torrents (with fake stats) are uploaded continually the delay is actually an advantage.

2. The seed figures are not accurate. They never are, on any torrent site. The BitTorrent protocol does not allow for accuracy in that area. And BitTorrent clients deliberately ignore most seeds in swarms larger than 100 peers anyway. And TPB doesn't even try to fudge that fact as other sites do, so the figures on TPB are even more innacurate than is common.

tl; dr = this is not a serious problem. You found what you wanted. And if it takes an extra day for others to find the same thing then they will be less likely to be duped by fakes and they will find the legitimate torrents will download faster then anyway (as the seedTongueeer ratio will have improved).
I think you're confusing 2 problems. You identified it as the stickied problem. https://pirates-forum.org/Thread-ThePira...-the-seeds
...It's not. However, it is fixed now.

Back last Friday when I wrote my last post, when I searched by seeds there were no torrents from 2018, not a single one. Now there is.

Unless you're telling me that all torrents from 2018 were updated in February the first time since New Year of course.. and that only the "seeds" filter was 2 months late and the "uploaded" filter on time.
I'm having the same, or at least a similar, problem.

When searching, and then sorting by seeders 'SE', everything works ok, I think. But then when you sort by 'uploaded' (by date) it leaves out everything after Dec. 2017. Or at least it does sometimes. Some things you search for work fine both ways, some don't work when sorted by 'uploaded'.

For instance here is a search for 'Justice League' sorted by seeders 'SE'. Which works fine apparently.

Show Content

Then here is the same search sorted by 'uploaded'. And there is nothing listed past Dec. 3rd. When there obviously has been things uploaded since then. You can see some in the first pic.

Show Content

But another search for 'sherlock' works fine when sorted by seeders 'SE' or by 'uploaded'.

Show Content

This happens randomly as far as I can tell. Some searches/sorts work, and some don't. Not just these two examples. I've tried it with single words and multiple words and wildcards(*), and sometimes it sorts correctly and sometimes it doesn't.

It's sort of sucks when you are trying to sort by date, which I do a lot.

Also I don't know if it means anything or not, but the number of results found changes from sort to sort. For instance the first 'Justice League' has 4087 results, and the second has only 996. The 'Sherlock' one also has a different number of results, 2386 and 7461.That may have always been like that, I couldn't say, and not a big deal, but still odd.
Hey, this is a problem. Answer it if you can. If you can't, say so.
Both Justice League searches yielded 4101 when I tried them just now.

and both Sherlock searches yielded 7461 results

But as I explained previously, different indexes are updated at different times. So I'm sure they did yield different results when you tried them. They just come right in time.

While I understand that is somewhat annoying it is not something that is unexpected, and it is not something that anyone is going to "fix".
The problem isn't the number of results, it's that many searches don't sort properly. And that should be 'fixed'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect sorting with uploaded time sharingiscaring2023 0 279 Mar 15, 2024, 22:27 pm
Last Post: sharingiscaring2023
  Sorting columns opens new tabs with scams nuttapillar 6 2,737 Aug 20, 2023, 05:03 am
Last Post: dueda
  0 seeds et al? Hmm888 4 9,499 Aug 15, 2022, 11:48 am
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  seeds but will not download TheBeard 3 12,510 Dec 18, 2019, 17:12 pm
Last Post: RodneyYouPlonker
  TPB sorting miss things ... johnnyfg 5 17,557 Aug 11, 2018, 05:09 am
Last Post: Leokosta