Rifftrax Live 2024 Kickatarter announced
Point Break
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rif...13/rewards

This has some serious potential to be epic. Back now if you can.
(Mar 04, 2024, 16:08 pm)ageekyguy Wrote: Point Break

Contributed.

More than 1/3 of the way to the goal after only a few hours.  Not sure how they're gonna make movie riffing work without four million dollars, hundreds of people on the payroll, and a "Gizmoplex" website that no one asked for, but best of luck to them . . .
(Mar 04, 2024, 16:43 pm)inelegy Wrote:
(Mar 04, 2024, 16:08 pm)ageekyguy Wrote: Point Break

Contributed.

More than 1/3 of the way to the goal after only a few hours.  Not sure how they're gonna make movie riffing work without four million dollars, hundreds of people on the payroll, and a "Gizmoplex" website that no one asked for, but best of luck to them . . .

It'll be tough.  Maybe they'll just save money by going to Golden Corral everyday for lunch for a while.

I am amazed they got VOD/DVD distribution rights for this film.  I know they make that a priority after not being able to release Live versions of stuff like Godzilla/Mothra/Doctor Who, but I'm still surprised they negotiated it for something this big.
Well, they are getting closer to their goal so looks like we will get the live show!

Maybe one day the actual riffed movie maybe released on VOD?

Hey, one may never know.
(Mar 04, 2024, 19:08 pm)JusSonic Wrote: Well, they are getting closer to their goal so looks like we will get the live show!

Hey, one may never know.

What do you mean?  This one is getting a VOD release like all of the recent Live shows have.
(Mar 04, 2024, 19:12 pm)ageekyguy Wrote:
(Mar 04, 2024, 19:08 pm)JusSonic Wrote: Well, they are getting closer to their goal so looks like we will get the live show!

Hey, one may never know.

What do you mean?  This one is getting a VOD release like all of the recent Live shows have.

Actual, I meant the movie that Michael J. Nelson years ago solo in 2006, the Just the Jokes one.

I was saying that they could released the Just the Jokes one as a VOD like they did with Battlefield Earth.

Of course, I could be wrong.
(Mar 04, 2024, 19:18 pm)JusSonic Wrote:
(Mar 04, 2024, 19:12 pm)ageekyguy Wrote:

Hey, one may never know.

Actual, I meant the movie that Michael J. Nelson years ago solo in 2006, the Just the Jokes one.

I was saying that they could released the Just the Jokes one as a VOD like they did with Battlefield Earth.

Of course, I could be wrong.

Oh, right.  I forgot that he covered it ages ago.  I honestly kind of forget about a lot of the solo-Mike era.

It would be nice if they did a VOD for that riff as well then, but I doubt it.  I'm guessing they have the rights to sell the recording of the live show broadcast and that's about it.
out of curiosity, somewhat on topic, does anyone know when they stopped selling the 'Just the Jokes' for point break at rifftrax? has it been gone a long time or did they remove it for this event?
(Mar 04, 2024, 16:43 pm)inelegy Wrote: Contributed.

(°.°)
It's just a couple grand short of its goal already, less than 48 hours after launching. Maybe next time MST tries to start up, Joel can ask Mike for some advice.

Aaaaannndd......it's funded!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hangin' Out with Rifftrax Robobex 4 796 Apr 19, 2024, 21:42 pm
Last Post: Robobex
  Talkin' Rifftrax Robobex 5 744 Apr 18, 2024, 19:27 pm
Last Post: Robobex
  Gumby: The Glob and The Groobee (Rifftrax Shorts) Robobex 8 1,216 Apr 17, 2024, 11:46 am
Last Post: Chad Pigeon
  May live show JusSonic 4 751 Apr 16, 2024, 02:21 am
Last Post: intransitivelie
  Has anyone ever "fixed" Rifftrax Live Time Chasers? ageekyguy 3 790 Apr 10, 2024, 11:19 am
Last Post: ageekyguy