Scam Files Flooding TPB
So, as we've all seen, the problem of an uploader flooding TPB with dozens of bogus files in an attempt to have someone download it, follow the fake instructions to download a codec that the file claims it needs to play, and install the codec (which is filled with trojans/malware) is only getting worse....and imo, you can't even blame the uploader. It's the people who continue to download these files who are at fault. If everyone used a milligram of common sense before downloading, this problem wouldn't exist.... they are enabling these scam uploaders to not only continue the practice, but do it even more.

How can we (or TPB) educate people on how ridiculously easy it is to know a file is a fake, and not download it? As long as there are people stupid enough to continue downloading these files, the problem is only going to get worse.
Common sense is uncommon.
(Apr 10, 2016, 00:54 am)RobertX Wrote: Common sense is uncommon.

That's why I suggested using just a milligram instead of a whole ounce.  Most don't have an ounce to use in their lifetime. 
You seem to miss the boat on another matter.

Not too many people know what a codec is, let alone being suckered into downloading a fake. Like I said, common sense is uncommon, which means that you can't use logic to help you do things right the first time around.
(Apr 10, 2016, 16:21 pm)RobertX Wrote: You seem to miss the boat on another matter.

Not too many people know what a codec is, let alone being suckered into downloading a fake. Like I said, common sense is uncommon, which means that you can't use logic to help you do things right the first time around.
It doesn't need to be that complicated.

Step 1.  Only download from verified uploaders.

Step 2.  If you absolutely see a file you must have from an unverified uploader, read the comments first.

Step 3.  If you download that file from an unverified uploader, and it asks you to download additional content (of any kind...not just codecs), immediately delete the file you downloaded and move on.

If everyone did those 3 things, this issue would go away.  Really not that hard. 
Seem like good ideas, but people don't read. We are all ignorant and lazy in nature. This is not a gross generalisation. When I say this, I am counting myself in as well.

Experience is a better teacher than logic.

EDIT: And remember this: it's not that nobody is perfect, it's that perfection doesn't exist.
(Apr 10, 2016, 20:08 pm)RobertX Wrote: Seem like good ideas, but people don't read. We are all ignorant and lazy in nature. This is not a gross generalisation. When I say this, I am counting myself in as well.

Experience is a better teacher than logic.

EDIT: And remember this: it's not that nobody is perfect, it's that perfection doesn't exist.
Agreed....and that was the point of this rant...to point out the human nature of blissful ignorance, which is becoming even more and more prevalent, and with no will to reduce said ignorance.  Which is exactly why I can't blame the uploaders.... if people are going to offer themselves up as easy targets, of course there will be others waiting to take advantage.  

And you are correct. There is no such thing as perfection same as there is no such thing as absolute truth. 

A least it seems YOU are willing to acknowledge shortcomings, which tells me you probably take steps to minimize ignorance whenever possible.  That's all one can do, but is something almost no one does.
I dont know why people download those scams, i`v seen many captain america civil war full movie on torrent. And i could understand totally it wasn`t legit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Search files inside the torrent m1t0s1s 3 17,240 Jan 31, 2022, 07:38 am
Last Post: m1t0s1s
  Mysterious .pad files in my torrent upload shortdog216 4 11,366 Jan 22, 2022, 13:41 pm
Last Post: spaceship9876
  Firemonkey420's files Pokomolo 4 17,291 Aug 07, 2021, 20:07 pm
Last Post: waregim
  Torrents with exe files only fpilot 2 11,905 Oct 17, 2020, 09:29 am
Last Post: liluser
  How to see files in a torrent ? WW3hasstarted 8 17,966 Dec 10, 2019, 11:20 am
Last Post: WW3hasstarted