Soft rock love songs from the 1970s and 1980s
With this thread, I want to take you to another time and place, a time when the pure sound of analog recordings was widely available. You could put an LP on a Hi-Fi system and be taken away. Usually, you could put an LP on and enjoy the whole record as an experience rather than just listen to a song or two.

In this thread, I want to focus on soft rock love songs from the 1970s and 1980s. During that time period, there was some truly great music made. There were genuine musicians creating and performing real music. These musicians were so talented, they sounded better live than on the record. This was music with meaning and substance.

This thread is like a soft rock mixtape.

These are the themes we will focus on:

Reflectiveness
Being in love
Unrequited love
Missing someone
Reminiscing
Heartbreak
Regrets over someone
Missed opportunities
Introspection
Meditativeness
Relaxed
Slow rock
Smooth rock

Rules:

- Please keep to the themes above.

- Stick to the 1970s and 1980s time frame.

- Please don't conflate styles of music. Only post soft rock. Within the past few decades, soft rock has been transmogrified into an unappealing amalgam of soul, R&B, pop and whatever else confused people want to lump with it. If you look at all of the soft rock CD collections that have been released in the past few decades, you will witness this abomination. You will also hear it on soft rock radio programs of today. In this thread, we will revive the true soft rock of the 70s and 80s and stay faithful to that style of music.

Enjoy and escape!

Chris Rea - Fool (If You Think It's Over)

Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why

Foreigner - I Don't Want To Live Without You

Ambrosia - How Much I Feel

Paul Davis - I Go Crazy

Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love

Journey - Who's Crying Now

Blue Gas - Shadows From Nowhere

Poco - Heart Of The Night

86 is close to the cutoff, but if i'm keeping with what you asked for, here is one that I remember:
Red 7 - When The Sun Goes Down

Northbound - Life Without Your Love

Exile - Kiss You All Over

America - (Can't Fall Asleep To A) Lullaby

Erik Tagg - Love To Love You

Craig Ruhnke - Give Me The Nighttime

Cynthia Rhodes - Finding Out The Hard Way

Mike Francis - Let Me In

Richard Torrance - Anything's Possible

Thread Maintenance:

The song below is a replacement for the Eagles song in post #1 which was taken down by YouTube due to copyright complaints.

Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10cc - I'm Not In Love

Toto (featuring Cheryl Lynn) - Georgy Porgy

Peter Allen - When This Love Affair Is Over

Sorry this is from the 1990's, I've posted it now.  There's no delete button either so I can't remove it but still a good song sounds like it could have been an 80's song.

"Sorry this is from the 1990's, I've posted it now.  There's no delete button either so I can't remove it but still a good song sounds like it could have been an 80's song."

Your instincts about the song are correct. It is a song of the 80s. It was first released in Sweden in 1987. It was then rereleased in 1990. They usually give the official release date as 1990, but in my opinion, they should state it to be 1987.

That is a great song. Thank you for sharing. I'm glad that you are a part of the thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - It Takes The Best

Pablo Cruise - One More Night

Boz Scaggs - Look What You've Done To Me

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Songs you like to listen while driving heroskeep 6 457 Mar 14, 2024, 13:05 pm
Last Post: heroskeep
  I love American country gh0ster 75 185,319 Feb 04, 2024, 19:35 pm
Last Post: Resurgence
  Is there such a thing as Arabic rock music? LadyAnn 5 12,479 Sep 29, 2021, 13:51 pm
Last Post: ill88eagle
  Songs are always missing parts sixeyeco 2 17,035 May 31, 2021, 18:09 pm
Last Post: Anoid
  If someone love EDM (futurebass) check this out darewolf 0 15,157 Dec 26, 2020, 05:57 am
Last Post: darewolf