Rock Rock ROCK!
That RiffTrax thing has some power. Glad you have a good prognosis and attitude to go with. Get well soon!
Glad you're back!
That's a helluva picture. I'm so glad you got through this okay and I'm pulling for a successful recovery. Welcome back!
(Jul 11, 2024, 00:15 am)Taddghostal Wrote: I LIVE! I'm a frankenstein's monster now,
but I live.

You all are the absolute bestest mates ever.

Surgeons said once they got in there, everything just sort of fell into place.
They don't use the word miraculous very often,  but i never thought that word would be applied to me.
I have 55 staples across my brow, down my ears, plus 11 stitches holding the skin in my forehead from pealing, but I'm here. It's absolutely bonkers I'm here. Rather cathartic.
When they woke me after surgery. I think they were expecting a different reaction. I just looked around from under my bandages with a still face. I wasn't disappointed,  but i fully expected, as did they, not to even be goin after all that, let alone cognizant and awake. It's still an uphill battle. Any sign of infection will mean things failed and the nightmare was only postponed, but I'm going to baby this new skull. Eat right and whatnot.  I can't grieve for the loss of my service dog as the staples are holding my face in position and i must repress even smiling,  let alone a good cry until the staples and stitches come out. average two weeks I'm told.
My mate posted a pic of me on his IG page. see if this link works. He's a funny fucker so the caption is all his.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C9RKFSHtaWk/...dzeDV0MDJs

Again, I can't thank everyone enough for the compassion and well wishes. 
I hope to get out soon and start physical therapy,  and the pain is astronomical.  To the point where I'm hallucinating.  But I know it's only temporary.
I hope to be sticking around here a lil longer Wink

Good to hear, man! Stay positive and hopefully your road to recovery is quick and fruitful.
I told you so
That is excellent news. I'm thrilled it went well and glad you popped by to let us know how it went. Now take it easy and heal up.
So glad you pulled through.

Nice work by that surgeon, cutting along the hairline.
I'm happy for you that you pulled through. Try not to let what you have to go through now get you down. When the pain seems more than I can handle I tell myself this: Every day above ground is a good day. Some are just better than others.

Peace brother.
Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol...
(Jul 11, 2024, 16:56 pm)peephalk Wrote: I told you so

LOL! This is my kind of "feel better."

Tadd, when you're feeling down just remember, Peep told you so.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RiffTrax] Rock N Roll Nightmare (1987) AI Upgrade Riffling 19 18,018 Oct 18, 2022, 21:50 pm
Last Post: blurg
  Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare and Samurai Cop AceInExile 5 20,452 Aug 15, 2016, 18:20 pm
Last Post: AceInExile